brunt11

AOS process, any help greatly appreciated

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Office of Civil marriages is where you want to go. they have appointments available for Saturday night. It is in the same building as the courthouse, at 3rd street and Lewis, It looks like it is separate from the courthouse, but in the same building. Here is the web address with all the info and the booking link. Hope this helps

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/services/Pages/CivilMarriages.aspx

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

The courthouse is the front side of where you get your license. I don't think they are open that late. I know Monday thru Friday they dedicate 2 coutrooms for marriages. It is just a walk in and do it type thing. Let me see if I can get or find some more information about it. I know durring the week you can get your certificate next day for sure. Let me see about the courthouse marriage info.

its because when u go online to book a wedding through clark county there is a civil office of marriages (also run by clark county) which is also next door which is open 7 days a week. having super zoomed google map iv found the courthouse on the other side (but as you said I guess you just turn up and get hitched) I think therein lies all my confusion

Timeline
Just now, brunt11 said:

its because when u go online to book a wedding through clark county there is a civil office of marriages (also run by clark county) which is also next door which is open 7 days a week. having super zoomed google map iv found the courthouse on the other side (but as you said I guess you just turn up and get hitched) I think therein lies all my confusion

Yes, I have been downtown many times, but honestly never walked into the Civil Marriages office. The link I posted should let you book an appointment online. You have to let me know how it goes so I am not in the dark when I try this later this year.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

Yes, I have been downtown many times, but honestly never walked into the Civil Marriages office. The link I posted should let you book an appointment online. You have to let me know how it goes so I am not in the dark when I try this later this year.

the office of civil marriages is where I have my ceremony for the Saturday.

however I called them and they said I would have to wait standard 2 business days to get the certificate.

so how will this work out with my same day certificate? does that mean it then has to be ratified by a judge on the Monday? 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

so realistically you are saying it will be quicker to just nip into the court on the Friday/monday get hitched pop back to the bureau on sat/tue and pick up the certified copy?

whilst if I go to the office of civil ceremonies I will have to wait the 2 business days or apply for it online?

Timeline
10 hours ago, brunt11 said:

so realistically you are saying it will be quicker to just nip into the court on the Friday/monday get hitched pop back to the bureau on sat/tue and pick up the certified copy?

whilst if I go to the office of civil ceremonies I will have to wait the 2 business days or apply for it online?

If I get a chance, today I will stop in the Civil Marriages office and double check with them on availability of the certified copy. I would think since they are all in the same building, it should be the same amount of time. I will be downtown today, and will stop in and ask in person, that's usually the best way to get good information (Most of the time). Will let you know.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Loren Y said:

If I get a chance, today I will stop in the Civil Marriages office and double check with them on availability of the certified copy. I would think since they are all in the same building, it should be the same amount of time. I will be downtown today, and will stop in and ask in person, that's usually the best way to get good information (Most of the time). Will let you know.

You Star. Thanks again

Timeline
4 hours ago, brunt11 said:

You Star. Thanks again

Checked at the actual civil marriage office today. According to them, any marriage ceremony performed after 5pm on Friday thru Sunday night the certificate will be available Monday afternoon. They said as early as noon, but their online system is real time so you can search your name online and as soon as it shows up as recorded, the certificate is available. They said depends on the order they do them in you can have it as early as 11am, but they said best bet after 1pm. Now if you get married Monday Thru Thursday for sure next day it will be available. If you want to do a Friday or Saturday they said make sure you make an appointment online because those days are appointment only. all the other hours are walk-in. Posted the hours Below.

Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm-6:00pm, walk-ins only
Friday:  9:30am-8:45pm, by appointment only
Saturday: 12:30pm-8:45pm, by appointment only
Sunday:  9:00am-5:00pm (closed 11:30 a.m.-Noon for lunch), walk-ins only

Timeline
8 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Checked at the actual civil marriage office today. According to them, any marriage ceremony performed after 5pm on Friday thru Sunday night the certificate will be available Monday afternoon. They said as early as noon, but their online system is real time so you can search your name online and as soon as it shows up as recorded, the certificate is available. They said depends on the order they do them in you can have it as early as 11am, but they said best bet after 1pm. Now if you get married Monday Thru Thursday for sure next day it will be available. If you want to do a Friday or Saturday they said make sure you make an appointment online because those days are appointment only. all the other hours are walk-in. Posted the hours Below.

Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm-6:00pm, walk-ins only
Friday:  9:30am-8:45pm, by appointment only
Saturday: 12:30pm-8:45pm, by appointment only
Sunday:  9:00am-5:00pm (closed 11:30 a.m.-Noon for lunch), walk-ins only

Thanks again for looking into all

this for me. Appointment booked for Saturday.

cant stay until Monday because partner and her parents need to be back at work. But it sounds as if I can order it online on Monday afternoon anyway..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.