Lorna&Alex

POE in dublin airport

33 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Elliott & Nickey said:

Quick question, is the I-94 the little blue form that you normally fill in when going to the states?

The I-94 is filed electronically in the system. It's no longer a form. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

That site is where you will see the officer log it in your record, and also where you'll print it off when filing for AOS.

It's not the customs form either.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

The I-94 is filed electronically in the system. It's no longer a form. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

That site is where you will see the officer log it in your record, and also where you'll print it off when filing for AOS.

It's not the customs form either.

Oh I see, that makes it a lot easier. Thanks for your help.

Timeline
On 13/04/2018 at 11:48 AM, Lorna&Alex said:

Hey :)

So I was approved at my interview last week and I finally just booked my flight out to the US for June 13th woohoo :) it is a one-way flight so that's pretty scary!! 
I was looking at one-way flights for June and they were all just sooo expensive!! I finally found a flight with Aer Lingus for a decent price but the layover is in Dublin, and the US have their immigration clearance at the Dublin airport....which means I'm gonna have to do POE at Dublin... :/ I've done the US immigration clearance before in Dublin and it was absolutely fine but that was just on an Esta.  I have a 4 hour layover so I'm not worried about time but I am nervous about doing POE with my K1 when I'm not even in the US yet... Does anyone have any experiences with POE at Dublin airport?? Please let me know

Wow!!! Congrats on K1!! 

Was wandering as you said that you have done pre-clearance in Dublin...did you do this during your pending K1? I’ve a trip booked end of May and wandering what pre-clearance is like? I know people say you can visit during the pending K1 but wandering what your experience was like? Jon 🍀

Timeline
On 13/04/2018 at 8:45 PM, LND2017 said:

I had my pre-clearance in Dublin airport yesterday, absolutely straightforward and easy:-) But I do not need an I94, not sure about this.

was this pre-clearance on your K1 visa? or just a regular trip out there?

Timeline
On 14/04/2018 at 9:04 PM, jakejon said:

Wow!!! Congrats on K1!! 

Was wandering as you said that you have done pre-clearance in Dublin...did you do this during your pending K1? I’ve a trip booked end of May and wandering what pre-clearance is like? I know people say you can visit during the pending K1 but wandering what your experience was like? Jon 🍀

yes it was while my K1 was pending I did pre-clearance at dublin, it was absolutely fine!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

yes it was while my K1 was pending I did pre-clearance at dublin, it was absolutely fine!

Oh that’s great! Was just wandering if they were going to ask loads of questions regarding it. 

Thanks ☺️

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Oh that’s great! Was just wandering if they were going to ask loads of questions regarding it. 

Thanks ☺️

Oh and just one last question - did your K1 even come up in the conversation as I was debating whether I should say I’m going to stay with my fiancé...I’m just so nervous as it’ll be my first time in the US since filing

1 hour ago, jakejon said:

Oh and just one last question - did your K1 even come up in the conversation as I was debating whether I should say I’m going to stay with my fiancé...I’m just so nervous as it’ll be my first time in the US since filing

Please don't hijack another members thread.

Always tell the truth when talking to the CBP. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Please don't hijack another members thread.

Always tell the truth when talking to the CBP. 

Hi there, 

I never meant to cause any offence. I thought I’d ask as the creator of this thread has been so lovely and supportive and has first hand experience I seen from Dublin. 

In in regards to telling the truth, I always do and have my NOA1 available so have nothing to hide. I’m actually proud to be proving that we are following the legal route and have evidence to show this amongst other things. 

Thanks, 

Jon 🍀

Timeline
1 hour ago, jakejon said:

If they ask who you're visiting, be honest and tell them you're going to see your fiance. Always tell the truth but don't give any more information than required

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lorna&Alex said:

If they ask who you're visiting, be honest and tell them you're going to see your fiance. Always tell the truth but don't give any more information than required

Thanks so much for all your support. You’ve been so wonderful in all your advice and support! 

Jon 

23 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

was this pre-clearance on your K1 visa? or just a regular trip out there?

It was for my employment-based immigration visa.

Timeline
2 hours ago, LND2017 said:

It was for my employment-based immigration visa.

very cool :)I'm assuming you maybe flew from England to Dublin and then Dublin to the US? if so, did you collect your bags in Dublin airport and then re-check them in after preclearance in Dublin? or did your bags just go all the way through from England to the US? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.