RumiPoet

Recieved Initial packet

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm the benficiary here and I've just recieved the packet of information to set the interview up and gather everything necessary. I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

--- They say to fill out the DS230I form and return it to them immediatley. They also send you a notice saying to fill out DS156 online and print those out. Does this mean I fill out the DS230I by hand as I can't seem to find an online version of it.

---It doesn't really say how to set up an appointment with them. How do you do this or is this up to them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

again i really don't know the answers to your questions

but i will try my best to help you

if you cannot find a copy online, it would only seem logical to me to fill it out by hand.

the interview. i think they send you the date after you return your form that they ask for. if not, what i did, was i called the embassy, becuase we were not recieving the form, i asked them what to do, and they told me, wait, and call back if you do not recieve by this date, ....

when i called back i asked about the interview and he told me

i would try first to send back, then call the embassy or call the embassy too during the non-immagrant hours

they will help you

I'm the benficiary here and I've just recieved the packet of information to set the interview up and gather everything necessary. I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

--- They say to fill out the DS230I form and return it to them immediatley. They also send you a notice saying to fill out DS156 online and print those out. Does this mean I fill out the DS230I by hand as I can't seem to find an online version of it.

---It doesn't really say how to set up an appointment with them. How do you do this or is this up to them?

RumiPoet,

Congratulations on the Packet3...

The DS230 part 1 is online - check the version they sent to compare.

Here's a link to the electronic DS-156 they refer to: DS-156

And you usually don't set up the appointment. When you send back your packet 3, they will send you the appointment date (usually called Packet 4). =)

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Timeline

RumiPoet,

And you usually don't set up the appointment. When you send back your packet 3, they will send you the appointment date (usually called Packet 4). =)

Where is the DS230 online I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the response I was also curious on what the chances of rejection are if you had a visa violation in the past. When I lived in the US I ended up having to leave for working on a student visa. It wasn't deportation though I ended up leaving anyway. So if I answer yes to the question on DS-156 am I doomed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here is the DS-230. It's under example forms here on VJ.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

And as far as answering the DS-156, I suggest you respond every question honestly. You don't want to get in trouble with anybody because you're trying to hide something or because you're telling half the truth.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Which forms do you actually send and which forms do you take to the interview. I know you have to send in the DS230I. Does anything else get sent with it? And which ones do you take to the interview? Once you send in the forms, thats when you should get the interview right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The forms that you need to send back to the embassy should be listed in the cover letter of the packet you just received. I'm not sure about the embassy in Sidney but in Colombia for a K-1 visa the documents that need to be sent back are OF-169 (signed), DS-230 Part I (signed) accompanied by a cover letter.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

RumiPoet,

Where is the DS230 online I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the response I was also curious on what the chances of rejection are if you had a visa violation in the past. When I lived in the US I ended up having to leave for working on a student visa. It wasn't deportation though I ended up leaving anyway. So if I answer yes to the question on DS-156 am I doomed?

Here's the link to the official Dept. of State's forms Dept. of State Forms

There are plenty of example from people on VJ who have had visa violations/infractions and still received their Visa. So are you doomed? not necessarily...but if you have had an issue, and don't answer as such on the form, that could lead to issues..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.