CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow!  Your wife got her Oath scheduled pretty quickly!  Most others seem to wait another month to get theirs. That was less than 2 weeks for her, right?

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys located in Michigan and where is the Oath ceremony at?

James82

thanks for sharing your experience.Appreciate your time. 2 weeks for oath ceremony is like great timeline now a days.

also , one of the members got a surprise that his interview was cancelled , at the last minute, as his file did not arrive at the local office and that it will be rescheduled. That was a real surprise.

22 hours ago, stormnut42 said:

Wow!  Your wife got her Oath scheduled pretty quickly!  Most others seem to wait another month to get theirs. That was less than 2 weeks for her, right?

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys located in Michigan and where is the Oath ceremony at?

other than my wife, i know 2 separate cases who interviewed the same day and got their oaths scheduled as well-same place and time. 

From what i saw, Detroit office is pretty quick overall...

i will be attending with my wife for her oath this Thursday. unfortunately i still have to wait for my ceremony.

oath will be in Detroit federal court, downtown area...

11 hours ago, 2018n400 said:

James82

thanks for sharing your experience.Appreciate your time. 2 weeks for oath ceremony is like great timeline now a days.

also , one of the members got a surprise that his interview was cancelled , at the last minute, as his file did not arrive at the local office and that it will be rescheduled. That was a real surprise.

hmm. things happen.

something happened to me as well, worth mentioning just for awareness...

I interviewed same day and almost same time as my wife with different officers ... both of us approved.

Oath was scheduled after 3 or 4 days for my wife and i did nt receive any notification about my case.

I called USCIS and level 2 officer submitted a request for me to have my oath scheduled for me the same day and time as my wife...

the next day, i logged to my uscis account and found out that they scheduled an oath for me on a different day, and different place. Also, the same day, they cancelled that oath ceremony for me... After 1 or 2 days, i received a response to the service request stating that my request was declined due to overcapacity on that day/time.

Now i m still crossing my fingers as they have yet to reschedule my ceremony ... :(

Edited by james82

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, Bill & Katya said:

I seem to remember that when the lady talked to my wife's oath group, there was no need to have set travel plans.  If you have future plans that are not completely finalized, then I would just use an estimate.  In our case, we just walked in without an appointment and was out the door in about 30 minutes, but we did have set plans although no tickets purchased yet.. 

Thank you for the information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sam Kam said:

Finally US Citizen. Thank you all for your help and Guidance. It took exactly 6 months to complete the entire process. 

I was able to apply for the passport next day and was told it will be delivered in 1 week (as I selected expedited shipping).

Congrats!

Btw, my wife received her passport in three days with expedited service at the passport office in downtown Detroit.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 11/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, Sam Kam said:

Finally US Citizen. Thank you all for your help and Guidance. It took exactly 6 months to complete the entire process. 

I was able to apply for the passport next day and was told it will be delivered in 1 week (as I selected expedited shipping).

Congrats Sam Kam !

7 hours ago, Nee & Kam said:

Detroit June/July Filers - any update on your interview scheduling. I am guessing people should start receiving interview notices for December dates.

@stormnut42 - please keep us posted.

I applied in August 2018 still waiting for interview, field office detroit.

Timeline

@Nee & Kam I applied online on July 8th this year.  Still haven't been contacted for my interview date yet. But, I expect to hear something very soon. Two people that filed within 2 weeks before me (in June) have already had their interviews scheduled and, as you can see above, one of them - 2018n400 had their interview yesterday. Their priority date was just 15 days before mine.  

Timeline

A little bit of good news.....  I just checked the USCIS processing times for N400 cases in Detroit.  It's been updated to a range of 6 months to 13 months.  That's down from 8 to 13.5 months.  The first number is how long it takes for 50% of cases and the second number is how long it takes for 90% of cases. Still, it seems that lately it's taking an average of about 5 months at the Detroit office. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.