sunnyinca

10 Year Green Card Has Wrong Date

41 posts in this topic

I have the same issue. I called USCIS and the guy told me it's a correct day since this is the day I became Lawful Permanent Resident.  He said the other card I had was conditional and it is technically a different status. he said there will be no problem traveling or applying for citizenship since in they can see in their system that I also had a conditional residency for 2 years. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hlopster said:

I have the same issue. I called USCIS and the guy told me it's a correct day since this is the day I became Lawful Permanent Resident.  He said the other card I had was conditional and it is technically a different status. he said there will be no problem traveling or applying for citizenship since in they can see in their system that I also had a conditional residency for 2 years. 

thats wrong what the guy on the phone told you I had the same issue and they told me to file I-90 and I did. They denied my I-90 and I called them spoke with a Tier 2 supervisor who basically told me they would fix the issue as its their mistake. so do a typographical error service request and see what your service center saying. its been happening to alot of persons lately so im sure by now they are aware of the issue however the supervisor did tell me the tier 1 officer can't help me neither can the tier 2 it has to be a tier 2 supervisor. Also if they tell you to file the I-90 make sure to do it by mail and also mail the green card with the error and a copy of your approval notice.

4 minutes ago, nywestq said:

thats wrong what the guy on the phone told you I had the same issue and they told me to file I-90 and I did. They denied my I-90 and I called them spoke with a Tier 2 supervisor who basically told me they would fix the issue as its their mistake. so do a typographical error service request and see what your service center saying. its been happening to alot of persons lately so im sure by now they are aware of the issue however the supervisor did tell me the tier 1 officer can't help me neither can the tier 2 it has to be a tier 2 supervisor. Also if they tell you to file the I-90 make sure to do it by mail and also mail the green card with the error and a copy of your approval notice.

That's interesting...Thanks! I'll file I-90. Why did they deny your I-90?

I'm traveling next week, so I can only see what is going to happen. I wouldn't mail them my green card anyways, at least the original...I will have no document in hand.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hlopster said:

That's interesting...Thanks! I'll file I-90. Why did they deny your I-90?

I'm traveling next week, so I can only see what is going to happen. I wouldn't mail them my green card anyways, at least the original...I will have no document in hand.

you have to mail them the green card that has the error. what you should do is photocopy it and keep in your file before sending them. I got denied because I didn't send the Original Green card with the error and when they check the system they could not see where I was approved for my 10 year. This is why they recommend persons mail in the green card with the error, the application, approval notice and a letter explaining the error and evidence to support it as this will confirm to them your status and also they can speed things up. They have been having alot of IT issues lately so some system showing different stuff like the new system is showing the case still pending for persons who have been approved already. Also don't forget its USCIS error so after filing and receiving a receipt number you have all right to file an expedite and they should respond in 15 days once all is well your card should be mailed after the 15 days.

21 minutes ago, nywestq said:

you have to mail them the green card that has the error. what you should do is photocopy it and keep in your file before sending them. I got denied because I didn't send the Original Green card with the error and when they check the system they could not see where I was approved for my 10 year. This is why they recommend persons mail in the green card with the error, the application, approval notice and a letter explaining the error and evidence to support it as this will confirm to them your status and also they can speed things up. They have been having alot of IT issues lately so some system showing different stuff like the new system is showing the case still pending for persons who have been approved already. Also don't forget its USCIS error so after filing and receiving a receipt number you have all right to file an expedite and they should respond in 15 days once all is well your card should be mailed after the 15 days.

Thank you for clarifying!

After more than a year of waiting, I really hoped the "pain" was over....turns out USCIS always finds the way:)))

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fanguy said:

How should I file expedite since it’s their fault?

thanks

When you've received the receipt number call them up and tell them you want to make an expedite request for USCIS ERROR. they might send you a mail asking for proof its their error just submit the proof like you did for the application with the letter explaining the error and they should approve as it is their error. 

Edited by nywestq

• 2 weeks later...
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services <uscis@public.govdelivery.com>

May 14 at 2:06 PM

On May 14, 2018, USCIS will begin recalling approximately 8,543 Permanent Resident Cards (also known as Green Cards) due to a production error. The Green Cards were for approved Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence for spouses of U.S. citizens. The cards were printed with an incorrect “Resident Since” date and mailed between February and April 2018.

USCIS will send notices to individuals who received the incorrect Green Cards and to their attorneys of record, if they have one. The affected individuals should return their incorrect Green Card to USCIS in the provided pre-paid envelope within 20 days of receiving the notice. They may also return their cards to USCIS field offices. USCIS will send replacement Green Cards within 15 days of receiving the incorrect card.

The recall does not affect these Green Card holders’ status as lawful permanent residents. If affected individuals need to travel internationally or prove their lawful permanent residence while they wait for a replacement card, they may contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 to determine if they need additional proof.

Spouses of U.S. citizens may apply for naturalization after three years of permanent residency and must meet other requirements. The incorrect date on these cards could lead applicants to wait longer than necessary to apply to become U.S. citizens.

For more information, visit our website

Edited by gc@gc

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 2:01 PM, Ketsuban said:

They've done this to the most recent batch of green cards to come out of there. The decent thing for them to do would be to re-issue them all without us having to file the I-90, but I figure they may not. I filed that form and also the service request. I'm hoping they'll notice the sudden uptick in errors and rectify the situation.

This happened to me recently where the "residence since" date was incorrect on my 10 year green card. I filed an erequest and I was emailed with instructions to return the card with a letter explaining the error. Three weeks later and my new card is being produced, hopefully I'll receive it within a week. Before you file an l90 which could take up to a year, do an erequest if the incorrect information is due to USCIS error. I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.