Mike445

Getting ready to file I-130!

5 posts in this topic

Timeline

My USC wife and I (Canadian citizen) are getting ready to finalise and send in our I-130, I-130A, and G-1145 forms.  We have been married just over 3 weeks now!! We have been dating since August 2015, engaged since April 2017.  So far we have filled out the forms and have compiled the following documents and evidence:

-A color copy of the marriage license

-Copies of both our birth certificates, passports, and drivers licenses.

-Statements from our joint bank accounts

-Forms from work and insurance showing her as my beneficiary.

-Forms from my work health insurance showing her on my account in her maiden and married name as well as a list of dental appointments and dates she had through the insurance.

-Forms from my retirement fund showing her as my beneficiary.

-Facebook screenshots with pictures of us with dates and locations (about 10).

-Weddinig pictures showing us and some showing us and her entire family and my parents.  Others show us and the preacher and him signing the marriage license (about 5).

-Wedding invitation and Invitation for our Canadian reception 2 weeks later.

-Mail addressed to both of us at my house in Canada (will be sending photocopies of the envelopes)

Is that enough evidence?  I wasn't going to do any affidavits because I figure the pictures of the wedding say it all.  (There is a wedding picture of us with our parents on my profile page).  Should I still do affidavits from our parents saying they knew about our relationship from day 1?  We will be getting the passport photos this weekend when we go across camping.  We are just waiting for our checks to arrive from our joint account in AR so we can send the filing fee.

If I'm missing anything or should include anything else let me know.  Thank you all for your help!!  I really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, Mike445 said:

My USC wife and I (Canadian citizen) are getting ready to finalise and send in our I-130, I-130A, and G-1145 forms.  We have been married just over 3 weeks now!! We have been dating since August 2015, engaged since April 2017.  So far we have filled out the forms and have compiled the following documents and evidence:

-A color copy of the marriage license

-Copies of both our birth certificates, passports, and drivers licenses.

-Statements from our joint bank accounts

-Forms from work and insurance showing her as my beneficiary.

-Forms from my work health insurance showing her on my account in her maiden and married name as well as a list of dental appointments and dates she had through the insurance.

-Forms from my retirement fund showing her as my beneficiary.

-Facebook screenshots with pictures of us with dates and locations (about 10).

-Weddinig pictures showing us and some showing us and her entire family and my parents.  Others show us and the preacher and him signing the marriage license (about 5).

-Wedding invitation and Invitation for our Canadian reception 2 weeks later.

-Mail addressed to both of us at my house in Canada (will be sending photocopies of the envelopes)

Is that enough evidence?  I wasn't going to do any affidavits because I figure the pictures of the wedding say it all.  (There is a wedding picture of us with our parents on my profile page).  Should I still do affidavits from our parents saying they knew about our relationship from day 1?  We will be getting the passport photos this weekend when we go across camping.  We are just waiting for our checks to arrive from our joint account in AR so we can send the filing fee.

If I'm missing anything or should include anything else let me know.  Thank you all for your help!!  I really appreciate it!

You do not need both the USC and the beneficiaries birth certificates and passports at this time. You use ONE of the following to prove the petitioner is a USC: entire US passport, US birth certificate, naturalization certificate.  

If the beneficiary is not currently living in the USA they also do not need passport sized photos. 

But the rest of your evidence is fine.  More than is generally asked for from a Canadan beneficiary.  Don't bother with affidavits. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 minute ago, NikLR said:

You do not need both the USC and the beneficiaries birth certificates and passports at this time. You use ONE of the following to prove the petitioner is a USC: entire US passport, US birth certificate, naturalization certificate.  

If the beneficiary is not currently living in the USA they also do not need passport sized photos. 

But the rest of your evidence is fine.  More than is generally asked for from a Canadan beneficiary.  Don't bother with affidavits. 

Thank you!

You're welcome! Remember to relax after you send the I-130.  It will be a hard 6 months not knowing what's going on.  Keep busy. :)  Best wishes!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
Just now, NikLR said:

You're welcome! Remember to relax after you send the I-130.  It will be a hard 6 months not knowing what's going on.  Keep busy. :)  Best wishes!

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

I know! 😫 I’m dreading the waiting!   Luckily I’ll be back-and-forth across the border every weekend visiting. 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.