KwameFosuSarkodie

COMMON QUESTIONS FOR IR2 VISA APPLICANTS

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, KwameFosuSarkodie said:

i am 23 currently going for an IR2 Visa Interview. What are the possible questions to be asked and the documents to submitted.

You need a lots of documents if you don't have early birth certificate.Proved of relationship,pictures, call history, receipts for money transfer, letters and even they can asked you for school and hospital records.The documents and evidences should be accurate and perfect and if not please preparing yourself for DNA Testing.I submitted all the documents listed and failed to provided photos with my 2 children so CO asked me for DNA testing that is the final for me to completed my case.My 2 children got their visas after they passed the DNA testing.I wish you good luck and successful interview. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/12/2018 at 6:00 PM, KwameFosuSarkodie said:

i am 23 currently going for an IR2 Visa Interview. What are the possible questions to be asked and the documents to submitted.

• What is your name?
  • How old are you?
  • When is your birthday?
  • Who is your petitioner?
  • When did your father go to US?
  • How did he acquire his citizenship?
  • How many are they in the house? (place where I'll be staying)
  • Are your parents separated?
  • Do you have pictures with him?

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/13/2018 at 3:00 AM, KwameFosuSarkodie said:

was ur visa approved?

Timeline
3 hours ago, KwameFosuSarkodie said:

Yes please, it was approved in February 20, 2020. I’m in the States now since March 14, 2020

Thanks for reply can u please tell me what questions did they ask from you my biological father is petitioner 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

I must say it wasn’t easy for me bro. It was my 4th time going there again since my 1st interview in 2015 and finally got approved in 2020. With all bring this documents, that and this. Even in the 2020, they approved it, I was told my DS-260 had expired so I need to go and fill out before 11am that morning. I went out of the embassy and had someone did it for me. He charged me expensive but I needed it. When I was called, she just asked me the following questions.

what is your name?

your date of birth?

how old are you?

who petitioned for you? which I answered all correctly to the best of my knowledge. She just went through my docket to and fro and checking on her computer the same time. She told me to give her a minute. I told there for over 15 minutes doing that. Checking if she had missed something. She took my docket to her supervisor to cross check if everything is okay. Though, I didn’t hear their conversation but I guess he told her everything is good. She came back to me and told me she’s sorry she can issue the visa to me if I have no evidence to my age which I had previously submitted to them. I didn’t utter any word and thanked her after that. When I went out, I was about taking a cab to the city get a car back to where I came from when I saw a private number was calling me. I picked and they asked me if I was around the embassy still. I said yes and they told me to come straight away which I did. When I went back to her, she told me she miscalculated my age and now I qualify. She took my passport and my visa was issued the next day. It all happened pretty fast. It was the right time God has put in some place for me.

Note: my visa was IR2 which is child of a US citizen under 21. Though at the time of the interview, I was 25 but still they issued the IR2 visa for me not F11. I guessed I qualified for the CSPA. 

When it’s your time, God will definitely make all things well. Good luck bro

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KwameFosuSarkodie said:

I must say it wasn’t easy for me bro. It was my 4th time going there again since my 1st interview in 2015 and finally got approved in 2020. With all bring this documents, that and this. Even in the 2020, they approved it, I was told my DS-260 had expired so I need to go and fill out before 11am that morning. I went out of the embassy and had someone did it for me. He charged me expensive but I needed it. When I was called, she just asked me the following questions.

what is your name?

your date of birth?

how old are you?

who petitioned for you? which I answered all correctly to the best of my knowledge. She just went through my docket to and fro and checking on her computer the same time. She told me to give her a minute. I told there for over 15 minutes doing that. Checking if she had missed something. She took my docket to her supervisor to cross check if everything is okay. Though, I didn’t hear their conversation but I guess he told her everything is good. She came back to me and told me she’s sorry she can issue the visa to me if I have no evidence to my age which I had previously submitted to them. I didn’t utter any word and thanked her after that. When I went out, I was about taking a cab to the city get a car back to where I came from when I saw a private number was calling me. I picked and they asked me if I was around the embassy still. I said yes and they told me to come straight away which I did. When I went back to her, she told me she miscalculated my age and now I qualify. She took my passport and my visa was issued the next day. It all happened pretty fast. It was the right time God has put in some place for me.

Note: my visa was IR2 which is child of a US citizen under 21. Though at the time of the interview, I was 25 but still they issued the IR2 visa for me not F11. I guessed I qualified for the CSPA. 

When it’s your time, God will definitely make all things well. Good luck bro

Man thanks for reply but I must say that you went a whole drama but at the end you succeed 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

I had my first interview in 2016 somewhere around June. I would probably say like 3 months cos they give priority to the IR visas. It was the 221G that took sometime. Because of the pandemic, everything seems to be slow. My sister has been DQ from November 2020 for F11 visa yet they keep on sending her messages to wait for 60 days every 2 months. It's pretty annoying. I waited patiently from 2016 and finally got my visa in 2020. How many years? Only God. Good luck brother

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.