ColoradoSteve

Question regarding supporting documents for I-134

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Everyone,

I am gathering up the last of the supporting documents for my I-134 in hopes that we will eventually be able to get an interview. I asked an officer at my bank for the letter that shows all of my accounts, their dates, balances, and total deposits for the past year. I was told he can get this for me within 1/2 hour (thank you Wells Fargo!). The bank asked "Do the account numbers need to be included in this document?" Any thoughts? I earn much more than the 125% poverty limit, so chances are good that I won't need the bank statements anyways. But I want to be safe.

Regards,

Steve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ColoradoSteve said:

Everyone,

I am gathering up the last of the supporting documents for my I-134 in hopes that we will eventually be able to get an interview. I asked an officer at my bank for the letter that shows all of my accounts, their dates, balances, and total deposits for the past year. I was told he can get this for me within 1/2 hour (thank you Wells Fargo!). The bank asked "Do the account numbers need to be included in this document?" Any thoughts? I earn much more than the 125% poverty limit, so chances are good that I won't need the bank statements anyways. But I want to be safe.

Regards,

Steve

No need, since its a bank letter certificate, all they need to show is your name. You dont want that info just flying around for no reason. And good luck on your interview, i remember you having issues with the wrong embassy and not

Edited by Alabamak1

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

Thanks Alabamak1. I told my bank to leave off the account numbers.

Yes, the NVC sent our petition to the wrong country. But that turned out to be the least of our problems. We got the petition transferred successfully to Nicaragua within 2 weeks. But the whole country is on the verge of civil war. Much violence, looting, and burning. The embassy is largely shut down. We are unable to get an interview scheduled, because they won't make any appointments available. The country has become very dangerous, and my fiancée is afraid for her life.

We are going to request another transfer to Panama, hopefully they will take our case. We have heard rumors that other people from Nicaragua have done this. Any thoughts on who I need to contact to accomplish this feat? I am guessing I need to contact the American embassy in Panama to request a transfer, and beg them to accept our case.

Regards,

Steve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ColoradoSteve said:

Thanks Alabamak1. I told my bank to leave off the account numbers.

Yes, the NVC sent our petition to the wrong country. But that turned out to be the least of our problems. We got the petition transferred successfully to Nicaragua within 2 weeks. But the whole country is on the verge of civil war. Much violence, looting, and burning. The embassy is largely shut down. We are unable to get an interview scheduled, because they won't make any appointments available. The country has become very dangerous, and my fiancée is afraid for her life.

We are going to request another transfer to Panama, hopefully they will take our case. We have heard rumors that other people from Nicaragua have done this. Any thoughts on who I need to contact to accomplish this feat? I am guessing I need to contact the American embassy in Panama to request a transfer, and beg them to accept our case.

Regards,

Steve

Dang, really sorry for you prolonged wait....and now another transfer and russian roulette game at sending the paperwork. Hope you get it done. I can say even though it's been tough, at least my wife is here now and the wait is not such a problem. We just got email notification from our AOS packet.  

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

I am currently in the process of transferring our case to Panama. It is currently being reviewed. The only negative is that we will have to re-pay and re-fill out the DS 160. When I talked to an officer in Panama, she had also told me that I will most likely have to make another doctors appointment in Panama even though he has already seen a Nicaraguan doctor. She said that she was not sure about this, but that we would receive all necessary information once our case has been successfully transferred.

Also, the process of transferring so far has been quite easy. All I had to do is contact Panama requesting permission, which I did over the phone. They said that I just needed to send a letter to both embassies 1) explaining the reason for transfer 2) case number 3) copy of applicant's passport. I typed the letter, printed it, signed it, scanned it, and sent is as a PDF. The applicant should sign it. In my case, I am currently in Nicaragua with my fiancee so we both signed it. But they had told me that in this case, the interview is for the applicant, not the beneficiary. Therefore, just have her print and sign it. 

Edited by 10.bew.16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.