7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had the same circumstances as me.

I applied for my AOS mid last year (2017) at the same time as my work and travel permit. This was an adjustment from the K1 fiance visa

When I applied for all 3 I received a Letter saying they had received my petition (both travel and work permit) these were just on standard plain white paper. Then I received a RFE saying they had rejected my AOS application due to sending secondary evidence of proof of birth (this was wrong as I had sent them my original BC). I didnt receieve the plain white paper copy to say they had received my petition just my RFE. When I responded to the RFE it told me i had to send the original copy of the letter they had mailed to me, so I did. 

I never received anything after that and the only reason I know they received my response to the RFE was because I checked it online and it eventually changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

I got my EAD card so that's great but I never received a letter to say they had received my AOS and were scheduling for an interview. 

My filing place is in Pgoenix which is a 14 to 22 month waiting list so this means my EAD will expire before I receive my GC or even an interview. 

I know I dont have to pay to reapply for the the EAD however I don't know what to do about the fact that they never sent me anything to say they had received mu response and it was accepted and being processed. 

Anyone else had this issue?

The only thing I have to say I applied for my AOS is the email that simply says they received mu case and this is the receipt number, and that I can check it online here. Please wait to receive your letter before checking it online. 

I'm stressing about this immigration process so much because I feel they have just caused me loads of problems, one after the other. 

Was also wondering what exactly should I be taking to an AOS interview? 

I feel like I knew exactly before my K1 even came though but with everything that has happened since getting here, I have just lost track of it all. 

I'm interested to know if you received the first NOA if you received and RFE because I cannot find one which is unusual since all my immigration stuff is in one place. 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

While sometimes no news is good news, i understand why you'd be worrying a bit. 

I don't have the specifics into what exactly you should do perhaps other than calling and trying to inquire as to the status of your AOS.

As for interview, they usually tell you what to bring; but that being said, remember not everyone get's an interview. 

Our status went from that standard "waiting to be scheduled" to "Card being produced" then 2 days later the GC arrived in the mail.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, as for interview paperwork, I have seen a lot of people take basically a lot of same info from the AOS packet and then extra stuff showing co-mingling of stuff like shared bills and insurance plans, ect.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I filed my AOS+work+travel last year (2017) in June, got my work and travel combo card in September but I am still waiting for my GC too! My status has been stuck at " waiting to be scheduled for interview " since June.

I just called USCIS today and they said the San Francisco office is still processing applications that were submitted in Jan 2017, which means I still have to wait for another 5 months. My combo card will be expired in September that means I'll have to renew it ( and I have no idea what the process is, have to work on that now).

Timeline
1 hour ago, doldolme said:

I filed my AOS+work+travel last year (2017) in June, got my work and travel combo card in September but I am still waiting for my GC too! My status has been stuck at " waiting to be scheduled for interview " since June.

I just called USCIS today and they said the San Francisco office is still processing applications that were submitted in Jan 2017, which means I still have to wait for another 5 months. My combo card will be expired in September that means I'll have to renew it ( and I have no idea what the process is, have to work on that now).

Hey Doldolme, 

Did you receive the I-979c for your I-485? 

You know the white paper that says they have received your petition and it is being processed. I received the RFE for more evidence but never received that first NOA. I called them and they said they cannot send another NOA to say they have my case pending and I cant view the status online, so I am concerned that when I try to renew the EAD they will ask for that letter but they never sent me one. Because I am unable to view it online I also am unable to send them a screenshot of my pending case and I know this is going to be a nightmare. 

I always say if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any :(

It's also interesting to know that other people's applications went from ready to schedule an interview to the card being mailed, so there is still a chance that they will skip my interview, which I still hope and pray that they do because it's just something else to stress about. 

I feel this has been a nightmare from day one of arriving here in regards to immigration, I just want one thing to go smoothly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Zoe,

Yes I did receive the I-1797c and I took it with me to get my fingerprints taken last year, did you do that?  And when you try to view your case status online, what does it say? I was able to view my status before and today when I checked it shows " we are unable to provide information, please call..." and that's why I called, I was hoping to get some good news but well...

Or have you ever received text or email notification?

I totally understand your frustration and I am not enjoying this whole visa adjustment whatever this and that process at all. But yeah lets still hope for the best.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, doldolme said:

Hi Zoe,

Yes I did receive the I-1797c and I took it with me to get my fingerprints taken last year, did you do that?  And when you try to view your case status online, what does it say? I was able to view my status before and today when I checked it shows " we are unable to provide information, please call..." and that's why I called, I was hoping to get some good news but well...

Or have you ever received text or email notification?

I totally understand your frustration and I am not enjoying this whole visa adjustment whatever this and that process at all. But yeah lets still hope for the best.

I can't remember if I took that notice with me but if the biometrics letter asked for it, I would definitely have taken it with me. I am sure i never received it though as the only things i remember receiving via mail for it was the rejection notice because my wife forgot to sign the check and the RFE

When I try to view it online through my account cases it just shows some logo and displays nothing, no error message or anything about calling. When I called and typed my receipt number in through the automated service it said it could not retrieve my case at this time, please check that you have typed the correct receipt number. 

I was able to check online for a long time and thats the reason I know they received mu RFE response because it went from saying something along the lines on they were waiting for more information to ready to schedule an interview. When I call them they seem to think that I a complaining that it is still on that status but I am aware my processing times are 14-22 months (stupid amount of time) but my real issue Is that they didn't send me an i-979c. 

They got this wrong from the start and I feel like I am having to jump through hoops to correct their mistakes. Like when they didnt take my k1 packet on entry and filled out my i94 with the incorrect name, or when they said my birth cert wasn't sufficient even though it was the original I sent them. Hell even my biometrics was a flipping dilemma because they told me when I got there after waiting that I couldn't have my tiny lip piercing in which is not mentioned anywhere beforehand, it has been in every single picture for immigration and on the day, I could not for the life of me get it out. I had to speak to a supervisor and convince them to still do it and see what got said and if it was rejected.

This probably wouldnt be so stressful had I not of gotten sick 2 months after arriving here and spending time in hospital with sepsis. 5 surgeries and I'm still not fixed. I dont work because of illness so I'm not actually bothered about having the permits but I want to keep my driving license. 

Edited by ZoeUK1989

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.