JeanneSs

June 2018 filers of I-130 for Parents

123 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, willcrack said:

There sure is another fee - the USCIS immigrant fee, which you pay after the visa is issued. $220 each!

Thank you for the information! Are you june filer also? Im still working on my parents NVC application. Will prolly send it next week. do you know how long it takes for them to approve the Immigrant Visa application?  And from approval to interview? Thank you!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

After documents are uploaded NVC generally takes about 10-14 days to approve (Documentarily Qualified/CC) or comment. After CC it all depends on how busy the US post is, but generally you hear back on the interview date within a month and the actual interview a month after. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 7:24 AM, willcrack said:

After documents are uploaded NVC generally takes about 10-14 days to approve (Documentarily Qualified/CC) or comment. After CC it all depends on how busy the US post is, but generally you hear back on the interview date within a month and the actual interview a month after. 

Thank you! Submitted all documents to NVC praying for document qualified/ CC 🙏🙏 

Edited by vspink94

Got an update from NVC for my dad's case  4 civil document was rejected , its says part of the document is missing but my lawyer submitted the same file. They didnt even re-arrange the document so its not cut. Im so mad :( i feel like it will be rejected again. Any updates anyone? Thank you!  I hope all is well with you all! God bless. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am June 2018 filers for my parents as well. Update my timeline as below:

+PD: June 18, 2018

+UCSIC approved: Jan 31, 2019

+ CEAC case created by email: Mar 19, 2019

+ NVC all documents submitted on April 18, 2019 (I should submit earlier but I was so busy with work, and it also took 3 weeks to get the police report for my parents from Vietnam) 

+ NVC documents accepted: April 23, 2019 (as my calculation, just took 4 business days to get approved from NVC

+ Now: just waiting for the interview date confirmed.

Good luck everyone, just a few steps to go !!!

On 4/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, andynguyen2409 said:

Hi,

+ NVC all documents submitted on April 18, 2019 (I should submit earlier but I was so busy with work, and it also took 3 weeks to get the police report for my parents from Vietnam) 

+ NVC documents accepted: April 23, 2019 (as my calculation, just took 4 business days to get approved from NVC

what financial documents u submitted? 2015,16&17 or 2018 also?

On 4/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, andynguyen2409 said:

Hi,

hi Andy,

Would you please help me with some questions since my mother is from vietnam too. 

my PD is September 21 2018

still waiting for application approval from uscis 

would you please give me some details on what would be the next steps in the process?

what is CEAC?

What are document required by NVC?

i would like to prepare paperwork in advance to save time.

you mention the police report, what is it, and can I prepare it in advance?

Thanks in advance.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, vspink94 said:

Thank you for the information! Are you june filer also? Im still working on my parents NVC application. Will prolly send it next week. do you know how long it takes for them to approve the Immigrant Visa application?  And from approval to interview? Thank you!

hi vspink 

can you please share what is the list of document required for the NVC application, i heard that there must be a police report so how do you obtain it?,  and Affidavit of support.

are they parts of NVC application?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:42 PM, Rohitynr said:

what financial documents u submitted? 2015,16&17 or 2018 also?

Hi,

For financial documents, you have to submit the IRS tax return transcript for 2018 (must), and 2017 & 2016 (recommended, and should upload on the optional documents). To get the transcript from IRS, you have to create an account from IRS website then you just download from IRS (pdf file). I also included my last three W2 pay stubs.

Hope it helps, 

Good luck 

1 minute ago, andynguyen2409 said:

Hi,

For financial documents, you have to submit the IRS tax return transcript for 2018 (must), and 2017 & 2016 (recommended, and should upload on the optional documents). To get the transcript from IRS, you have to create an account from IRS website then you just download from IRS (pdf file). I also included my last three W2 pay stubs.

Hope it helps, 

Good luck 

2018 tax returns werenot available, so sent tax transcripts for 2017,16 &15..  

15 hours ago, henryPotter said:

hi Andy,

Would you please help me with some questions since my mother is from vietnam too. 

my PD is September 21 2018

still waiting for application approval from uscis 

would you please give me some details on what would be the next steps in the process?

what is CEAC?

What are document required by NVC?

i would like to prepare paperwork in advance to save time.

you mention the police report, what is it, and can I prepare it in advance?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My PD is June 18, 2018 - your is September 21, 2018 - it is 3 months behind my PD. Mine was approved from USCIS on Jan 31, so as my guess, yours should be approved soon - So no worries. After your case was approved by USCIS, it will be sent to NVC for visa processing. 

+ It takes couple weeks to get the email from NVC that your CEAC created, which means you can start to pay fees, upload documents, etc. 

+ When you get the email about your CEAC from NVC, you can do these things (they have very very detailed instruction, so no worries)

1. Pay fees 

2. Fill in and submit DS260

3. Collect all the required documents and upload. These documents includes:

a. Financial Documents (your IRS transcript 2018, 2017, 2016 AND your I-864 form - you have to fill in, then print out and SIGN then scan to pdf file and upload; and supporting documents like w2 pay stubs, letter from your company, etc.)

b. Civil documents from YOU and YOUR MOM 

- From YOU: birth certificate, marriage and divorce certificate,  passport, US naturalization certificate, etc.

- From your MOM: your mom birth certificate, her marriage / divorce certificate, passport, passport photos, police report, etc.

POLICE REPORT (VIETNAM): you should ask you mom NOW, go to the Department of Justice (SO TU PHAP) apply for the JUSTICE RECORD #2 (LY LICH TU PHAP TO SO 2). It is easy to apply for, but take time to get - they said it takes 10 business days, but usually 3 weeks to have them in hand. So I recommend you tell you mom do this ASAP. 

Hope it helps, 

13 minutes ago, Rohitynr said:

2018 tax returns werenot available, so sent tax transcripts for 2017,16 &15..  

It may be okie to apply without 2018 tax returns but they can question you (because now is end of April) unless you filed extension for your tax.

If you filed for 2018 already, you can easily get the transcript directly from IRS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, vspink94 said:

Got an update from NVC for my dad's case  4 civil document was rejected , its says part of the document is missing but my lawyer submitted the same file. They didnt even re-arrange the document so its not cut. Im so mad :( i feel like it will be rejected again. Any updates anyone? Thank you!  I hope all is well with you all! God bless. 

Were u able to resend the rejected documents? How long did it take for NVC to review your documents after the first submission?

Hi all,

I submitted nvc documents on 23 april, and received rfe yesterday.

They need 2-3 civil docs to be resend with right side up, and one woth more clear scan. That is not big issue though.

Rest all says accepted. BUT joint sponsor' i864 and passport copy is still 'submitted' and not 'accepted'! What could be the reason for that? Main petitioner's i864 and all are accepted though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.