JeanneSs

June 2018 filers of I-130 for Parents

123 posts in this topic

Hello! I got an update from USCIS online that my case was updated and it says request for additional evidence, 😕 any similar situations? 

PD:june29, texas service center. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I filed for parents I-130 on June 20th and it was accepted on June 22nd from Texas center.  One of my friend from Chicago has file parents I-130 on June 28 and he already received approval from Potomaz Center . I checked timeline and I found that Potomac service center is way ahead then Texas center. I am sure June applications will start receiving good news in 1 month. 

stay in touch 

Edited by Bhagi

17 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

Can u share with us what they requested from you?

I recieve the letter last friday, its kinda confusing, they're asking for proof if my surname on my birth certificate and the surname im using right now (which is  father surname) is the same person,on my birthcertificate i used my mom's maiden name. My parents were not yet married when i was born.

I will submit my RFE next week. Im so worried.i hope its enough evidence 🙏🙏🙏 

Goodluck everyone! Just hang in there! 

On 12/15/2018 at 1:22 PM, vspink94 said:

I recieve the letter last friday, its kinda confusing, they're asking for proof if my surname on my birth certificate and the surname im using right now (which is  father surname) is the same person,on my birthcertificate i used my mom's maiden name. My parents were not yet married when i was born.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 10:22 AM, vspink94 said:

--My Application has been approved!! 🙏

Priority date June 29, 2018, TSC 

Timeline

My parents priority date is June 22nd 2018. I received mail update and it says on 28th December 2018 I 130 was '' Approved '' and they have sent file to NVC and we should receive update within 30 days from NVC

How ever I do not see any change on online status. 

Edited by Bhagi

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I am a US Citizen. I applied for I-130 for my parents (consular processing) on June 1st, 2018 (i.e that's the PD). I had filed both applications together and my cases are at TSC.

I received a RFE for my father's application in late December wherein they wanted proof of parentage since my birth certificate did not have my parents last names (that was not the norm at the time I was born). I have since submitted the proof they requested and am waiting for status of my dad's application.

My mom's application, however, has had no movement since June 2018. Last NOA1 update shows June 5, 2018.  Today's date on USCIS website shows I-130 being processed at TSC are for June 1, 2018. So, I went ahead with attempting to request a status update on my case by clicking the form for case "Outside Normal Processing Time". However, upon doing do, I received the message:

""Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage."

Questions: 

1. How can I get a status update on my mom's application? Is there a number I should call instead, should I try to take an infopass appointment, or should i ask my congressman?

2. How long after submitting proof for my dad's application RFE can I expect a response?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, wisedog said:

I am a US Citizen. I applied for I-130 for my parents (consular processing) on June 1st, 2018 (i.e that's the PD). I had filed both applications together and my cases are at TSC.

I received a RFE for my father's application in late December wherein they wanted proof of parentage since my birth certificate did not have my parents last names (that was not the norm at the time I was born). I have since submitted the proof they requested and am waiting for status of my dad's application.

My mom's application, however, has had no movement since June 2018. Last NOA1 update shows June 5, 2018.  Today's date on USCIS website shows I-130 being processed at TSC are for June 1, 2018. So, I went ahead with attempting to request a status update on my case by clicking the form for case "Outside Normal Processing Time". However, upon doing do, I received the message:

""Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage."

Questions: 

1. How can I get a status update on my mom's application? Is there a number I should call instead, should I try to take an infopass appointment, or should i ask my congressman?

2. How long after submitting proof for my dad's application RFE can I expect a response?

1.) Unfortunately all you can do is wait. Even if you call USCIS they will tell you that your application is within the normal processing time. And I dont recommend contacting congressman unless its way  out of the normal process. 

2.i had RFE  for both of my parents. Both application was approved in a week when they got my RFE

On 2/6/2019 at 3:56 AM, JeanneSs said:

I received an update case was approved. Filed for both parents but just one was approved. Pd June 27. Texas service center 

Congrats! 

My application was sent to NVC on Jan. 17 and NVC recieved my application on Jan. 28 but NVC told me to wait up to 8 weeks for my case number.  🤦‍♀️

Edited by vspink94

Timeline

My parents application was received by NVC on Jan 17 and I received BMB case number for my mother but I have not for my father. I called them yesterday and after 1 hour of wait they said the same thing wait for at list 8 weeks. If you do not receive any thing by that time call us again. I paid both fees for my mothers case yesterday and now waiting game for my fathers case. Hopefully will receive soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.