10 posts in this topic

If you mailed them a check for your fee, you will be able to see the case number on the back of the cancelled check. It should start with 3 letters, then 10 numbers (mine started with WAC).

It'll also be on the physical NOA1 that they mail you.

But no, you won't be notified by email.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
was wondering How will i receive a case # once they receive the packet. will they email me or by mail. It's only been a week But was a little unclear on how to track progress, thank you, chris

One of two ways - for some, if you get cancelled checks back from the bank, it may be written on the back. For most, when you get your NOA1, via snail mail, there will be a number that starts with "WAC" at the top of the page. That's what you can use to set up the online tracking if you want.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Timeline
was wondering How will i receive a case # once they receive the packet. will they email me or by mail. It's only been a week But was a little unclear on how to track progress, thank you, chris

YOu will receive an NOA1 by mail. Then you can sign up online for updates.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

:guides:

Edited by devilette

Filed: Timeline

You will receive confirmation from USCIS by snail mail. This will have your case number on it. It always starts with 3 letters and then 10 numbers. Mine was WAC..........! You can also get your case number off of the back of the check that you used to pay the fee. It will be stamped on the back of the check. Once you get the case number you can go to USCIS.gov website and register on their site. That way you can track your account and know what the status is of your account. If your applying for a K-1 visa through CSC (California Service Center) it takes about 3 months to get your approval to the next step. If you go through Vermont it takes about 1 month. If you filed at Texas or Nebraska, and it's for a K-1 fiance visa, it will be sent to CSC. The other two no longer process fiance visas. Hope this information helps and good luck with your process.

You will receive what is called a NOA1 (Notice of Action, on form I-797) in the mail (hang on to this certificate looking document.) They will not email you on this first notice.

If you mailed a check - and can view the canceled check (in person or on line) look on the reverse of the check - stamped on there will be your case number (three letters followed by I believe 9 numbers)

Once you get your case number, you can register on USCIS's website - and sign up for email notification - then they will email you when you are approved (NOA2). They will follow up with another I-797 in the mail.

Good Luck... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If you mailed them a check for your fee, you will be able to see the case number on the back of the cancelled check. It should start with 3 letters, then 10 numbers (mine started with WAC).

Dang it Tracy - we keep posting at the same time, almost. You keep beating me!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

I know. :lol:

Damn I'm good. :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thank you everyone will wait for snal mail and keep ya posted thank god I went through vermont and not ca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.