gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I emailed our AO this morning to inquire about Wes' case. He usually responds within an hour or two but I've got nothing so far. Maybe he's sick of me inquiring.

Oh well....it's been 606 days since our visajourney began....411 days since we filed the AOS....and 288 days since our interview.

Edited by rebeccajo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Rebeccajo! Im just curious, what is AO? and how can I inquire about our case? 1800 is no help at all. Thanks

I emailed our AO this morning to inquire about Wes' case. He usually responds within an hour or two but I've got nothing so far. Maybe he's sick of me inquiring.

Oh well....it's been 606 days since our visajourney began....411 days since we filed the AOS....and 288 days since our interview.

AO = Adjudicating Officer. The person who interviewed you. Our AO gave us an email address with which to contact his office. Doesn't happen very often from what I have gathered.

I would suggest you schedule an Infopass appointment.

How long have you been waiting? I don't see timeline information for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
any more updates? i feel like only a few of us are participating in this thread anymore. can i ask if people are content with the statement "approved pending namecheck"?

We have no more updates as yet, and are going on vacation so will be unable to post for a week. Sorry :(

The lack of replies may just be because USCIS are on holiday too...

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Thanks for your quick reply. About two weeks ago we called the 1800 but they said to just wait. We had our interview Sept. 7, 2006

[/font]

AO = Adjudicating Officer. The person who interviewed you. Our AO gave us an email address with which to contact his office. Doesn't happen very often from what I have gathered.

I would suggest you schedule an Infopass appointment.

How long have you been waiting? I don't see timeline information for you.

Edited by Traditions Way

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
any more updates? i feel like only a few of us are participating in this thread anymore. can i ask if people are content with the statement "approved pending namecheck"?

I think there are a few of us still here, probably not going to be much to report 'till next year and maybe not even that soon.

Happy Holidays namecheck stickers!

EAD

05/19/06 Filed Forms

05/21/06 Received At Chicago Lockbox

05/26/06 Notice Of Action

06/05/06 Touched

06/13/06 Touched

06/21/06 Biographic Appointment

06/24/06 Touched

08/01/06 Approved

08/05/06 Received Card

AOS

05/19/06 Filed Forms

06/05/06 Touched

06/24/06 Touched

08/09/06 Touched

08/28/06 Interview Pending Name Check

10/05/06 Touched

10/09/06 Touched

02/20/07 Touched

02/27/07 Received Approval Email

03/02/07 Received Approval Letter

03/03/07 Received Welcome Notice

03/05/07 Received Card Production Email

03/08/07 Received Card

I don't even have that much to go on! No one ever told us we were "approved." I have a photocopied checklist with "an additional review of your case is required before a determination can be made as to your eligibility"

Our whole lives reduced to a tick in a box and no one can tell us anything. The only true thing we know is "waiting for FBI name check"

90day.jpg

We are waiting also...although we only had our interview day...but we are on the waiting list also

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

We are waiting also...although we only had our interview day...but we are on the waiting list also

Santa.....All we want for Christmas is one little green card!!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice holiday....its been now 14 monthssince we were approved pending FBI namecheck. Hopefully when 2007 rolls around we'll all be closer to getting final approval .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
a great link posted in another thread:

http://www.dhs.gov/xoig/assets/mgmtrpts/OIG_05-41_Sep05.pdf

page 12 of 56, among others.

They're doing so well already, who can imagine the dynamic efficiency that will come about when they upgrade to some Commodore 64's and get a couple of floppy disk drives in that place.

Freakin noodle heads!

EAD

05/19/06 Filed Forms

06/05/06 Touched

06/13/06 Touched

06/24/06 Touched

08/01/06 Approved

08/05/06 Received Card

AOS

05/19/06 Filed Forms

06/05/06 Touched

06/24/06 Touched

08/09/06 Touched

08/28/06 Interview Pending Name Check

10/05/06 Touched

10/09/06 Touched

02/20/07 Touched

02/27/07 Received Approval Email

03/02/07 Received Approval Letter

03/03/07 Received Welcome Notice

03/05/07 Received Card Production Email

03/08/07 Received Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi,

for all those "approved pending checks" - did you receive a white paper at the end of the review explaining security checks are still pending and if you don't hear in 90 days you can email them to inquire? The letter also states "we will monitor the status of your case on a weekly basis and immediately notify you when the security checks are completed and an appt can be scheduled regarding your pending application." Does this mean we'll have to interview again? I could of sworn our AO said that we'll just be notified by mail when it's approved... I should have read this more carefully at the end of the interview last week and clarified with the AO.... :huh:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Laura, that's an excellent link. What thread did you find it in? I'd like to see the rest of the discussion.

Omid, no we didn't get such a letter at our interview. Our AO did give us an e-mail address though. I believe I read of someone else getting a similar letter to yours. I think these things may be different office to office.

Hi,

for all those "approved pending checks" - did you receive a white paper at the end of the review explaining security checks are still pending and if you don't hear in 90 days you can email them to inquire? The letter also states "we will monitor the status of your case on a weekly basis and immediately notify you when the security checks are completed and an appt can be scheduled regarding your pending application." Does this mean we'll have to interview again? I could of sworn our AO said that we'll just be notified by mail when it's approved... I should have read this more carefully at the end of the interview last week and clarified with the AO.... :huh:

We didnt get a paper,but we were told that our case will be monitored on a weekly basis and that when the checks are complete we can move forward...whatever that means...since he said that we were approved pending fbi checks. My sons security checks are complete and they are fine its just mine holding it up.He didnt mention another interview just that we will be notified when it is completed. I havent read anywhere of anybody having another interview but maybe somebody else will know that part for sure.

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.