Alyssa295

NVC Processing Time?

24 posts in this topic

We got our NOA2 on 6/13/18 and still haven't heard anything from the NVC that our case has been transferred to the London embassy. I called earlier in the week and was given our new case number but they said they didn't know how long until it will get sent on. Any ideas what to expect as far as timing? The NOA2 said it should be within 30 days which would be tomorrow. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I do not uunderstand these K1 holdups at NVC. All they do is assign a number and ship them out. My case left NVC on the third day. It was in London the tenth day after NOA2. Ten more days to receive the "Packet 3" from London which was literally a big packet of instructions and paper forms to fill out and mail back. With all of the enhancements like online submissions, email notifications and confirmations, the CEAC status check, pay online, and such, one would expect it to be easier. There is more stress and frustration today than than we, who just waited in the dark with no information or confirmations, experienced. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

currently about a month, my dates are in my signature below. they send cases out in batches on Tuesdays, so check on those days perhaps in the afternoon. if you've provided your email address you will get an email to confirm it's on its way to the consulate. mine went into my spam folder though so double check that too.

edit: realised sigs aren't on mobile view

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017 | NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017 | NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018

Edited by LeesaMarie

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

28 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

currently about a month, my dates are in my signature below. they send cases out in batches on Tuesdays, so check on those days perhaps in the afternoon. if you've provided your email address you will get an email to confirm it's on its way to the consulate. mine went into my spam folder though so double check that too.

edit: realised sigs aren't on mobile view

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017 | NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017 | NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018

Awesome thank you for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Tuesday; I gave them my email when I called so I should get notified when it moves. Once it starts moving, are we okay to schedule the medical or do we have to wait to actually receive the packet? 

10 hours ago, sumbunny said:

Have you put your case number in here to see what it says?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Yeah, it just says it's at the NVC right now

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alyssa295 said:

Awesome thank you for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Tuesday; I gave them my email when I called so I should get notified when it moves. Once it starts moving, are we okay to schedule the medical or do we have to wait to actually receive the packet? 

with the wait times as long as the are I would book your medical now. all you need is your case number. when I booked mine on 26th June, earliest available was 27th July, my case was still at the NVC

you don't need to wait until you receive anything from the embassy. you don't receive a packet Anymore, just a copy of the approved petition and a letter with a link to their website which tells you how to book the interview. mine came this week, I have no doubt that if I'd had waited for it I wouldn't be getting a medical or interview until way into September.

hope this helps!

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
6 hours ago, Alyssa295 said:

Ughhh our case is still at the NVC. Not sure what the hold up is... we were hoping everything would get done so he could come over before the end of summer

It's so frustrating, feel like I've been cheated out of a month and then some of prepping to leave (if I get the VISA), hopefully tomorrow is your day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So happy I found this thread! I've been worried I'm the only one waiting! NVC received our petition on the 3rdJuly, we have our case number/invoice number; and they can't tell me when they are going to send it to the London Embassy. This is the most infuriating process! I booked my medical as soon as I got our case number because it was a 5 WEEK WAIT for the first available appointment! 

I hope you hear soon @Alyssa295

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Brit&USA said:

So happy I found this thread! I've been worried I'm the only one waiting! NVC received our petition on the 3rdJuly, we have our case number/invoice number; and they can't tell me when they are going to send it to the London Embassy. This is the most infuriating process! I booked my medical as soon as I got our case number because it was a 5 WEEK WAIT for the first available appointment! 

I hope you hear soon @Alyssa295

oh lord. 5 weeks?! The embassy will for sure have everything by then. Try not to worry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you @LeesaMarie! It was always 3/4 week wait when I called up just to get an idea of times, but maybe they released case numbers in a large batch because it suddenly took me 40 minutes to get through to the medical centre and there was a 5 week wait!

Thanks all for the replies and good wishes! I just want to make sure; we don’t have to do anything to get the case to move to the embassy correct? There aren’t any fees for a K1 at this stage? Also, he called today and was able to get a medical for this Friday since someone had cancelled. Will that be an issue if his case isn’t at the embassy yet?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Alyssa295 said:

Thanks all for the replies and good wishes! I just want to make sure; we don’t have to do anything to get the case to move to the embassy correct? There aren’t any fees for a K1 at this stage? Also, he called today and was able to get a medical for this Friday since someone had cancelled. Will that be an issue if his case isn’t at the embassy yet?

Correct, you don't need to do anything. I have my medical on Friday too! You need evidence of your case number, do you have that from an e-mail or anything? Also no Fees until you book your interview, and obviously you need to pay for the medical!

Edited by LeesaMarie

11 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Correct, you don't need to do anything. I have my medical on Friday too! You need evidence of your case number, do you have that from an e-mail or anything? Also no Fees until you book your interview, and obviously you need to pay for the medical!

Haha what are the odds! So happy he was able to get in this week. And yes, we have a reply from the NVC that confirmed our case number so I think that should work. Didn’t think it would be this stressful anymore lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.