AA100

I-130, I-485, I-864

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I have few questions relating to I-130, I-485 and I-864. Questions are as follows:

1) I-130 Page 5 Beneficiaries Physical Address - The beneficiaries physical address should be where the beneficiary is currently residing i.e. US address?

2) I-485 Page 2 Question 23.c. Status on Form I-94 (for example Class of Admission or paroled etc) It says on I-94 that the status is B2 but the form won’t let me enter B2 but allows me to put ‘class of admission’. Is that ok?

3) I-485 Page 4 Section 3 Part 14 My parents have visited me on a tourist visa four times in the past few years and stayed with me for about 5 months each time. Do I need to mention the physical address for all those periods while they were on a visit to the USA or just the current physical address(USA Address) and the physical address abroad where they actually lived for many years

4) I-485 Page 6 Section 4 Part 1.a. Date of Birth of Parents’ Parents (My Grand Parents) is unknown since there were no records at that time. We are talking about early 1920s or 1930s. And my parents don’t have their birth certificates because of the same reason that people didn’t keep records at that time in third world countries I am leaving it blank. Is that ok?

5) I-864 Page 5 24.a. 24.b. 24.c. I am the only principal sponsor, but filed tax returns jointly. Is it ok to send Tax returns? It shows combined income of me and my wife (My wife is not the sponsor, I am the only sponsor).  Should I mention only my salary or combined salary as on W-2 in section 24.a. 24.b. 24.c?

6) Parents proof of Marriage- Marriage certificate is unavailable. They got married in 1970s and its hard to find records of any sort from that period. Only proof I have for their marriage is Family Registration Certificate. It shows the family tree along with date of birth and relationships within the family tree (Husband, Wife, Father, Mother etc) Is that enough to show they are married and that I am their child. Its government issued document.  Will that work?

Thanks all in advance

Who is the beneficiary? Congrats on becoming a USC today. What timing..

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

13 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Who is the beneficiary? Congrats on becoming a USC today. What timing..

Thanks a lot :). My Parents.

Edited by AA100

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, AA100 said:

Hi All, 

I have few questions relating to I-130, I-485 and I-864. Questions are as follows:

1) I-130 Page 5 Beneficiaries Physical Address - The beneficiaries physical address should be where the beneficiary is currently residing i.e. US address?

2) I-485 Page 2 Question 23.c. Status on Form I-94 (for example Class of Admission or paroled etc) It says on I-94 that the status is B2 but the form won’t let me enter B2 but allows me to put ‘class of admission’. Is that ok?

3) I-485 Page 4 Section 3 Part 14 My parents have visited me on a tourist visa four times in the past few years and stayed with me for about 5 months each time. Do I need to mention the physical address for all those periods while they were on a visit to the USA or just the current physical address(USA Address) and the physical address abroad where they actually lived for many years

4) I-485 Page 6 Section 4 Part 1.a. Date of Birth of Parents’ Parents (My Grand Parents) is unknown since there were no records at that time. We are talking about early 1920s or 1930s. And my parents don’t have their birth certificates because of the same reason that people didn’t keep records at that time in third world countries I am leaving it blank. Is that ok?

5) I-864 Page 5 24.a. 24.b. 24.c. I am the only principal sponsor, but filed tax returns jointly. Is it ok to send Tax returns? It shows combined income of me and my wife (My wife is not the sponsor, I am the only sponsor).  Should I mention only my salary or combined salary as on W-2 in section 24.a. 24.b. 24.c?

6) Parents proof of Marriage- Marriage certificate is unavailable. They got married in 1970s and its hard to find records of any sort from that period. Only proof I have for their marriage is Family Registration Certificate. It shows the family tree along with date of birth and relationships within the family tree (Husband, Wife, Father, Mother etc) Is that enough to show they are married and that I am their child. Its government issued document.  Will that work?

Thanks all in advance

1.  Yes, if they are currently living with you in the US (which they must be if you're filing concurrently) then you list the address where they currently reside.

2.  They have been admitted as a B2/Visitor.  Will it let you say visitor?  Or admitted?  Just make sure you include a copy of the I-94.

3.  I would just list the overseas address where they officially lived.  They were just visiting you.  They can always mention their visits at the interview.

4.  I would just put UNK.

5.  Yes, send your joint taxes.  They prefer transcripts. If your salary meets the requirements, you can just list your income on the 864.

6.  It just depends on the country.  Is that document valid proof of marriage in the related country?  If so then it will be fine.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

4 hours ago, samiam5211 said:

1.  Yes, if they are currently living with you in the US (which they must be if you're filing concurrently) then you list the address where they currently reside.

2.  They have been admitted as a B2/Visitor.  Will it let you say visitor?  Or admitted?  Just make sure you include a copy of the I-94.

3.  I would just list the overseas address where they officially lived.  They were just visiting you.  They can always mention their visits at the interview.

4.  I would just put UNK.

5.  Yes, send your joint taxes.  They prefer transcripts. If your salary meets the requirements, you can just list your income on the 864.

6.  It just depends on the country.  Is that document valid proof of marriage in the related country?  If so then it will be fine.

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to respond to my questions

2.  They have been admitted as a B2/Visitor.  Will it let you say visitor?  Or admitted?  Just make sure you include a copy of the I-94. I just entered visitor and it worked.

4.  I would just put UNK. It won't allow me to put UNK. I just left it blank.I hope that should be fine.

6.  It just depends on the country.  Is that document valid proof of marriage in the related country?  It is a valid proof of marriage but I just have a photocopy. I hope that should work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.