Kimbra&Colin

April Filing NOA1 Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm new to VJ and I need some advice. I searched and searched all the threads to see if I could find an answer to my question before posting here. Please don't flame me if this is an obvious question!

I filed our 129F petition with the NSC (which I discovered after reading here will be forwarded to the CSC). It was received on April 18 at the NSC and I have not been mailed the NOA1 yet. In addition, my check has not been cashed. My question is this: Is there a way the NSC/CSC gives notice of the NOA1 through email? After reading several posts, it appears that some people who filed during the same time as me to the NSC got a very quick response and have received their NOA1 hard copy already. It also seems like some members knew their NOA1 was mailed before they received the hard copy in the mail. How is that? Is there a number to call or website to check that I don't know about? I'm probably totally confused, so I need some veterans here to help!

I realize this is just the start of the lengthy process, but reading other people's speedy timelines has me a bit worried already!

Filed I-129F application: April 13, 2007

I-129F application received: April 18, 2007

Welcome to VJ - You'll get your notice soon (and check cashed) I would imagine - it takes a bit sometimes so be patient and you can't always compare exactly to others. :thumbs:

Couple of answers -

1) Yes California Service Center will mail you a hard copy of having received your petition - NOA1 (and NOA2 when it comes to that). You won't get an email for NOA1 however.

2) Yes there is a web site you can check the status of your petition on. You'll need your case number to do so however - You will be able to get your case number two ways. From the back of your canceled check (three letters followed by 9 numbers) if you can view your checks on-line or get a copy from your bank (this is likely how people know they got their NOA1 before getting it in the mail). Or from the actual NOA1 (I-797 Notice of Action).

The web site requires your case number to register. Once you have your case number, register here: Register Here Once you register, you can sign up for email updates - which you won't get many, but when they do come, there good to get (You'll get an email if you get an RFE, or more importantly, when your case is approved.)

Hope this makes sense and helps... =)

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, it makes sense. Thank you so much for your help! I guess I'll just try to be patient (a VERY hard thing for me to do). I have a feeling that this whole agonizing process is going to teach me some kind of lesson that I don't really want!

Yes, it makes sense. Thank you so much for your help! I guess I'll just try to be patient (a VERY hard thing for me to do). I have a feeling that this whole agonizing process is going to teach me some kind of lesson that I don't really want!

lol...well we don't have much choice in the patience department :crying: - you just learn to pace yourself differently so it doesn't feel so agonizing - like thinking in terms of weeks rather than days...that's the most difficult.

But in the mean time - you read, and learn about the process and you also learn you're not alone - others are ahead of you, along with you, and will follow behind you.. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't know much about I-129F, but a word of caution. The Numbers written on the back of the check don't always match up with what you get as NOA number in your letter. It happened to me, when my case numbers for my AOS on the back of my checks were different than the numbers in the NOA.

05/06/09 - Mailed I-751

05/15/09 - Check cashed by VSC

05/18/09 - Received I-751 Receipt Notice

05/30/09 - Received Biometric appointment for 06/08 (dated 05/22)

06/08/09 - Completed biometrics. Still unable to access case status online. Now the real wait begins!

06/09/09 - Finally case status showed up online!. Touched today

09/21/09 - Approved (Letter from USCIS Vermont, dated 09/16/09)

09/23/09 - Card production ordered

09/30/09 - Card received!. USCIS done until citizenship!

05/21/10 - Mailed N-400

05/24/10 - N-400 received at Dallas, TX Lockbox

06/01/10 - Check cashed

06/04/10 - Received N-400 receipt notice (NOA dated 05/27)

06/29/10 - Placed service request for not receiving biometrics. Transferred to immigration officer, who confirmed that the Biometrics

letter has been generated and I would be receiving it shortly.

07/01/10 - Email and SMS case update stating that the Biometrics letter has been sent on June 29'th 2010.

07/06/10 - Received Biometric appointment for 07/23 (dated 06/30)- DONE

08/02/10 - Received yellow letter reminding me to bring my state ID (dated 07/28)

08/05/10 - Case touched. Email and SMS case update stating that the case has been transferred to the local office for interview.

08/06/10 - Case touched

08/06/10 - Received interview appointment for 09/10 at 9:20AM in Philadelphia, PA

08/07/10 - Case touched

08/10/10 - Case touched

09/10/10 - Interview completed and recommended for approval

09/17/10 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sep 29!.

09/29/10 - Oath completed. US citizen as of today. Journey complete!.

From the back of your canceled check (three letters followed by 9 numbers)

I don't know if it is too silly to ask but is it 9 numbers or 10 after MSC? I am in that dilemma trying to hit a code with these numbers I got from my checks prinout, which are blurred. I asked because I might not be doing the right thing updating my customer portfolio, hence rejecting those msc and 10 digits.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.