Bckapp

One way fare from Cebu for my fiance?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is it possible to get a one way ticket from Cebu, or only from Manila? I have looked around a little , and though i would ask... Any websites or airlines to recommend for the best deals in June? thanks,

try www.cheapoair.com so far they are the cheapest deals ive seen. i would also suggest that u find a flight that would not pass manila anymore specially cebu pacific coz they need to transfer still from the domestic airport to the international airport which is very hassle for sure. hope that this help...

even if the airport in Cebu is international?

I believe that all international flights must go through NAIA.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Claudeth flew from Cebu to Hong Kong to LAX. She bought the ticket in CDO and saved us about $150.

Cebu is considered an international airport.

I believe that all international flights must go through NAIA.

I always fly in and out of Cebu, never to Manila. Claudeth flew out of Cebu to Hong Kong. She also did her CFO in Cebu the day before she left to come here.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

First of - YES you can buy a one way ticket, just let them know that your fiance has a K-1 Visa.

Secondly - Some airlines won't sell you a ticket without the CFO stamp on your fiance's passport. So just be sure she attended the seminar and got the stamp before you buy the ticket.

Some of the cheapest airlines I found were EVA Air and China Airlines. Though there are lay-overs. I don't know when you're leaving but Philippine Airlines also has some cheap rates sometimes. Just go to their ticket office and check. We booked flights to HongKong recently and found them cheaper at PAL office than any of the travel agencies. They were very restricted tickets (i.e. no refund, no exchange, no rebooking, etc.) But really cheap. I doin't know if they have the same for US bound flights. Good Luck!!

A.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

I always fly Cathay Pacific, I really like their service. My friend always flys Northwest out of Manila because they are usually the cheapest. Claudeth flew Cathay out of Cebu when she came here.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the advice... hmmm,, one more question though.. My fiance will not have the CFO yet. Does that mean i cannot even plan to get her a ticket until she gets it? That means i will need to wait till last minute to get it? I was hoping to get the ticket before hand on the same flight as my return flight.... Will have to see... U guys are great here!! thanks again..!

I believe there are now more international international flights to Mactan (Cebu) International Airport directly. But, you will find cheaper flights if you go via NAIA.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Thanks for the advice... hmmm,, one more question though.. My fiance will not have the CFO yet. Does that mean i cannot even plan to get her a ticket until she gets it? That means i will need to wait till last minute to get it? I was hoping to get the ticket before hand on the same flight as my return flight.... Will have to see... U guys are great here!! thanks again..!

You can buy the ticket any time, they just won't let her on an international flight until she has the CFO stamp in her passport.

Claudeth purchased the ticket in Cagayan once DELBROS delivered the visa. She then flew to Cebu and took the class the day before she departed for the U.S.

Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

For your query i know Cebu has international airport. But mostly the itinerary is like this CEB-MNL-LAX/SFO.

Sometimes its still cheaper to buy ur ticket in MANILA goin to LAX/SFO or other US DESTINATION.

However since ur fiancee is in CEBU try to tell her to look for CHEAPEST domestic flights from CEBU to MANILA.

25th June 07 - Sent I-129F to CSC

26th June 07 - Sign and Received by TAKEO

03rd July 07 - Touched !! (1st time)

10th July 07 - Got Noa1

8th Nov 07 - Got APPROVED

14th Nov 07 - noa2 HARD COPY

----------------------------------------

120 days - NOA 2

6 days - to have HARD COPY of NOA2

Cebu flys direct to Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific is by far the best airline in the skies, give them a chance to match the best price you get, you won't be dissappointed in their quality of service.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Cebu flys direct to Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific is by far the best airline in the skies, give them a chance to match the best price you get, you won't be dissappointed in their quality of service.

Right on! I love Cathay! I always do flight 920 from Cebu to Hong Kong and then flight 882 from Hong Kong to LAX!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.