Seabird

Boston Office - Anybody else waiting for oath ceremony?

31 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bosmass said:

I also find that some get their Oath scheduled within days from their interview. Who knows what the process was...

Lawrence, MA office is definitely faster than the Boston one at the moment.

Were you approved on the spot?

Yes.

I mean "recommended for approval" on the exit sheet given out.

Location-wise, as I am in Southeast MA, so I suspect I should be assigned one of the Boston city oath location(s), and there may be delays with the facilities, construction or such.

2 minutes ago, Seabird said:

Yes.

I mean "recommended for approval" on the exit sheet given out.

Location-wise, as I am in Southeast MA, so I suspect I should be assigned one of the Boston city oath location(s), and there may be delays with the facilities, construction or such.

And your online status says you're approved?

I ask because I was told by the IO that I was approved, got the 652 saying recommended for approval, got home and the online status changed to "Approved, wait for the Oath to be scheduled blah blah blah". So just trying to compare the experiences.

Edited by bosmass

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, bosmass said:

Were you approved on the spot?

Yes I was approved on the spot.

I have used a website called trackkit to check for similar cases. Just change the USCIS distract office to Boston.

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

04-15-2013: Marriage in India
Click 'Show' to see my 'Visa Journey'

USCIS NVC to Consulate
06-20-2013: Sent I-130 packet 06-06-2014: Case left NVC
06-26-2013: I-130 NOA1 06-09-2014: Case received by Consulate

01-26-2014: I-130 Transfer to Texas Service Center Mumbai Consulate,India
02-14-2014: I-130 Approved (233 days/ 7 months 19 days since NOA1) :dancing:06-09-2014: Medical
03-04-2014: I-130 shipped to NVC 07-07-2014: Biometrics

NVC 07-08-2014: Interview
03-12-2014: NVC received case 07-13-2014: Visa in hand :energy:
04-14-2014: Case Number assigned :thumbs:07-18-2014: POE :wub:
04-14-2014: IIN Number assigned. Email addresses given
04-16-2014: DS-261 Available and submitted to NVC
ROC
04-17--2014: AOS invoice available on portal; AOS paid 04/23/2016 - Mailed I-751
04-21-2014: AOS shows "PAID" 04/27/2016 - NOA1

04-18-2014: AOS/I-864 packet express mailed to NVC 04/27/2016 - Check cashed
04-22-2014: AOS packet arrived at NVC 06/07/2016 - Biometrics
04-23-2014: IV invoice available on portal; IV invoice paid. "IN PROCESS"
04-25-2014: IV invoice shows "PAID"
04-25-2014: DS-260 submitted
04-24-2014: IV Packet express mailed to NVC
04-28-2014: IV Packet received by NVC
05-16-2014: Case Complete
:goofy:

05-28-2014: Case Complete Email
05-30-2014: Interview scheduled
:dance:

06-02-2014: IL received

7 minutes ago, ariendj said:

Yes I was approved on the spot.

I have used a website called trackkit to check for similar cases. Just change the USCIS distract office to Boston.

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

Thank you @ariendj!

Not sure why it's taking so long. It seems that sometime in April lots of applications in Boston got delayed. Reason unknown.

I thought the process was running very fast. Every part of the application process was going pretty fast for majority of applicants, but then something happened and it slowed down everything. I wouldn't mind waiting at all, its just I have a trip planned and I don't want to miss the letter/Oath date. I wish I knew the date so I can plan my life accordingly. 

Early morning thoughts:

- any other known perceived slowdowns across the country, be it "seasonal" or other?

- could perceived slowdown be a resources shortfall, delaying the oath preparation work (docs, certs, planning, etc)

The other thought is, when to actually decide to trigger an infoPass, which would be a long travel for me?

So far, too few Boston applicants on the thread to gain a better sense of what's going on.

Edited by Seabird

Another "teaser" email, today...

"USCIS has taken action on your application, petition or request and updated your account...."

Then you look up your case and... nothing shows as new!

Has been behaving  like this for a while.

I was to the point where I feared my browser kept loading a cached page, so I switched to another one , same thing.

One wonders if there is actually something new behind the curtain, but just not shown on the site..?

Do you guys also get an 'account update near-blank email two minutes after logging off the USCIS case site?

I find these confusing and annoyingly useless.

Edited by Seabird

51 minutes ago, Seabird said:

Another "teaser" email, today...

"USCIS has taken action on your application, petition or request and updated your account...."

Then you look up your case and... nothing shows as new!

Has been behaving  like this for a while.

I was to the point where I feared my browser kept loading a cached page, so I switched to another one , same thing.

One wonders if there is actually something new behind the curtain, but just not shown on the site..?

Do you guys also get an 'account update near-blank email two minutes after logging off the USCIS case site?

I find these confusing and annoyingly useless.

Have you checked the status of your application on this site? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

I just got 3 separate emails saying that there has been a recent processing action taken on my case. I checked this site and it said the Oath letter has been mailed.

When I log into my.uscis.gov there is no update. 

I know you did the paper application, but not sure if you can track it via both sites, maybe the other one will show.

OMG I am so excited!! Cant believe this is happening!! Cant wait to see the date.

24 minutes ago, bosmass said:

Have you checked the status of your application on this site? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

I just got 3 separate emails saying that there has been a recent processing action taken on my case. I checked this site and it said the Oath letter has been mailed.

When I log into my.uscis.gov there is no update. 

I know you did the paper application, but not sure if you can track it via both sites, maybe the other one will show.

EDIT: I do use the site you mention but log on using my case number, instead of a username+password.

A quick check right now and..

drumroll..   bingo; "scheduled...!"

They must have run a batch and we were in the same bale!

Good for you or the news of progress, so near the finishing line!

Edited by Seabird

11 minutes ago, Seabird said:

EDIT: I do use the site you mention but log on using my case number, instead of a username+password.

A quick check right now and..

drumroll..   bingo; "scheduled...!"

They must have run a batch and we were in the same bale!

Good for you or the news of progress, so near the finishing line!

Yaaay!! You got it too!! AWESOME NEWS!!

Even though I am super grateful about having the Oath date, I do hope its not going to fall within the 2 weeks in June I am not going to be here.

At least I'll get the letter before the trip and if needed I'll be able to reschedule the date for a later time.

YAAAY again!! :)

11 minutes ago, bosmass said:

Even though I am super grateful about having the Oath date, I do hope its not going to fall within the 2 weeks in June I am not going to be here.

At least I'll get the letter before the trip and if needed I'll be able to reschedule the date for a later time.

YAAAY again!! :)

There is a 31 May at Faneuil Hall...!??!

Then

06 June Lowell

07   --    Faneuil Hall (FH)

13   --  Springfield

14    --  FH

21    --  FH

28   --   FH

2 minutes ago, Seabird said:

There is a 31 May at Faneuil Hall...!??!

Then

06 June Lowell

07   --    Faneuil Hall (FH)

13   --  Springfield

14    --  FH

21    --  FH

28   --   FH

Correct, however there's also May 22 and 24. I know chances are slim to none, but USCIS has been known for sending the letter a week before the Oath date. We might be super super lucky getting one of those two dates. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but hope dies the last, right? haha

I see the oath letter is in the post office box this morning (via "Informed Delivery"), but the USCIS site does not show the document... yet.

It is going to take another two hours before I get a hold of it, and start planning around the oath date.

10 minutes ago, Seabird said:

I see the oath letter is in the post office box this morning (via "Informed Delivery"), but the USCIS site does not show the document... yet.

It is going to take another two hours before I get a hold of it, and start planning around the oath date.

Same here. Still no letter and nothing about it in the documents tab. Will you please share the date here once you get the letter? I'll do the same as soon as I receive it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.