alexis1

Port of Entry-JFK

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

questions will vary by officer and mood, and will be different for everybody.

Basically the process is just hand over the brown envelope that the consulate gave him after the interview, hand over his passport with completed I-94 form and when asked "purpose of your visit?" just say "I'm moving here permanently and have a K3 visa". They may or may not ask more questions. They'll take his picture and index fingerprints and stamp his passport, staple in the I-94 and send him on his merry way. Very rarely do they do a "secondary inspection" and pull you into the waiting room. It happens, but not often AFAIK.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

questions will vary by officer and mood, and will be different for everybody.

Basically the process is just hand over the brown envelope that the consulate gave him after the interview, hand over his passport with completed I-94 form and when asked "purpose of your visit?" just say "I'm moving here permanently and have a K3 visa". They may or may not ask more questions. They'll take his picture and index fingerprints and stamp his passport, staple in the I-94 and send him on his merry way. Very rarely do they do a "secondary inspection" and pull you into the waiting room. It happens, but not often AFAIK.

:yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hi isnt the I-94 a visa waiver form ? and if you have a k3 visa why would you need a visa waiver?

i may be having a blonde moment here haha even tho im not blonde lol

crash

sig1-1.gif

Crash (UK) and Cari (NYC) Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in LOVE

July 17, 2005 - HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!

I-130

8/8/05 - sent I-130 to Vermont

8/18/05 received NOA!!

9/9/05 I-130 APPROVED!!

2/13/06 CASE COMPLETE per NVC - got letter on 2/25/06

3/28/06 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR 5/2/06 @ 10:30 A.M.

Medical scheduled for 4/10/06 - everything went great!!

5/2/06 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED !!

5/20/06 - Crash came home to NY for good!!

2.png

I-751

3/24/08 sent in petition to VSC

3/25/08 FedEx confirmed-package received

3/28/08 check cleared bank

3/31/08 received NOA1-extension (dated 3/25/08)!!

4/7/08 received NOA2-biometrics appt (dated 4/3/08)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

bump :whistle:

sig1-1.gif

Crash (UK) and Cari (NYC) Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in LOVE

July 17, 2005 - HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!

I-130

8/8/05 - sent I-130 to Vermont

8/18/05 received NOA!!

9/9/05 I-130 APPROVED!!

2/13/06 CASE COMPLETE per NVC - got letter on 2/25/06

3/28/06 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR 5/2/06 @ 10:30 A.M.

Medical scheduled for 4/10/06 - everything went great!!

5/2/06 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED !!

5/20/06 - Crash came home to NY for good!!

2.png

I-751

3/24/08 sent in petition to VSC

3/25/08 FedEx confirmed-package received

3/28/08 check cleared bank

3/31/08 received NOA1-extension (dated 3/25/08)!!

4/7/08 received NOA2-biometrics appt (dated 4/3/08)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I came in through JFK nearly 3 weeks ago, the lady who was directing us non usa citizens through see that I had a big brown folder in my arm (along with the whinging teenaged boy I was also dragging along) and she directed me to a officer who was processing all people including VWP, my son moaned that our line was longer than others and the lady said it was because the bloke she had directed us too had more experince of processing visas.

Once we got to the desk he took my brown envelope and our passports and I-94's asked me to do the finger print thingy and look into the webcam type thing, he asked my when I was getting married I told him I wasnt doing that all again as we had already married the year before and that I was coming in on a K3 and not K1 he smiled and said "good" (I think it might have been a trick question or suink).

He then stamped our visas and I-94's clipped them into our passports then gave us a "Welcome to The United States" and sent us on our way.

We (my son and I) walked away thinking "is that it ", but I think it all depends on who is working the desks as to what kind of reception they give you

I hope that your husbands entry through JFK is as unmemorable as mine :)

Donna

Edited by dmd01708

Almost done with it all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.