35 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Mmagic said:

I just would like everyone to know, if you are having a AOS interview, be sure you check your MEDICAL EXAM if still valid. If you go to your interview and your Medical Exam is more than ONE YEAR old, you will be issued a RFE. and will be asked to submit new one in sealed envelope. So, save yourself the time and headache, if your expired, find USCIS Civil Surgeon and have another Exam completed, then take the sealed envelope with you to the interview. 

I want to know did you ever have a copy of your medical exam?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
8 hours ago, thine said:

I want to know did you ever have a copy of your medical exam?

No, when applying for K1 Visa the medical exam is sealed and sent to the embassy. The only copy I was given were the Vaccination and X-rays on cd. 

I just did my Medical Exam again two days ago due to the old one expired. I will  pick it up tomorrow in sealed envelope and mail it. No copy will be given to me, will be kept with USCIS. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mmagic said:

No, when applying for K1 Visa the medical exam is sealed and sent to the embassy. The only copy I was given were the Vaccination and X-rays on cd. 

I just did my Medical Exam again two days ago due to the old one expired. I will  pick it up tomorrow in sealed envelope and mail it. No copy will be given to me, will be kept with USCIS. 

And how was your status online? Are they gonna wait until you sent them the result before they produce your card?

Timeline
22 hours ago, thine said:

And how was your status online? Are they gonna wait until you sent them the result before they produce your card?

Status online still showing "Interview was scheduled" and from what I understand from someone else who told me, after they receive it, then within two to three weeks the status online will change to " Card being produced" or something like that.  Will see what happen and how long it will take 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Status online still showing "Interview was scheduled" and from what I understand from someone else who told me, after they receive it, then within two to three weeks the status online will change to " Card being produced" or something like that.  Will see what happen and how long it will take 

Just picked up my sealed envelope and mailed.  They gave me copy of the results of tests and all negative.  I believe the same copies/originals inside seal envelope are the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I've heard that if you file AOS within a year of getting your medical done for the visa you don't need a new one but I've also heard of people getting RFE's for it being expired. From personal experience, we technically were unexpired when we sent in our packet but were literal days away from it expiring so we aired on the side of caution and got her medical redone. We had to call around to quite a few civil surgeons until we found one who would just transcribe her shot record from the DS-3025 for a cheaper cost than having to redo the whole exam. This process is long enough. Save yourself the stress and get a new medical done. 

unitedstates.gift4518.gifbelgium-flag.gif

Met Online March 3, 2016

Became a couple April 2, 2016

First trip to Belgium: June 28 - August 11, 2016

Second trip to Belgium: December 15, 2016 - March 11, 2017

K1

Sent in I-129F September 14, 2016

Visa received in hand April 6, 2017

I-129F to K1 in hand: 204 days (6 months 23 days)

Arrived into the US May 10, 2017

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Sent AOS packet January 19, 2018

Greencard received in mail June 14, 2018

AOS to Greencard in hand: 146 days (4 months 26 days)  

Timeline
22 hours ago, sunshinelove said:

I've heard that if you file AOS within a year of getting your medical done for the visa you don't need a new one but I've also heard of people getting RFE's for it being expired. From personal experience, we technically were unexpired when we sent in our packet but were literal days away from it expiring so we aired on the side of caution and got her medical redone. We had to call around to quite a few civil surgeons until we found one who would just transcribe her shot record from the DS-3025 for a cheaper cost than having to redo the whole exam. This process is long enough. Save yourself the stress and get a new medical done. 

I think you are not following or reading the thread...go back and read. I already got the test and it took three days. The reason for the three days is it takes 48 to 72 hours for the TB test, so if people have no problem with  the results of the exam, then three days the report should be ready. And no, the record from the DS-3025 for the shots is not enough. USCIS asked for Medical Exam which I just completed and sent you USCIS in sealed envelope. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

I think you are not following or reading the thread...go back and read. I already got the test and it took three days. The reason for the three days is it takes 48 to 72 hours for the TB test, so if people have no problem with  the results of the exam, then three days the report should be ready. And no, the record from the DS-3025 for the shots is not enough. USCIS asked for Medical Exam which I just completed and sent you USCIS in sealed envelope. 

I'm on mobile and didn't notice there was a page 1. So sorry for missing some crucial information but I was just trying to help. There's no need to be rude. 

Met Online March 3, 2016

K1

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Timeline
7 hours ago, sunshinelove said:

I'm on mobile and didn't notice there was a page 1. So sorry for missing some crucial information but I was just trying to help. There's no need to be rude. 

I am really sorry if you felt that I was rude, which I was not trying to be. You yourself even admitted that you did not read page "one" because you were using your phone. So, I was right when I said you have not read the thread and I was trying to clear it up that if USCIS officer request a new medical exam due to expiration, then a new one must be submitted. 

My apology again and I do appreciate your feed back, thank you!

Timeline

Yeah once I went back and read I realized my response wasn't relevant lol :blink:

Met Online March 3, 2016

K1

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Mmagic said:

I just would like everyone to know, if you are having a AOS interview, be sure you check your MEDICAL EXAM if still valid. If you go to your interview and your Medical Exam is more than ONE YEAR old, you will be issued a RFE. and will be asked to submit new one in sealed envelope. So, save yourself the time and headache, if your expired, find USCIS Civil Surgeon and have another Exam completed, then take the sealed envelope with you to the interview. 

Just had my interview and you are right. They requested new Medical examination so 2 weeks before my interview I already scheduled my medical appointment the day after my interview. Good thing. Until it is submitted they are not gonna issue the card.

Good Tip: They said that processing time is taking longer now so Medical examination doesn't necessarily need to be submitted along with your petition/application so it doesn't expire until the interview and not cost you twice. You can just bring it on the interview and/or until they request for it.

Timeline
6 hours ago, thine said:

Just had my interview and you are right. They requested new Medical examination so 2 weeks before my interview I already scheduled my medical appointment the day after my interview. Good thing. Until it is submitted they are not gonna issue the card.

Good Tip: They said that processing time is taking longer now so Medical examination doesn't necessarily need to be submitted along with your petition/application so it doesn't expire until the interview and not cost you twice. You can just bring it on the interview and/or until they request for it.

So you you had your interview and they asked  you for Medical Exam? You will submit a new one? 

After we submitted the Medical Exam on the 18th. On the 20th our case was approved. The Green Card was sent out in the Mail USPS and tomorrow is the expected delivery. So, it will not take long after the Medical Exam to receive the card if approved. So from the time of the EXAM 15TH, to the 27TH, 12 days which is great. Hope you have yours soon as well. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmagic said:

So you you had your interview and they asked  you for Medical Exam? You will submit a new one? 

After we submitted the Medical Exam on the 18th. On the 20th our case was approved. The Green Card was sent out in the Mail USPS and tomorrow is the expected delivery. So, it will not take long after the Medical Exam to receive the card if approved. So from the time of the EXAM 15TH, to the 27TH, 12 days which is great. Hope you have yours soon as well. 

That's right. I have to submit it. So I had my medical exam scheduled the day after my interview..Does it say on the status that it is approved? I was told by the IO that I'm gonna have my green card after they receive it. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, thine said:

That's right. I have to submit it. So I had my medical exam scheduled the day after my interview..Does it say on the status that it is approved? I was told by the IO that I'm gonna have my green card after they receive it. 

Yes, the status will change in my case, first status said "Card was mailed to me" then another status three days later changed to " US POSTAL OFFICE PICKED UP YOUR CARD FOR DELIVERY" arriving on June 27th

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

Yes, the status will change in my case, first status said "Card was mailed to me" then another status three days later changed to " US POSTAL OFFICE PICKED UP YOUR CARD FOR DELIVERY" arriving on June 27th

I am happy for you. Stress-free for the next 2 years. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.