1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ah, great to find this forum. My case is pretty similar to some others that have posted here.

F2A category - PD Nov 2016

I-130 approved.

I-485 filed in March 2018

Had our Interview Sept 2018. Agent said everything looks good, just needs to check some documents.

PD became current Feb 2019.

No news since then. I asked my Senator to raise an inquiry three months ago - no response yet.

Should I raise a service request? How long will USCIS usually take to respond to those?

Thank you.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, QAF2A said:

I just came back from oversea travel, using AP was pretty easy to re-enter.

I also tried to get info pass appointment and found out they are not doing it anymore, at least not for people who are within the processing times. Will definitely renew my EAD asap.

My I-485 is still considered under normal processing times,(the normal is 31months after filing I485), ridiculous. But I did manage to put in a service request online, I tried to explain that I already had the interview last year this time and as chart A has been current for more than 2 months, I am asking where is my GC, why is the wait still going. Let's see what they will say.

The new Trump immigration reform plans to cancel all pending GCs, and make us apply again. I hope it will not pass.

Ok thanks @QAF2A.

I am also planning to renew my ead,

But on 1st June. 

And put service request online.. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, Poohmini said:

Hi all, 

My case is still stuck on waiting for schedule to interview and testing since January 2019. I am waiting for schedule so I can do testing because my lawyer recommended to give at interview. Did u guys do testing  beforehand? Thanks 

You will still have time to do the medical once your online status changes to "interview was scheduled". It more or less will take two months before your real interview since the online status showing "interview was scheduled". Or even you will have time to do the medical after you receive the interview letter. You at least will have a few weeks preparing for the interview once the interview letter arrives. And for the medical, usually it could be completed in 1-2 weeks. 

Timeline
On 5/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, username111 said:

Ah, great to find this forum. My case is pretty similar to some others that have posted here.

F2A category - PD Nov 2016

I-130 approved.

I-485 filed in March 2018

Had our Interview Sept 2018. Agent said everything looks good, just needs to check some documents.

PD became current Feb 2019.

No news since then. I asked my Senator to raise an inquiry three months ago - no response yet.

Should I raise a service request? How long will USCIS usually take to respond to those?

Thank you.

Is your I-130 approved before or after you filed I-485? And at the time of your interview, did USCIS local office have your approved I-130 petition or just the approval notice? 

Filed: Timeline
18 hours ago, issea said:

Is your I-130 approved before or after you filed I-485? And at the time of your interview, did USCIS local office have your approved I-130 petition or just the approval notice? 

I filed the I-485 after after I-130 was approved. However, I'm not sure if the local USCIS had my approved I-130 petition at the time of interview - I do remember the agent saying that they were stilI waiting for some documents. My lawyer left some documents with the agent though when  we went to the interview but I cannot say for sure if it included everything. We were not concerned about it at the time because by the time of my interview, we knew my I-130 was approved, fingerprints were done and medical exam was also complete.

Do you know if this can influence my case? The agent mentioned my case was approvable at the interview but still needed to wait for documents and priority date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, username111 said:

I filed the I-485 after after I-130 was approved. However, I'm not sure if the local USCIS had my approved I-130 petition at the time of interview - I do remember the agent saying that they were stilI waiting for some documents. My lawyer left some documents with the agent though when  we went to the interview but I cannot say for sure if it included everything. We were not concerned about it at the time because by the time of my interview, we knew my I-130 was approved, fingerprints were done and medical exam was also complete.

Do you know if this can influence my case? The agent mentioned my case was approvable at the interview but still needed to wait for documents and priority date.

I don't know if your case delayed because they are waiting for the original I-130. It could be the case. To rule this possibility out, the petitioner  of I-130 could call USCIS, asking if they have sent all original documents to the local office. If yes, then the cause of delay is something else, and ask them what it is. If no, then you could further ask what is missing and when to expect the documents sent to your local office. 

They usually need your original I-130 before making decision. And this is the case for me. We had the interview in March and PD was current (we updated as IR at the time of interview). But still I am waiting for their decision because of the original I-130 which at the time of interview was still sitting in NVC

On 5/20/2019 at 9:23 PM, issea said:

You will still have time to do the medical once your online status changes to "interview was scheduled". It more or less will take two months before your real interview since the online status showing "interview was scheduled". Or even you will have time to do the medical after you receive the interview letter. You at least will have a few weeks preparing for the interview once the interview letter arrives. And for the medical, usually it could be completed in 1-2 weeks. 

Thank you. Hope our F2A process as fast as citizens’ spouses. 

Edited by Poohmini

On 5/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, QAF2A said:

I just came back from oversea travel, using AP was pretty easy to re-enter.

I also tried to get info pass appointment and found out they are not doing it anymore, at least not for people who are within the processing times. Will definitely renew my EAD asap.

My I-485 is still considered under normal processing times,(the normal is 31months after filing I485), ridiculous. But I did manage to put in a service request online, I tried to explain that I already had the interview last year this time and as chart A has been current for more than 2 months, I am asking where is my GC, why is the wait still going. Let's see what they will say.

The new Trump immigration reform plans to cancel all pending GCs, and make us apply again. I hope it will not pass.

Hey in service request, what option you used? 

Did you choose typographic error? 

Which options are you used? 

I m confused? 

Or did you used car outside normal processing time? Can you send me a link? 

Edited by Bhumi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

I have sad news, today I got an email that says : I got request for initial evidence on my case. 😥

I am waiting for that letter what they exactly need.. I am super super Nervous guys.. 

I am like I have done My interview nicely Now after interview what they want? 

Did anyone pass this situation? 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Bhumi

1 hour ago, Bhumi said:

Hello guys, 

I have sad news, today I got an email that says : I got request for initial evidence on my case. 😥

I am waiting for that letter what they exactly need.. I am super super Nervous guys.. 

I am like I have done My interview nicely Now after interview what they want? 

Did anyone pass this situation? 

Thanks in advance 

Nothing to worry ,, was the rfe on 485 ??

i had one one on to submit birth certificate.

or an appropriate affidavit 

Timeline

Hi folks, 

Just come to update my case. The green card is delivered to me today.

I give my brief timeline below: 

I-130 PD: 02/01/2017

I-130 NOA2: 08/20/2018

I-485 NOA1: 12/27/2018

I-485 Interview: 03/19/2019 (update from F2A to IR6)

I-485 Approval: 05/30/2019

Green Card arrival: 06/06/2019

On 6/6/2019 at 5:42 PM, issea said:

Hi folks, 

Just come to update my case. The green card is delivered to me today.

I give my brief timeline below: 

I-130 PD: 02/01/2017

I-130 NOA2: 08/20/2018

I-485 NOA1: 12/27/2018

I-485 Interview: 03/19/2019 (update from F2A to IR6)

I-485 Approval: 05/30/2019

Green Card arrival: 06/06/2019

Congrats! We have the same PD of I-130. Hopefully I get it soon... My case is still under F2A though. I feel it is forgotten. 

I have raised Service request few weeks ago and got no reply. Yesterday I emailed a senator and a few congressmen. Let's see how that goes.

My I-130 was not approved yet during the interview a year ago. But few months after it is approved.

Now my PD has been current for sometime, but there's no movement on my case. I hope it is not forgotten. 

Is there anything we can do?

Infopass cannot be scheduled at all in Chicago office, and the natural processing time deadline for I-485 is more than a year away..

Timeline

1 hour ago, QAF2A said:

Now my PD has been current for sometime, but there's no movement on my case. I hope it is not forgotten. 

Is there anything we can do?

Infopass cannot be scheduled at all in Chicago office, and the natural processing time deadline for I-485 is more than a year away..

I saw sayings elsewhere that when you got your interview completed before your PD becomes current, your case could be approved in weeks, months or longer after your PD becomes current. It is really case specific. Long waiting might mean additional background check, case backlog and the like, or case being forgotten on the corner of one's desktop. In the case of the latter, an infopass appointment might draw their attention back and work on your case. 

For the infopass I don't remember who says on VJ but my impression is you can call USCIS and talk to a tier 2 and ask them to arrange an infopass appointment for you if they think it is necessary. Please try it and let us know the outcome. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.