Rayyan

Saudi Arabia consulate travel ban applicants

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rayyan said:

Yes.

Clear. 

So you are the USC - did you accompany him to Riyadh for the interview and did they ask you about intent to establish domicile?  What is the status of his case on the DOS website?

I know of many third-country applicants who went through Riyadh over the last few years and a few were from previously banned or currently banned countries.  If the immigrant lived and worked in KSA then they interviewed in KSA and received their visa there.

What I know is that US citizen spouses were falling  under the "close relationship" category and that they were exempt from the travel ban.  Each case as you know is unique.  For your husband to immigrate to the US you need to know that most of the requirements (intent to establish domicile and the support affidavit) are on you and most of my wife's interview in Riyadh was actually done by the guy we call "the guy from the back" hammering me (USC)

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Clear. 

So you are the USC - did you accompany him to Riyadh for the interview and did they ask you about intent to establish domicile?  What is the status of his case on the DOS website?

I know of many third-country applicants who went through Riyadh over the last few years and a few were from previously banned or currently banned countries.  If the immigrant lived and worked in KSA then they interviewed in KSA and received their visa there.

What I know is that US citizen spouses were falling  under the "close relationship" category and that they were exempt from the travel ban.  Each case as you know is unique.  For your husband to immigrate to the US you need to know that most of the requirements (intent to establish domicile and the support affidavit) are on you and most of my wife's interview in Riyadh was actually done by the guy we call "the guy from the back" hammering me (USC)

Yes I with him during his interview, but they did not ask for any domicile. After the interview the consulate said everything looks good but since my husband is from Yemen he gave him a refusal letter & said they’ll decide if he’s eligible for the waiver. Also they requested a DS5535 questionnaire & his Saudi residency copy, we submitted all & sent after a month. His ceac case status says under administrative processing.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rayyan said:

Yes I with him during his interview, but they did not ask for any domicile. After the interview the consulate said everything looks good but since my husband is from Yemen he gave him a refusal letter & said they’ll decide if he’s eligible for the waiver. Also they requested a DS5535 questionnaire & his Saudi residency copy, we submitted all & sent after a month. His ceac case status says under administrative processing.

Administrative processing is not a denial and is common for (usually men) from the region. 

I know the guy you probably interviewed with LOL - the guy at the end window?  He interviewed us twice. 

11 minutes ago, Rayyan said:

Ps; He lived in Saudi Arabia for 12 years and never traveled back to Yemen or any banned country. He also has a clean record. 

I knew and worked with a lot of guys from Yemen.  I believe that Yemen or West Texas - we pretty much talk about the same things around campfires.  You're looking at administrative processing but hardship, especially in these times where KSA is actively kicking out non-Saudis as well as close family ties to USC as well as the situation in Yemen are in your favor.  The embassies are required to review the hardship waiver but from your side (USC) it would probably help his case a lot if you throw yourself at their mercy.  It'####### and miss but Riyadh in my experience gives the cases a fair look and will do whatever they can for your family.  They do have to go through the additional checks and that may take some time.  Best of luck to both of you.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.