Linafay

May 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

46 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, sumbunny said:

I honestly do not think this is the case as the DS-160 questions and signature confirmation are the same for EVERYONE who applies regardless of embassy. I simply think it's a standard checkbox to tick on every K1 visa DS-160 application. Even if you look through the sample they provide on travel.state.gov, it has the same page with "displays for all k1 visa applicants" above it. I don't think it has anything to do with people "waiting their turn at MTL" ... just my two cents <3

54 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

I agree. I sent my P3 twice before they asked me to and they responded to the second one with P4. No problems! 

I am allowed to have my opinions and my thoughts. I am hurting no one by airing them. 

One day it may come down to the embassy denying your entire application because you lied on it at the last stage by "checking a box" or "by sending a packet" when you were advised not to. Right now that does not occur but what does occur is the entire process gets backlogged. MTL is one of the slowest embassies. That is a fact we have all experienced at this stage. I will not contribute to that out of respect for both my fellow applicants and for those trying to do their job at the embassy. 

So disagree with me if you like but you cannot prevent me from informing others in this process how they can collectively speed it up in the future. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I am allowed to have my opinions and my thoughts. I am hurting no one by airing them. 

One day it may come down to the embassy denying your entire application because you lied on it at the last stage by "checking a box" or "by sending a packet" when you were advised not to. Right now that does not occur but what does occur is the entire process gets backlogged. MTL is one of the slowest embassies. That is a fact we have all experienced at this stage. I will not contribute to that out of respect for both my fellow applicants and for those trying to do their job at the embassy. 

So disagree with me if you like but you cannot prevent me from informing others in this process how they can collectively speed it up in the future. 

Who's preventing you from doing anything? I wasn't even talking to you. You're 100% entitled to your own opinion. I commented on something I, ME, NOT YOU...agreed with. You are extremely defensive anytime ANYONE doesn't agree with everything you say. I'm gonna say this to you and never address you again. Do what you feel is right, and I honestly wish you all the best of luck. But, from the moment I first read anything you typed, I know immediately that your energy is very yucky. 

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
42 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It hurts people if you spread misinformation by sharing your opinions as fact. I've really enjoyed rooting for you and seeing where you are in the process because our timelines are similar, but I think some of your theories (and that's what they are) are a bit far fetched and I think you need to be careful saying things like sending P3 without prompting is the reason MTL is backlogged and is disrespectful to fellow applicants, or that checking the IMBRA box is lying or MTLs way of controlling the pacing when the DS160 is not specific to Montreal.

When you say you're informing people on how they can "collectively speed up the process" you state that as fact when none of us have any idea of the inner workings in MTL and there are MANY different experiences with P3 / P4 specifically at our consulate. We're all just here trying to help each other out by sharing what has happened and worked for us along the way. What has worked for me may not work for you, but at this point, I think we all want to try whatever we can to get to the finish line.

Edited by sumbunny

2 hours ago, sumbunny said:

It hurts people if you spread misinformation by sharing your opinions as fact. I've really enjoyed rooting for you and seeing where you are in the process because our timelines are similar, but I think some of your theories (and that's what they are) are a bit far fetched and I think you need to be careful saying things like sending P3 without prompting is the reason MTL is backlogged and is disrespectful to fellow applicants, or that checking the IMBRA box is lying or MTLs way of controlling the pacing when the DS160 is not specific to Montreal.

When you say you're informing people on how they can "collectively speed up the process" you state that as fact when none of us have any idea of the inner workings in MTL and there are MANY different experiences with P3 / P4 specifically at our consulate. We're all just here trying to help each other out by sharing what has happened and worked for us along the way. What has worked for me may not work for you, but at this point, I think we all want to try whatever we can to get to the finish line.

I don't want to take this any further because it's one against the masses again but I would like to say that just because a large group of VJers have adopted the practice to do things a certain way (submitting the P3 before its required) does not make it "fact" either. By the embassy sending out emails stating not to do that clearly states to me that they at the embassy are trying to change the way we have been doing things. Although it's not our fault, because there really are no concrete instructions on what the procedure is other than to shut up and wait, we have all been forced to learn how to figure out a procedure that is not stated. 

I don't think its fair to call my thoughts misinformation though as sending the P3 in advance could also be called that. Just because we've adopted the practice doesn't make it right or the correct way of doing things. 

1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

@K1visaHopeful any update on dates available for interview at Montreal? 

Noooooppeeee, still refreeeeeesssssshing every 30 min to check. 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🤣

1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

Question. for the ds 160, do you use you wac number or NVC number? 

In Canada, the DS160 has a little note to the right of that question stating it is the receipt number you received for your petition from USCIS, therefore I believe it it the WAC#. NVC gave you the case number therefore I don't believe you would use that number.

You will find many different answers to this question including that I am wrong. You will have to decide for yourself.

6 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

Question. for the ds 160, do you use you wac number or NVC number? 

The DS160 wants the NVC#. I completed the DS160 while the papers were in transit to the NVC. I used the WAC as a placeholder, but changed it to the NVC # once the case # was assigned.

Edited by Quiata

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Quiata said:

The DS160 wants the NVC#. I completed the DS160 while the papers were in transit to the NVC. I used the WAC as a placeholder, but changed it to the NVC # once the case # was assigned.

The DS160 tooltip instructions say specifically that they want the number issued by USCIS, but I believe most people agree that either number is linked to your case and will work. We used our WAC# and have received packet 4 so it works.

16 hours ago, sumbunny said:

The DS160 tooltip instructions say specifically that they want the number issued by USCIS, but I believe most people agree that either number is linked to your case and will work. We used our WAC# and have received packet 4 so it works.

Apologies for misspeaking....thank goodness the case number is linked to the receipt #. There hasn't been a snag in the process and our interview is in a few weeks.

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

any luck today? 

Nothing today unfortunately. Still says no appointments available.

I checked every 10 mins starting about 8 am. Obsessive, I know  :D

August interviews are open! Go get em Tigers!

Facts for researchers: Every Wednesday of Aug plus Thursday the 9th. 7:30,8,8:30am. 3 interviews/day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.