Paul123

G-325a questions

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I have several questions about the g-325a. My fiancee is filling hers out and if someone from a latin american country puts a ``De´´ before their last name as many people do there, is that part of the middle name? or does she even need to put it? she has it in her passport under her given name.

what is the file number?

if she lived at her apartment since she was 3, does she really need the month she moved in?

Should student be listed under occupation? before that she worked for a few years as a trade show model and translator. she worked for way too many people to list and probably had over 50 different bosses, since trade shows last for about a week. what does she put for address of employer and for the dates? and what is the alien registration number? sorry about all the questions, im just having trouble opening the examples on this computer.

I just get a lil uptight when it threatens you by law if you make a mistake so i want to get eveyrthing right.

and for my g325a, I work seasonal and my job ends during fall and starts in the spring. Ive done this the past 2 years but its kinda like temp work since there is no guarantee you will get hired back the next year. Do i say 2 years ago was my start time or do i list the same job twice with my start dates and end dates? thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hi, I have several questions about the g-325a. My fiancee is filling hers out and if someone from a latin american country puts a ``De´´ before their last name as many people do there, is that part of the middle name? or does she even need to put it? she has it in her passport under her given name.

what is the file number?

if she lived at her apartment since she was 3, does she really need the month she moved in?

Should student be listed under occupation? before that she worked for a few years as a trade show model and translator. she worked for way too many people to list and probably had over 50 different bosses, since trade shows last for about a week. what does she put for address of employer and for the dates? and what is the alien registration number? sorry about all the questions, im just having trouble opening the examples on this computer.

I just get a lil uptight when it threatens you by law if you make a mistake so i want to get eveyrthing right.

and for my g325a, I work seasonal and my job ends during fall and starts in the spring. Ive done this the past 2 years but its kinda like temp work since there is no guarantee you will get hired back the next year. Do i say 2 years ago was my start time or do i list the same job twice with my start dates and end dates? thanks!

If the "de" name is on her passport-then yes she should put it on the form.

file ###??? not sure

she could ask someone exactly when they moved into the apartment, not sure how strict they are about exact month, but she should find out just to be safe

alien registration#........if she has ever worked here in the states she would have an A#, if not she won't get one until later on in the processing.

as for her working the trade show-maybe she should put down one main address and put that she has done that for the past few years-not sure about listing "student"

even though it is temp work-it is still work. If you started there 2 yrs ago, I would think you could use that as your start date.

I am by no means an expert here-just trying to help.

others will be along I am sure with better answers for you.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, her name on the G-325A and I-219F should be matched with her passport.

I put my Alien number on the File Number, and put "NONE" on my Fiancee's for our G-325A.

Andy

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Thanks for your help! The problem with her work is that she has worked at multiple shows all over the place, from sao paulo, to rio de janeiro. Almost every week its in a different location so its hard to specify. Ill try to find out the month she moved here, but i just dont know if its possible since it was 2 decades ago. i´ll put the De as part of her middle name, even if it looks a tad weird. any more feedback would be welcome.

I know the temp work is still work but i had to call my boss again before i started my second year and she said she would hire me again. That just gave me the impression that it was 2 seperate jobs rather than continuation.

What does the 'De' mean?? Does it appear on her birth certificate as well?

what is the file number?

??????

Have a guess at it. As long as she remembers what was put on the form IF asked a related question at interview.

Some members have put student but IMO it is asking for employment not school history. That is asked elsewhere. One is either employed or unemployed.

It sounds to me like self employment where she contracted to work for various events for various periods. If that is the case she could put the date she started this type of work and the date she last worked. Under employer I dont see that she couldnt put 'Self Employed'. I had to do similar.

'A' number is Alien registration number given to immigrants, those in the US on most working visa's, and to J-2's. If you do not have one put 'None' The beneficiary will be assigned one by USCIS during this process.

and for my g325a, I work seasonal and my job ends during fall and starts in the spring. Ive done this the past 2 years but its kinda like temp work since there is no guarantee you will get hired back the next year. Do i say 2 years ago was my start time or do i list the same job twice with my start dates and end dates?

List the same job twice with start and end dates as you were unemployed in between.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Im hesitant to putting self employed because she got many of these jobs through agencies who supply these shows with workers. She has gone through multiple agencies with overlaps. Like she wouldnt just use one agency for a while and then move to another, but they would call her randomly. Sometimes she would go weeks without works so there are gaps, and then she would work 5 weeks in a row. Is there a number you can call, like a service center to ask questions about this sort of thing? Id hate to confuse the interviewing officer about this. This is why I initially considered a lawyer. It just seems like a tricky situation, but i bet many of you have had gone through much more.

Timeline

My fiance is an actor and I put "actor" under employment history-I wasn't about to list EVERY film he was in so I put the name and address of his agent. My man wasn't "always" working-he has gone months without filming I figure the agent's address was fine.

Seems kinda similar to what you are saying-is there any address that you can put? I mean can't you just put the agencies adress?

Irishgirl, that is a good suggestion, She could list a few agencies she worked for over the past few years, but to list them all would be next to impossible. what do i do about the dates then, directly across from the agencies? many of these agencies only hired her for jobs that lasted just 3 days. I thought about putting freelance trade show model/translator. or self employed, as aussiewench recommended. Id really like to call an official or someone.

Listen to Aussie.

As far as the job stuff goes, the main thing isn't where she worked or what she did, the main thing is that all her paperwork lines up. As long as you put the same thing on her G-325A as she puts on all her paperwork, you should be fine.

What I would do: I would take the two or three agencies that she's worked the most for, maybe even the first one she ever worked for plus one more, and I'd just list them from the start date to present. Put down their address and phone number, and if USCIS needs to verify employment, they can do it through the agencies.

Example:

Jan 2004 - Present

Trade Show Talent International Co.

123 Street Suite 1

Rio

(+55) 21-1234-1234

Feb 2000- Jan 2004

Talent Scouts Brasilia LLC

456 Street Suite 2

Brasilia

(+55) 61-456-45678

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Listen to Aussie.

As far as the job stuff goes, the main thing isn't where she worked or what she did, the main thing is that all her paperwork lines up. As long as you put the same thing on her G-325A as she puts on all her paperwork, you should be fine.

What I would do: I would take the two or three agencies that she's worked the most for, maybe even the first one she ever worked for plus one more, and I'd just list them from the start date to present. Put down their address and phone number, and if USCIS needs to verify employment, they can do it through the agencies.

Example:

Jan 2004 - Present

Trade Show Talent International Co.

123 Street Suite 1

Rio

(+55) 21-1234-1234

Feb 2000- Jan 2004

Talent Scouts Brasilia LLC

456 Street Suite 2

Brasilia

(+55) 61-456-45678

good advice :thumbs:

Shouldn't be a problem with overlapping jobs.

The way people work overseas, I'm surprised they even ask for their employment info. After all, they aren't going to be working there anymore after they get approved!

(Office Space.... "Naga, Naga... Not gonna work here anymore.")

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.