5 posts in this topic

Hello All

I am living in Seattle and moving to Baltimore soon after which I will be filing my AOS. I was thanking that in the interests of expediting things I do my medical exam here in Seattle before i move to Baltimore (since things will be hectic when I get to Baltimore, and i want to file asap etc.). However, I noticed that my address needs to be filled out by the doctor on the I-693. so I was curious if this will casue problems (having the I-693 in my current Seattle address but having my new Baltimore address on all the other forms). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone.

Muraari

June 29, 2007 : Erin and Muraari's Wedding in Seattle, WA (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 24, 2007: Mailed all paperwork to Chicago (Wish us luck)

Aug 31, 2007: Biometrics Appointment

Sep 1, 2007: Received NOA1 (Dated Aug 29)

Nov 25, 2007: Received notice for interview in Baltimore, MD (No touches, nothing online to date)

Jan 22, 2008: Interview in Baltimore, MD. Went well.

Jan 29, 2008: Can finally track I-130 online. Approved.

Jan 31, 2008: Email I-485 "Card production ordered"

Feb 5, 2008: Another email I-485 "Card production ordered"

Feb 7, 2008: Received I-130 approval and I-485 "Welcome to America Letter" in snail mail

Feb 7, 2008: Email I-485 "Approval notice mailed"

Feb 9, 2008: GC in hand....... (Done with USCIS for a few months) YAYY!!!!!!

Oct 22, 2009: Process starts again. Going to mail I-751 to VSC

Jan 26, 2010: Notice of Approval and Card Production for 10-year GC

Feb 3, 2010: 10-Year GC Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That wont be a problem since you will be listing your prior address on the G-325A.

Don't forget to file an AR-11 when you move, you are required by law to notify USCIS within 10 any time you move, and later after AOS, your sponsor needs to file I-865

AR-11

Electronic AR-11 https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Hello All

I am living in Seattle and moving to Baltimore soon after which I will be filing my AOS. I was thanking that in the interests of expediting things I do my medical exam here in Seattle before i move to Baltimore (since things will be hectic when I get to Baltimore, and i want to file asap etc.). However, I noticed that my address needs to be filled out by the doctor on the I-693. so I was curious if this will casue problems (having the I-693 in my current Seattle address but having my new Baltimore address on all the other forms). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone.

Muraari

Hi Muraari,

I wanted to touch base and let you know that my husband just had his medical done last week here in Maryland (we're in the Howard County area), but I called the 15 places on the civil surgeon list and not ONE would transfer the information from DS2053 to the 693, he ***had*** to do a medical all over again, which is such a complete waste of time and money since he had everything done in Jamaica. The cost was $207.00 and that was one of the cheaper ones. You may want to check around and see what the difference out there would be compared to here.

Just a thought....

Kelly

Thanks Yu and Dan. I appreciate your respone.

That wont be a problem since you will be listing your prior address on the G-325A.

Don't forget to file an AR-11 when you move, you are required by law to notify USCIS within 10 any time you move, and later after AOS, your sponsor needs to file I-865

AR-11

Electronic AR-11 https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

June 29, 2007 : Erin and Muraari's Wedding in Seattle, WA (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Nov 25, 2007: Received notice for interview in Baltimore, MD (No touches, nothing online to date)

Feb 7, 2008: Received I-130 approval and I-485 "Welcome to America Letter" in snail mail

Hi Kelly

Thanks for the response. I have pretty much come to expect that everything in Baltimore is going to be met with difficulty, rudeness, and general nastiness. I mean I read the forums on VJ about all the people who are harassed when they try to open bank accounts or get driving licenses etc. and are told various idiotic and sometimes downright false responses (needing an SSN, Patriot Act, examinging immigration documents before issuing a driving license etc.). I remember when I moved to Seattle a year ago I encountered none of this unpleasantness. No-one including banks, or the department of licensing asked to see my SSN or immigration documents or anything along those lines (though the bank did tell me I should give them my SSN when I got one, but they didnt delay opening the account or anything). Plus I saw first hand for myself when I was out in baltimroe in february just how nasty a place it is, and more importantly how awful the people can be.

Anyway I really wish I didnt have to move from Seattle to a place like Baltimore, but alas........ All the more reason I will try to do things like the medical exam here and not in Baltimore. Also the reason we want to get married in Seattle and not in Baltimore..............

Anyway sorry about venting..... Tahnks for the info though, I appreciate it

Muraari

Hello All

Muraari

Hi Muraari,

I wanted to touch base and let you know that my husband just had his medical done last week here in Maryland (we're in the Howard County area), but I called the 15 places on the civil surgeon list and not ONE would transfer the information from DS2053 to the 693, he ***had*** to do a medical all over again, which is such a complete waste of time and money since he had everything done in Jamaica. The cost was $207.00 and that was one of the cheaper ones. You may want to check around and see what the difference out there would be compared to here.

Just a thought....

Kelly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.