1,040 posts in this topic

Received an email at 5am that they have taking action on my case. When I checked, it says they have scheduled my interview. The interview notice is not up yet so I’m waiting for it to upload. I guess it’s time to study for the exam. 

3 hours ago, dassy004 said:

Received an email at 5am that they have taking action on my case. When I checked, it says they have scheduled my interview. The interview notice is not up yet so I’m waiting for it to upload. I guess it’s time to study for the exam. 

@dassy004 Oh wow, are you a Chicago online applicant ? That's crazy fast ! Do you know when your interview is ? Also, are you an I-751 applicant ?

I filled online and live in illinois so am guessing my field office to be Chicago. The notice has not been uploaded so there’s no way to tell the interview date. I filled based on 3yrs rule

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, dassy004 said:

I filled online and live in illinois so am guessing my field office to be Chicago. The notice has not been uploaded so there’s no way to tell the interview date. I filled based on 3yrs rule

That's awesome! I filed online and figure I'll be waiting well into next year before my interview.

"Let your legs carry your body and your heart carry your dreams."

June 19th, 2006 - I129-F sent via Fedex (courtesy of my Honey's work) to arrive using next day delivery

Mid- July - Found out I129-F never left his company but is lost there.....need to gather and try again

August 2006 - Still waiting...maybe not the I-129F route anymore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/19/2018 at 1:16 PM, rla__ said:

So nice to see people getting their interview notifications!

I got another email saying We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time.

Hope to hear some good news for the rest of us soon! 

Those emails are annoying aren't they but I still don't turn them off lol 

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cincyman said:

Hello everyone, my wife and I went today to our interviews, I-751 & N-400. Both of them were good and smooth. 

They interviewed us together in the first for our pending ROC case. It was very fast and easy, and the officer ask us general questions. Like when you meet for the first time? How long have you been married? And something like these easy questions. 

After that he asked her to go out from the office and waiting for me in the waiting room. He went with her and came back to the office. 

He Interviewed me for my N-400. Started with the reading and writing test, then the civic and history test, and checked with me on my file. The interview was fine and easy, I did everything very well.

The results is: "form N-652"

I passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test. 

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

He told me that I passed and he asked me to signed on the application + signed on the paper that I'am welling to do my full oath. But he cannot make a decision right now because my I-751 is still pending. He told me that they will check and notice me when they approve it or if they need anything else. He thought my file is good and they will approve it without more requests. 

That what is happened to us today, and everything was good. 

Good luck for everyone, I will keep you updated when I get any news or update. 

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Looking forward to your oath ceremony, best wishes. 

5 hours ago, Cincyman said:

Hello everyone, my wife and I went today to our interviews, I-751 & N-400. Both of them were good and smooth. 

They interviewed us together in the first for our pending ROC case. It was very fast and easy, and the officer ask us general questions. Like when you meet for the first time? How long have you been married? And something like these easy questions. 

After that he asked her to go out from the office and waiting for me in the waiting room. He went with her and came back to the office. 

He Interviewed me for my N-400. Started with the reading and writing test, then the civic and history test, and checked with me on my file. The interview was fine and easy, I did everything very well.

The results is: "form N-652"

I passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test. 

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

He told me that I passed and he asked me to signed on the application + signed on the paper that I'am welling to do my full oath. But he cannot make a decision right now because my I-751 is still pending. He told me that they will check and notice me when they approve it or if they need anything else. He thought my file is good and they will approve it without more requests. 

That what is happened to us today, and everything was good. 

Good luck for everyone, I will keep you updated when I get any news or update. 

Congrats. Wish you the best & hope you get the oat ceremony letter soonest. 

6 hours ago, aaakortee said:

Just checked my case status tonight and it says my interview has been scheduled! Just waiting for the interview notice to get uploaded!!

Congrats 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:36 AM, florist said:

Hi Dalida, 

I am in a similar situation except we didn't receive any RFE. The local office received my case on March 2018 and now I have gotten an interview notice only for I751 in July. I applied for N400 on April 2018. It is disappointing that they are bringing us in only for I751 interview, we sent a lot of documents and I don't even know what they are going to ask us about... We have been married for four years.

Hi Florist

Which field office is your application processed by? I had an interview for I-751 last week. The interview was about 45 min and it took that long because the IO spent a lot of time telling us about citizenship, name change rules (as I applied for that with my N400) and asked about a product my husbands company works on! I was really scared at the start because I thought I had something missing and was waiting for bad news. I didn’t even answer some questions properly and forgot to take some documents. But the IO did not seem bothered by this and later apologetically informed us that all applicants are being called for interviews now (it seems its a new rule so you might be in the same situation as me). This was in San Francisco. So, probably you need not worry if all your paperwork is in order.

My N400 Interview experience at Pittsburgh, PA.

Interview was scheduled at 11:15 AM.  Arrived there at about 10:40.
The wait was quite long - about an hour.  I brought along with me the original documents that were
stated in the letter and original copies of all documents that I submitted. 

Before she began the interview, she placed me under oath. She then told me that she was very
happy that I didn't need a name change cos I already had it done. Then she asked me to hand her my passport and greencard.
Next was the reading test,

then the writing test, and finally the civic test.  Passed all that.  She then reviewed my N400 application.  She informed me that
she is going to change my eligibility from '3 years and married to US citizen to ' have been living in the US for 5 years' as I have been in the country for more than 5. 

She said it will make the process easier.   She also changed my employment from 'unemployed' to 'full-time homemaker' cos she thinks it's a full-time job.  She asked about

my son and my husband then went over the 50 YES/NO questions on the form.  She then made me sign that I agree with the changes that she made and told me that I passed.
I then asked her if I could have my oath ceremony scheduled for August as my husband could no longer take off work.  She posted a note on my application and even wrote where to schedule my ceremony to make the 2-hour travel easier.  She was very accommodating and nice.  My interview took about 15 minutes.

I applied online and I would advise others to do the same. It guides you on what documents to submit as evidence.   She didn't ask me to bring out any documents that I

brought with me (except for the passport and permanent resident card), but I would advise bringing all original copies of the documents that you submitted and even those that you didn't submit that you think would help with your application -- just in case.  Never hurts to be prepared.  Hope this helps. 
Good luck everyone!

And oh, I wore a business casual attire on the interview. Some of the applicants wore shorts and jeans, but I think it's better to look presentable.  No need to wear a blazer.

Edited by 88abc1234

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.