Klwintersmith

Montreal K1 visa experience!

22 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Canadiancubicle said:

oh gosh. i didnt know about the embossed seal?? The website i went to https://www.commissionaires.ca didnt have that option. It only offered an "enhanced" check but that required a fingerprint scan. 

Oh. Mine doesn't have an embossed seal on it but it's is a sealed envelope, not to be opened by anyone but the recipient. I read the only time a beneficiary requires fingerprinting is if they have a record or they are specifically asked for it by the consulate. I got mine through a private company in Montreal that uses the Federal database (I believe it's the CDIC or something like that). Actually, on 2nd thought, I don't know if it has a seal or not as I haven't opened it. But it is a Canadian Police Certificate. They sent a copy to my email as well

Edited by J❤️J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i completed online and it said they will email me a results in 2-3 days so i guess maybe ill wait a week and see if anything comes in the mail as well. Im hoping when i get the email it will have info about hard copy originals. fingers crossed. 

On 6/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, Canadiancubicle said:

i completed online and it said they will email me a results in 2-3 days so i guess maybe ill wait a week and see if anything comes in the mail as well. Im hoping when i get the email it will have info about hard copy originals. fingers crossed. 

Make sure you order the mailed one.  The emailed one will not be enough.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im still confused about the Police certificate. The instructions say: "Applicants who are physically present in Canada should contact their local police service or Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) office regarding criminal record check procedures. Applicants may obtain a certificate of no conviction issued by any Canadian police service so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national criminal records repository was searched using the applicant's name and date of birth. Applicants should ensure that the search includes all names that they have previously used, including maiden names, prior married names, or names used before Canadian naturalization. "

The certificate i received via email for 50+ dollars notes that the national criminal records repository was searched. The instructions dont say that i need an embossed or physical certificate. Just wondering if anyone has been to the interview and had their certificate rejected? Also, when i completed the request online there was no option to have a mailed one to me. they only asked me what the purpose of the search was for and i indicated it was for a k1 visa.

Edited by Canadiancubicle

On 6/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, Canadiancubicle said:

Im still confused about the Police certificate. The instructions say: "Applicants who are physically present in Canada should contact their local police service or Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) office regarding criminal record check procedures. Applicants may obtain a certificate of no conviction issued by any Canadian police service so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national criminal records repository was searched using the applicant's name and date of birth. Applicants should ensure that the search includes all names that they have previously used, including maiden names, prior married names, or names used before Canadian naturalization. "

The certificate i received via email for 50+ dollars notes that the national criminal records repository was searched. The instructions dont say that i need an embossed or physical certificate. Just wondering if anyone has been to the interview and had their certificate rejected? Also, when i completed the request online there was no option to have a mailed one to me. they only asked me what the purpose of the search was for and i indicated it was for a k1 visa.

Do a quick search.  People have been given a 221g at interview. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.