Beast8

Visa Issued Islamabad embassy interview Review!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So Guys This is my review about my interview at IsLamabad embassy on 13 June 2018.

IR_2

I arrived at Diplomatic shuttle service at near 5:50 A.M.
The gates were open at 06:05,we were let in one by one than afterwards another que was made to enter inside hall of diplomatic shuttle.We were let in to inside hall at 06:30 than we got tickets of car that take us to U.S embassy inside diploamtic enclave.
I reached embassy at 07:15 A.M.Than we were given numbers and were told to sit in front immigrant visa window.I was first called at about 8 A.M to submit my originaL documents and fingerprints.Than i pay NVCfees here.
As our case was expedited at NVC so whole process was skipped and we had to submit everything here at consulate and we also dont uploaded anything at CEAC. 
Afterwards i was called about 9 A.M for interview,there was a nice black consular she was polite and humble she asked me
1) Who is petitoner,his name
2)Where he lives
3)from what time he lives there
4)Are you married?
5)Where you study?
6)What you study?
Your college name?
7)Have you travelled outside pakistan ever.
Than she handed me white paper and told me to upload affidavat of support of petitioner and joint sponser and my birth certificate,my father citizenship certificate to CEAC.
All my originaL documents were returned,they kept passport.
And also told me to bring correct picture,as my picture size was not correct.
So i went out go back quickly to diplomatic shuttle,get new pictures and uploaded those documents to CEAC my account.
Than I Again came back quickly to embassy and was allowed to let in to submit pictures,and i also take original documents again.
I give pictures to Pakistani staff,as other consulars were gone. I told them i have uploaded documents to CEAC and bring pictures.
They told me that i have uploaded documents in wrong category in CEAC ,so they take originaL financial documents from me and toLd me to wait than after some  time told me to go,officer will review it and told us.
So All this drama ended finally on that day LoL😁😂
Later on that day i was put in AP and on next day at about 11 A.M i check status and it was changed to  issed😊😊😊
Now waiting for passport.
Staff was soo nice and cool,i really loved to being there.
Sorry for long review  but it extended due to that drama on that day😂
I hope it will heLp others

You are SO lucky to have had such an easy time. It appears much easier if you are a woman to get an positive interview. They decide before people get there who they are going to harass and try to get rid of. It's just so unfair that this embassy is allowed to treat people like dirt when they so choose. I hope every person who is treated horribly and harassed and degraded files a complaint with USCIS to try to stop this travesty of justice!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Congratulations. I am sure it has been a long journey. 

Thank U😇

Yeah surely it was a long journey.

My father became us citizen in 2000 but applied for us in 2017 lol

Edited by Beast8

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

You are SO lucky to have had such an easy time. It appears much easier if you are a woman to get an positive interview. They decide before people get there who they are going to harass and try to get rid of. It's just so unfair that this embassy is allowed to treat people like dirt when they so choose. I hope every person who is treated horribly and harassed and degraded files a complaint with USCIS to try to stop this travesty of justice!

Yeah might be,thank u

i think you have bad time at embassy?

Am i right?

Bad time doesn't begin to describe it. My husband was harassed, bullied, intimidated, lied to and about, and all but beaten with a billy club. He ended up writing what I now know is called a "coerced false confession." They literally broke him like a prisoner of war. He now has PTSD because of it. Thank God he is moving to Dubai to work and won't have to be there in Islamabad for a long while. And, no, he didn't move just to get away, it was a good job opportunity. But we did file a formal complaint about that "interview." They MUST stop treating people like criminals..makes me ashamed to be an American. AND they use the Pakistanis to do their dirty work. We will be refiling a CR1 when I return from my tenth visit to see him in July. We will NOT give up, no matter what!

And here's some real irony. My husband has owned a travel/tour business there in Islamabad for years and years. He works quite often on behalf of the local government to promote tourism there. The government folks asked him to meet with some new Embassy people to talk to them and promote tourism in Pakistan. He did, and they were very nice. Of course, they are from a different part of the Embassy. He's lots nicer than me...lol

Edited by Love To Teach
add comment

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, Love To Teach said:

Bad time doesn't begin to describe it. My husband was harassed, bullied, intimidated, lied to and about, and all but beaten with a billy club. He ended up writing what I now know is called a "coerced false confession." They literally broke him like a prisoner of war. He now has PTSD because of it. Thank God he is moving to Dubai to work and won't have to be there in Islamabad for a long while. And, no, he didn't move just to get away, it was a good job opportunity. But we did file a formal complaint about that "interview." They MUST stop treating people like criminals..makes me ashamed to be an American. AND they use the Pakistanis to do their dirty work. We will be refiling a CR1 when I return from my tenth visit to see him in July. We will NOT give up, no matter what!

And here's some real irony. My husband has owned a travel/tour business there in Islamabad for years and years. He works quite often on behalf of the local government to promote tourism there. The government folks asked him to meet with some new Embassy people to talk to them and promote tourism in Pakistan. He did, and they were very nice. Of course, they are from a different part of the Embassy. He's lots nicer than me...lol

I'm very sorry to hear your experience. Can I know what was the reason they bullied your husband. since my interview coming up in a few days if you can advice me on that. please

Timeline
2 hours ago, Love_HZ said:

I'm very sorry to hear your experience. Can I know what was the reason they bullied your husband. since my interview coming up in a few days if you can advice me on that. please

It had to with divorce.  The embassy is very tough on a Pakistani that has gone through a divorce.  Anyone that has been divorced must be sure all their t's are crossed before the interview as it can be a difficult one.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It had to with divorce.  The embassy is very tough on a Pakistani that has gone through a divorce.  Anyone that has been divorced must be sure all their t's are crossed before the interview as it can be a difficult one.

Thanks Freda. Actually we are newly married no divorced either side.  Alhamdulillah everything is clear n straight forward.. took only 10 months for entire Cr1 process. But still getting upset about the interview which is in 6 days. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Love_HZ said:

Thanks Freda. Actually we are newly married no divorced either side.  Alhamdulillah everything is clear n straight forward.. took only 10 months for entire Cr1 process. But still getting upset about the interview which is in 6 days. 

I think you'll be fine.  Try not to stress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.