Kathy and Jesse

What to do next? I-130 petition for parent of USC

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally! After 2 months and 1 week we got a case number from NVC. I filled out the DS 261 online. Am I considered as an agent since I prepared my mom’s petition? Friend of mine said yes. When do I pay the IV fee and affidavit of support and what and when should I mailed out the docs for NVC? I know I have the instructions of what they need but it is not so cleared to me! It has been years since the last time I did this. Just thought it’ll be easier and quicker if I just ask here so I don’t have to do more research since we have so much going on right now. Like for example, they are asking for w2’s, IRS transcript and tax return. Are they asking for the last 3 years? How do I provide the Social Security Earnings Statement? Where do I find that? In my paystubs? 

2 more things. I am having my husband as my co sponsor, do I just filled out I-864a or fill out i-864a and i864? The other thing is, we are moving and since we have a pending petition, where do I do the change of address? Do I have to do it on USCIS website or NVC?

Sorry guys! Too much questions! Can’t wait until it is all over!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Finally! After 2 months and 1 week we got a case number from NVC. I filled out the DS 261 online. Am I considered as an agent since I prepared my mom’s petition? Friend of mine said yes. When do I pay the IV fee and affidavit of support and what and when should I mailed out the docs for NVC? I know I have the instructions of what they need but it is not so cleared to me! It has been years since the last time I did this. Just thought it’ll be easier and quicker if I just ask here so I don’t have to do more research since we have so much going on right now. Like for example, they are asking for w2’s, IRS transcript and tax return. Are they asking for the last 3 years? How do I provide the Social Security Earnings Statement? Where do I find that? In my paystubs? 

2 more things. I am having my husband as my co sponsor, do I just filled out I-864a or fill out i-864a and i864? The other thing is, we are moving and since we have a pending petition, where do I do the change of address? Do I have to do it on USCIS website or NVC?

Sorry guys! Too much questions! Can’t wait until it is all over!

Hey you two!!!

Yes you can list yourself as your mom's agent.  

Your agent will receive communication from the NVC about your case. You may act as your own agent or you may choose your petitioner, a family member, friend, attorney, immigration professional, or any other person you trust. You may have an agent that represented you and the petitioner in the petition process with USCIS. However, you will need to formally select an agent to represent you for your visa processing.

To choose your agent, complete the Choice of Address and Agent (DS-261) form in the Consular Electronic Application Center.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

As for tax return .. MOST RECENT year.

SS statement not needed unless   >>   If the principal applicant completed Form I-864W because he or she can be credited with 40 eligible quarters under the Social Security Act, submit his or her SSA Earnings Statement showing the coverage.

You can obtain an SSA Earnings Statement online at http://ssa.gov/myaccount. You can also call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 for more information.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.