Momo12

DS160 Have you been refused admission to the US

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I was studying in the US at a university but decided to take a leave of absence. I didn't want to violate my terms on my student visa so I decided to take a weekend trip to Canada and return to the US on my visa waiver. I went through border protection once, but was pulled back by another agent to recheck my documents.

At that point, my student visa and visa waiver was revoked due to the lack of ties to Japan, I also didn't have a return ticket (rookie move, I know!). After my visa was revoked I flew back to Japan on the same day.

On the DS-160 I know I have to state "yes" that my visa was revoked and give an explanation but I wasn't sure if I had to say "yes" for the question "Have you ever been refused a u.s. visa or been refused admission to the united states?"

Any input will be helpful! Thanks so much for those who read this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Momo12 said:

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I was studying in the US at a university but decided to take a leave of absence. I didn't want to violate my terms on my student visa so I decided to take a weekend trip to Canada and return to the US on my visa waiver. I went through border protection once, but was pulled back by another agent to recheck my documents.

At that point, my student visa and visa waiver was revoked due to the lack of ties to Japan, I also didn't have a return ticket (rookie move, I know!). After my visa was revoked I flew back to Japan on the same day.

On the DS-160 I know I have to state "yes" that my visa was revoked and give an explanation but I wasn't sure if I had to say "yes" for the question "Have you ever been refused a u.s. visa or been refused admission to the united states?"

Any input will be helpful! Thanks so much for those who read this.

I think it is a yes because you were refused  admission.

Timeline

Thanks for your super quick reply! That's what I was thinking too. So I guess I should just submit the same explanation for the DS-160. Better to be safe and say "yes" and give an explation then to be denied because I submitted false information.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Momo12 said:

Thanks for your super quick reply! That's what I was thinking too. So I guess I should just submit the same explanation for the DS-160. Better to be safe and say "yes" and give an explation then to be denied because I submitted false information.

Exactly always be honest, and you can explain the situation. Japan is not a red flag country as long as you didn't violate anything it will be ok.

This is what happens when it is false info

I was just reading this:

Timeline

Nope, didn't violate anything. I was able to obtain a tourist visa afterwards so that I can enter the US now.

Thanks for the link, will definitely be saying "yes" on the DS-160 when the time comes!

Thank you so much for your time. Definitely helped with my anxiety :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Momo12 said:

Nope, didn't violate anything. I was able to obtain a tourist visa afterwards so that I can enter the US now.

Thanks for the link, will definitely be saying "yes" on the DS-160 when the time comes!

Thank you so much for your time. Definitely helped with my anxiety :)

I was just wondering for your tourist visa, when you applied for it, did You say you were refused before ? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rebecca & Kelvin said:

I was just wondering for your tourist visa, when you applied for it, did You say you were refused before ? 

Unfortunately since it was almost 10 years ago, and I had a lawyer help me with the paperwork I don't remember the details of the paperwork.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Momo12 said:

Unfortunately since it was almost 10 years ago, and I had a lawyer help me with the paperwork I don't remember the details of the paperwork.

It may be important though in order not to give contradicting information.... you should have said yes before when applying to tourist visa.

i would try and find those papers or a copy of your ds-160... 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Naes said:

It may be important though in order not to give contradicting information.... you should have said yes before when applying to tourist visa.

i would try and find those papers or a copy of your ds-160... 

Found the documents! And it says yes to being refused. So will be definitely checking yes on the ds-160

Timeline
2 hours ago, Momo12 said:

Found the documents! And it says yes to being refused. So will be definitely checking yes on the ds-160

That's good :) 

good luck!

i dont think youll have any problem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.