Ariane15

Entering US on immigrant visa without X-RAY?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My son did his medical examination in South Africa three months ago, he received his sealed package and stamped immigrant visa but the doctor never gave him his X-ray. We just found out that he needs to hand carry his X-ray which he does not have? What should we do? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

Are you sure the X-Rays are not inside the sealed envelope? 

If not inside the sealed envelope, then after arriving to the US and if USCIS deemed it necessary to have X-Rays, specially in cases and countries with TB. USCIS will refer you to County or City public health services to do the tests. Public health employee might contact you to come in to do the tests or X-Rays. 

Or, they might ask you to see USCIS CIVIL SURGEON to do the that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ariane15 said:

Hi everyone,

My son did his medical examination in South Africa three months ago, he received his sealed package and stamped immigrant visa but the doctor never gave him his X-ray. We just found out that he needs to hand carry his X-ray which he does not have? What should we do? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Did the doctor give him a cd? My wife recently had her medical and the x rays are on the cd she has, they did not give her full size chest film to carry. I do not know if it is the same in every country, we did the medical in Ukraine.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Are you sure the X-Rays are not inside the sealed envelope? 

If not inside the sealed envelope, then after arriving to the US and if USCIS deemed it necessary to have X-Rays, specially in cases and countries with TB. USCIS will refer you to County or City public health services to do the tests. Public health employee might contact you to come in to do the tests or X-Rays. 

Or, they might ask you to see USCIS CIVIL SURGEON to do the that. 

I am sure the results are in the sealed envelope but on the State.gov website, it said to hand carry the X-rays while traveling. I am very confused. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

Did the doctor give him a cd? My wife recently had her medical and the x rays are on the cd she has, they did not give her full size chest film to carry. I do not know if it is the same in every country, we did the medical in Ukraine.

9 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

No, he said everything would be sent to the embassy. Did the immigration officer at the airport take the cd from your wife and the sealed envelope? Thanks!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ariane15 said:

No, he said everything would be sent to the embassy. Did the immigration officer at the airport take the cd from your wife and the sealed envelope? Thanks!

The cd we received from medical has a stamp on it that says do not take to the embassy, we left it at the apartment and took the sealed envelope to the embassy only, we will present the cd at the poe.

we have not come back home yet, we land in Miami on july 24 at Miami

Edited by florida racer 73

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

I would not really worry about it too much. I am sure the Doctor included either a film or Cd or even both inside the sealed envelops. When you arrive at port of entry, they will open the sealed envelope and you will have an idea of what is going on. 

By the way, my wife when she arrived they did not even ask her about the X-Ray, although she had a CD with her. 

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mmagic said:

I would not really worry about it too much. I am sure the Doctor included either a film or Cd or even both inside the sealed envelops. When you arrive at port of entry, they will open the sealed envelope and you will have an idea of what is going on. 

By the way, my wife when she arrived they did not even ask her about the X-Ray, although she had a CD with her. 

3 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Thank so much. Your response makes me feel better.

Timeline
3 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

The cd we received from medical has a stamp on it that says do not take to the embassy, we left it at the apartment and took the sealed envelope to the embassy only, we will present the cd at the poe.

I do think each embassy is different because the sealed envelope is the one my son was told to hand to the port of entry. Thanks for your response, it helps a lot.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ariane15 said:

I do think each embassy is different because the sealed envelope is the one my son was told to hand to the port of entry. Thanks for your response, it helps a lot.

You’re welcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.