3,014 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

So if I got the c31 does that mean my vawa is approved!!!!!!?????

That could very well be the case C31 is issued after an approved VAWA. USCIS system is all messed up right now with notifications. Are you registered to the other USCIS website that sometimes provides additional information? https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

1 hour ago, Fishy89 said:

Yes .. i got mine approved 10 days ago and they lawyer recieved the approval notices and the combo card 4 days ago .. 

filed 2/22/2018 i got the approval in 89 days ! 

You should hear something from them soon .. 

when did you filed ? 

Oh wow that's great i filed 03/13/2018

Filed: Country:
Timeline

My lawyer got the letter and my interview date is on the 14th of June. they scheduled it May 30, such a short notice. But thank God, I hope my journey will soon be over. 

What will they ask on my interview? Will they still ask details about my husband or about the abuse?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

My lawyer got the letter and my interview date is on the 14th of June. they scheduled it May 30, such a short notice. But thank God, I hope my journey will soon be over. 

What will they ask on my interview? Will they still ask details about my husband or about the abuse?

when was ur vawa approved ?

1 hour ago, Military said:

That could very well be the case C31 is issued after an approved VAWA. USCIS system is all messed up right now with notifications. Are you registered to the other USCIS website that sometimes provides additional information? https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

If you filled i-765/i-485/i-360 together, then in my opinion you are eligible for EAD based on pending i-360. I don't think receiving EAD means the VAWA was approved. What did your attorney say? 

8 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

If you filled i-765/i-485/i-360 together, then in my opinion you are eligible for EAD based on pending i-360. I don't think receiving EAD means the VAWA was approved. What did your attorney say? 

Yes, the applicant would be eligible for EAD under C09, not C31. You become eligible to apply using C31 with an approved VAWA. In the OPs case. The OP received two different EAD showing two different categories, one listed C09, and the other listed C31. That is why a few persons including myself suggested that perhaps the VAWA had been approved. 

Edited by Military

1 hour ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

Congrats! You got interview so fast! I waited 13 months and only with help of congressman got invitation. And why did I wait too long? Because they lost my updated medical records, which we sent in October 2017. I made info passes, called, made inquiry, my lawyer made a request with trekking number and signature of the clerk of uscis, who received it. but in wain, they never informed that they don't have them. On the interview officer asked me only if i divorced, if i work, everything went good, she did not ask any other document, but then she asked about medical records, (like she already knew that she will not find them!) of course, she did not find medical submission, refused to take a copy which i had, and said "she will review"/ Reviewed till now, because papers were lost. but they will never confess. So my advice, check everything you will take -  all the papers, even if they did not ask make medical records, take originals and copies. Now they try to find any small issue in order not to approve cases on spot, they got bonuses for every rfe, so be prepared.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Military said:

No I just check the regular website 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Veronika691 said:

Suppose to be so, but what your lawyer told you?

She just said it might be bc I have 2 cases the vawa and the adjustment of status 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Veronika691 said:

Congrats! You got interview so fast! I waited 13 months and only with help of congressman got invitation. And why did I wait too long? Because they lost my updated medical records, which we sent in October 2017. I made info passes, called, made inquiry, my lawyer made a request with trekking number and signature of the clerk of uscis, who received it. but in wain, they never informed that they don't have them. On the interview officer asked me only if i divorced, if i work, everything went good, she did not ask any other document, but then she asked about medical records, (like she already knew that she will not find them!) of course, she did not find medical submission, refused to take a copy which i had, and said "she will review"/ Reviewed till now, because papers were lost. but they will never confess. So my advice, check everything you will take -  all the papers, even if they did not ask make medical records, take originals and copies. Now they try to find any small issue in order not to approve cases on spot, they got bonuses for every rfe, so be prepared.

Thank you so much for all the info. I hope and pray that eveything will be smooth. It just scares me if I have to go through telling them all about the abuse again, I dont want to recall and go through it again. Up until today, the anxiety of just talking or hearing about him shoots up. 

14 minutes ago, Veronika691 said:

Can you share the timeline after your interview to receive the approval and actual card. Yes true and i did not have enough time and did not think about getting the physical and I attended interview. Officer asked for birth, marriage and passport, license and take finger prints. I went with lawyer and did not ask anything on abuse. I got RFE and working on getting the physical exam report to be sent. Medical records expire within a year and so please take new record in sealed cover and hand it at the interview.

I have a question. Since I  recently applied for the form I-360 and not the I-765 . If I want to apply for the adjustment and the ead, and I dont have enough money for it, can I apply for the fee waiver? Would school count as an obstacle for me, to not been able to pay it? School for me is like 2,000 since I wanted to go and do a health program, i  really dont have enough to pay the application and i wanted to have a assist myself financially , my mom helps me, but its not enough, my situation is really stressful. I have evidence of school tuition in my school charges, which I can show. Is that helpful? :unsure: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.