Prieta

Waiting on our interview date

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All, 

I'm so excited I found this forum.  Our CC date is 05/17/18 and as everyone else, we are anxiously waiting for the interview date.  I'm new to this so please forgive me if my questions are a bit moronic.  Is there a way to know when to expect the interview date other than going by the posted timelines?  Is there a specific day of the month that NVC starts giving out interview dates?  Do I call NVC or the embassy to find out about interview dates? And my last question has anyone with a cc date in May 2018 received an interview date for Ciudad Juarez?  Sorry for all the questions, hopefully I can find some of the answers reading other's experiences and wonderful outcomes. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Regards and good luck everyone.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Prieta said:

Hello All, 

I'm so excited I found this forum.  Our CC date is 05/17/18 and as everyone else, we are anxiously waiting for the interview date.  I'm new to this so please forgive me if my questions are a bit moronic.  Is there a way to know when to expect the interview date other than going by the posted timelines?  Is there a specific day of the month that NVC starts giving out interview dates?  Do I call NVC or the embassy to find out about interview dates? And my last question has anyone with a cc date in May 2018 received an interview date for Ciudad Juarez?  Sorry for all the questions, hopefully I can find some of the answers reading other's experiences and wonderful outcomes. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Our cc was Feb 26 and we received an interview date of July 16.That’s oar for the course right now. I called but you don’t have to. You’ll receive an email about 2 days later, then a letter too. In May, they didn’t give out appt dates until the 31, because of memorial day holiday. People just started getting interview dates yesterday by calling. The appointment will be already set and they will tell you when it is. No point calling mid month, but you can. It made me feel like I was doing something, although they don’t tell you anything. The ends of the month and beginning of the next are when they give them. They are just now giving interviews to mid-March people for August. This is the most frustrating part of the whole process, I think. Nothing to do but wait. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, J Laredo said:

Our cc was Feb 26 and we received an interview date of July 16.That’s oar for the course right now. I called but you don’t have to. You’ll receive an email about 2 days later, then a letter too. In May, they didn’t give out appt dates until the 31, because of memorial day holiday. People just started getting interview dates yesterday by calling. The appointment will be already set and they will tell you when it is. No point calling mid month, but you can. It made me feel like I was doing something, although they don’t tell you anything. The ends of the month and beginning of the next are when they give them. They are just now giving interviews to mid-March people for August. This is the most frustrating part of the whole process, I think. Nothing to do but wait. 

Thank you so much J Laredo for your response.  I guess I just have to wait and hope they get to us soon.  Good luck on your interview:)

Timeline
On 6/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, ”Jess” said:

Hello,

I am also new here and have the same questions you do.  Our CC date is 06/26/18.  Hope we don’t have to wait to long to get a interview date.  

Best of luck.  

Hi Jess, by the looks of it, this is a waiting game.  All we can do is wait and hope we get the interview date soon.  Good luck.

21 hours ago, Prieta said:

Hello All, 

Welcome!

My CC is 03/15/18, and I just got my interview assigned for August 28th. There's is not a way to know exactly when, but right now it's taking between 3 and 4 months to get a date, and between 5 and 6 months for the actual interview. If they continue at the same pace, it means your date would be around October.  NVC starts at the end of every month (they began the 26th this time around I believe) and continues to give interviews until the first few days of the next month. You can call the NVC, but they can only tell you to keep waiting, and they will send you the email with the date once they do, even if you don't call. The only people with a CC in May to get an interview for Ciudad Juarez have been permanent residents, not US citizens, since they go by their priority date in the visa bulletin. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 3:13 PM, Dianalorena said:

Welcome!

My CC is 03/15/18, and I just got my interview assigned for August 28th. There's is not a way to know exactly when, but right now it's taking between 3 and 4 months to get a date, and between 5 and 6 months for the actual interview. If they continue at the same pace, it means your date would be around October.  NVC starts at the end of every month (they began the 26th this time around I believe) and continues to give interviews until the first few days of the next month. You can call the NVC, but they can only tell you to keep waiting, and they will send you the email with the date once they do, even if you don't call. The only people with a CC in May to get an interview for Ciudad Juarez have been permanent residents, not US citizens, since they go by their priority date in the visa bulletin. 

Thank you Dianalorena, by the looks of it October might be when we go for the interview. Good luck and God Bless.

Timeline
On 6/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, ”Jess” said:

Hello,

I am also new here and have the same questions you do.  Our CC date is 06/26/18.  Hope we don’t have to wait to long to get a interview date.  

Best of luck.  

Our cc date is 06/29/18 close to your cc hopefully we don’t have to wait long 😀

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hello All,

I just wanted to post some information about my case and maybe help others with their waiting timelines.  I finally received the interview letter on 12/31/18 with an interview date of 02/15/2019.  It took 9 months from our CC date of 05/17/18 to get the appointment.  Unfortunately my husband passed away at an early age of 49 (heart attack) and our dreams died along with him.  He did not get to see his mom in Mexico which he had not seen in 20 years.  I made a trip to Mexico in December to say goodbye to her in his place and take some of his personal belongings so that she can remember him always. It was very soothing and comforting to me to be with his family and see where he grew up and visit all the places we had planned to visit.  Sorry for the personal information.  I wish everyone the best of luck and pray that all your dreams become a reality. God Bless!!!!

Isidro and me.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.