Biabarida

Question for filling out I-130

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello,

I am filling out my wifes I-130 and I-130a. I have several clarifying questions.

My first question is in beneficiary entry info on the I-130. My wife entered with a J1 visa, but she left in 2017 before we got married. As a result I am leaving section 46.a. -46.d. blank. However, in section 48 they require a Travel Document Number. She has a # from her J1 visa. Even though she is no longer in the US do they still want that number? I currently have it filled in. What is the penalty if it is filled in and they don't want to have it filled in? 

My real question is, what kind of mistakes are grounds for a denial? If I put N/A instead of none or none instead of N/A is that grounds for denial? How about it I give them extra information that they didn't ask for i.e. Putting in that number even if they don't want it?

I filled out the form and was on my way to the post office and had a freak out and decided to spend 2 more days going over the application.

Thank you for advice and help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Additional question:

My wife and I lived together in Washington state for 3 months and then again in Spain for 6 months.  In that time we hiked the Camino de Santiago and we went to Israel and Morocco for our pre-honeymoon (1 month in each)

I was on a Visa Waiver for the 3 months that I was in Spain (out of the 6)

Should I just write in that we never lived together, as both of these were too short term to count as an official residence? We have traveled together quite a lot and am worried that they will deny the application or make an RFE that I will have a hard time completing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. We have lived an unconventional lifestyle and it seems that in this process it can bite you in the butt.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Biabarida said:

Hello,

I am filling out my wifes I-130 and I-130a. I have several clarifying questions.

My first question is in beneficiary entry info on the I-130. My wife entered with a J1 visa, but she left in 2017 before we got married. As a result I am leaving section 46.a. -46.d. blank. However, in section 48 they require a Travel Document Number. She has a # from her J1 visa. Even though she is no longer in the US do they still want that number? I currently have it filled in. What is the penalty if it is filled in and they don't want to have it filled in? 

My real question is, what kind of mistakes are grounds for a denial? If I put N/A instead of none or none instead of N/A is that grounds for denial? How about it I give them extra information that they didn't ask for i.e. Putting in that number even if they don't want it?

I filled out the form and was on my way to the post office and had a freak out and decided to spend 2 more days going over the application.

Thank you for advice and help.

Read carefully, interpret literally and answer accurately.  She has an A number.  She has a passport number.  Enter them.

2 hours ago, Biabarida said:

We have lived an unconventional lifestyle and it seems that in this process it can bite you in the butt.

In the address field type, "We have visited but not resided in the same country."

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.