ioukta

Vermont center processing time

30 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone,

this is my first question, let me introduce myself first, I'm French and in love with an american from NJ, we have been thinkign about marrying for some time but never really realised it was this complicated, so here i am.

I spent all afternoon (at work lol) looking things over

i will have several questions, we have not started anything yet, but being an assistant i like clear and clean things lol and I ME lol I opted for the K1 visa route...

so my first question will be why do i see 2 different process times for Vermont's center :

if i go in "processing times" it says in april they were looking at cases received in October of 2006 (so around 8 months) BUT

if i go in "immigration timelines" and look at Vermont's statistics for K1 visas the average days between 1st and 2nd NOA is 79 days + 10 days for the 1st NOA that's about 3 months

and in "view k1 visas" i see people in france that have sent their 1st package to Vermont in 2007 and had NOA1 in feb and NOA2 in March !! am i not reading right?

so which is it, or is there something i haven't understood again lol

any help will be seen as a miracle hand extended to me lol thank u very much,

CONGRATS to all that have done it, thank u for helping the ones that are waiting, and the ones still wondering how it will go(like me)

Love

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

The posted times on the USCIS website are the oldest cases that the service center is working on. Most people get aproved in 2-4 weeks with the Vermont service center. California averages about 3 months. If your case does get delayed however, they won't really do anything about it until it passes the date posted on the USCIS site.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

you didn't read wrong, you just didn't reading already knowing the right background information. you're right that there is plenty wrong as well . . . with the whole process.

but rest assured, if you're a vermont filer, you will likely be interviewing at about the time most of your peer CA/TX/NE filers are starting to get their NOA2s.

Enjoy the speedy ride!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline

ooooooooooooooooooh ok i see lol thank u very much phew i was worried and wondering why people frauded with marriage if it was such a hassle lol

perfect, i'll have other questions regarding my situation which is not more unique than another, but still i need advice and someone that understands what i'm going through

thank u thank u thank u

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Timeline
One word of advice: never mention time in your visa journey. You'll be told you're ungrateful, uncaring, etc, etc by the CSC filers.

That's not true. Okay *someone* might be a jerk, but for the most part, we're all happy for anyone who gets through this in one piece and in short order.

We DO get more miffed it a VT filer hits day 20 and posts a frantic rant about wanting the NOA2 . . . because it touches a nerve.

But we are capable of being happy for the VT filer and still carrying the torch of the plight of the less fortunate.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Cf. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=65713&hl=

I understand the frustration from CSC filers - I honestly do. The government is never predictable and they take too long for everything. However, when one posts in the correct sub-forum, specifically for announcements, they have the reasonable expectation not to feel guilty after receiving bitter responses from people.

We are all in this together: I don't give a damn if you get your visa two weeks after you apply, it still is too long to be apart. Same thing goes for someone's case that takes 10 months to get a visa. It's not fair; but life is seldom fair. We should live with the person whom we love when *we* want to, and not deal with arbitrary rules set in place by the government. But we don't and we have to accept that, as a community of visa applicants.

Timeline

Addendum:

I agree with you in regards to asinine posts made by some members. However, you have to understand that when precedent is set, you might get worried if you aren't in the time frame set by precedent.

I don't think the frantic "Where the hell is my NOA2 it's been 2 weeks" posts are helpful (to either the person asking or the community [be it VCS or CSC candidates]). I think the question could be better worded. And I also think that patience is a virtue in this process. I looked at the official time line set by USCIS and accepted it may take that long. If so, I'll deal with it. I understand that I am lucky enough to afford flights which probably makes it easier than others, but I still think that with a positive attitude, it would be easier for all of us.

Coming into this process fully prepared is the best thing. Be prepared for the worst. If something less than the worst happens, congratulate yourself and thank the people who have helped you. Now, following that advice, I want to thank you [ ]; ever since I have joined you have been very courteous to me and have helped me with some of the most basic questions. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

Timeline

Thanks. And I remember the post that prompted your comment after you linked to it - that was unduly harsh (or kind of a harsh attempt at just being funny). I said I laughed at it over there. It's all bittersweet I suppose. And I agree that a day is too long to wait when you want to be with someone. I think we ALL would sign off on that statement!

This whole process is best paired with many, many bottles of wine. Too bad we can't start a VJ wine club (to temper the VJ whine club we already have - I'm a proud charter member of THAT club already!). With all the different countries represented here, we could have quite a party. And some France vs. Cali wine-offs?

At any rate - good luck to you and to the OP!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Here here, Ephesus.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

*ahem* newbie here, what are CSC VCS?

what are u guys talking about? what time? the visa journey is what people have in their signatures?

what's wrong???

Timeline

California Service Center and Vermont Service Center. The former receives the most petitions.

The time frame between applying and visa in hand.

Visa journey is just an expression (jeeze, I wish my French was fluent). What I mean is you start your journey on getting your visa. Like life, everything in it has a journey. :-)

If you're comfortable disclosing, where in France are you? I'll be in Provence for the summer (I leave on Monday).

I was an annoyed VSC filer cause my NOA2 took 56 days or so. Now ofcourse thats not nearly so bad as some CSC but for VSC that was very sucky!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Timeline
I'll be in Provence for the summer (I leave on Monday).

Okay NOW you're just making us extra jealous! ;)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.