1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

It appears with the release of new visa bulletin for May, my PD has also become current -

image.thumb.png.e285b26dec72d22f3618d44b79350410.png

Only thing is left is to wait for interview schedule and Seattle field office is still approx 1.5 years behind :( .

My i-130 is still sitting with NBC after the transfer from CSC. No updates on this yet since last October.

Anyone also in the same situation? with a transferred I-130 from CSC to NBC?

Thanks,

Edited by VG31

6 hours ago, VG31 said:

Hello Everyone,

It appears with the release of new visa bulletin for May, my PD has also become current -

image.thumb.png.e285b26dec72d22f3618d44b79350410.png

Only thing is left is to wait for interview schedule and Seattle field office is still approx 1.5 years behind :( .

My i-130 is still sitting with NBC after the transfer from CSC. No updates on this yet since last October.

Anyone also in the same situation? with a transferred I-130 from CSC to NBC?

Thanks,

Hi @VG31

I am exactly same as you but the branch office is Santa Ana.  But i will move to Seattle in few months.

I've been waiting for interview since May last year. The Receipt date for a case inquiry is March 29, 2017 for my case. It is almost a year earlier than my receipt date..

How do you know your I-130 is sitting at NBC? Did they approve your I-130?

Anyone know is there any way to contact USCIS or field office for this case except case inquiry?

Many Thanks

Timeline
55 minutes ago, markx said:

Hi @VG31

I am exactly same as you but the branch office is Santa Ana.  But i will move to Seattle in few months.

I've been waiting for interview since May last year. The Receipt date for a case inquiry is March 29, 2017 for my case. It is almost a year earlier than my receipt date..

How do you know your I-130 is sitting at NBC? Did they approve your I-130?

Anyone know is there any way to contact USCIS or field office for this case except case inquiry?

Many Thanks

Thanks for your response. 

My i-130 has been sitting with CSC for over more than one year and last year when I did AOS using chart B in September and right after the biometrics after seven days the status for my I-130 got changed and when I received the notice via mail I learned that it has been transferred to NBC and this particular center doesn’t process I-130. 

How do I know? If you go to the processing timing and select I-130 you’ll not see NBC in the selection list. NBC only works on i-485 and EAD/AP related cases. 

This is tells me that my I-130 is sitting with them along with I-485 and when my I-485 receipt dates approaches near I think NBC then will send both files together to Seattle field center and I think I-130 and I-485 will be adjudicated at that time. Until then I don’t expect any movement on my case and I’ve to wait another 1.5 years before my interview can be scheduled. 

I could be wrong in my judgement but I am almost certain this is the case is going to be with me. 

Please keep us posted if you see any movement on your case. 

Good luck. 

Edited by VG31

1 hour ago, Bhumi said:

Hey anyone got green card?

My pd is 10th Feb 2017.

Which is current but still not received green card.

Interview is done..

When I will get my green card?

Hi @Bhumi,

when you did the interview? and what's your field office?

I remember we submit I485 application last year almost same time, but I am still waiting for schedule interview :( 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

My interview was good and officer told me that once your priority date becomes current you will receive your green card. and it's done last month 13th March 2019. My field office is El paso tx. 

What is your field office?

Hi Bhumi,

If I recall correctly your i-130 was transferred to NBC, when you had your interview last month did they also approved and adjudicated your i-130 at a same time? Did you get approved for i-130 same day?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

V

No .2weeks before my interview, my i130 got approved and they send me letter by mail which says we are approving your i130 petition. but my online status is not changed yet. And for i485 they give us letter that says your priority date is not current yet.so when priority date becomes current NBC will make decision..

Edited by Bhumi

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

No .2weeks before my interview, my i130 got approved and they send me letter by mail which says we are approving your i130 petition. but my online status is not changed yet. And for i485 they give us letter that says your priority date is not current yet.so when priority date becomes current NBC will make decision..

Thank you for updating me on this.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, hyhy said:

Hi @senpal86

Thank you for the info.

I had AOS interview in Sept. 2018 with 130 PD: Jan, 2017 (which is current as of this month).

After the interview, I received a letter (mailed) from field office saying that the case will be transferred back to NBC due to no visa is available.
So far, I haven't heard any update...

My 130 approval notice was saying that my 130 has been sent to NVC, so I am not sure if this affects processing time or not.

As you said, fingers crossed.

Hi all,

Finally, my green card is delivered today.

Below is my timeline:

1/2017:        130 PD

4/2018:        485 RD (130 was still pending)

7/2018:        Ready to schedule interview

8/2018:        Interview scheduled

9/2018:        Interview completed. 485 returned to NBC due to F2A visa was not available

4/2019:        Priority date became current

4/2019:        New card is being produced

4/19/2019:  Card was delivered

Wish you all can get good news soon!

1 minute ago, hyhy said:

Hi all,

Below is my timeline:

9/2018:        Interview completed. 485 returned to NBC due to F2A visa was not available

Thank you for the update! 

Congratulations! Your journey has a good end!

I do have a question, how many days is it from card being produced to card delivered for you? Did you get the card being produced notice by mail or email?

I am currently planning a trip for the end of this month using my AP, and hoping that it would not get canceled because the green card would cancel my AP.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, hyhy said:

Hi all,

Below is my timeline:

Congrats!!!!

Glad your journey towards GC is end! I have same PD as you but I am  still waiting for schedule interview..sigh..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.