wdieker

Feb 2018 DCF Manila (Petition filed)

71 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, dekedwin said:

That is a reasonable amount of time. We called the Embassy on the telephone today to talk with them about the Police Clearance from Lebanon. They are escalating our case to a higher level to figure out how to help us with that problem, and then they will send us an email letting us know what to do next. This nice to have people be helpful!

Took me around 3 weeks to get our case numbers. I logged into our ustraveldoc account and left "feedback" asking about the case numbers around the 3 week mark and got the case numbers shortly after. 

Thank you! I will keep that in mind if it takes too long to get our Case Numbers. I don't think we will get them until they sort out the Police Clearance from Lebanon. And as soon as that is resolved I think we will probably get them. I'm just guessing?

On 3/24/2018 at 2:26 AM, dekedwin said:

Thank you! I will keep that in mind if it takes too long to get our Case Numbers. I don't think we will get them until they sort out the Police Clearance from Lebanon. And as soon as that is resolved I think we will probably get them. I'm just guessing?

Well, it's Philippine Holidays (Holy Week) next week so it will prolong the case number waiting time since all the process are done in the USEM Manila. 

Direct Consular Filling - US Embassy Manila

February 5, 2018 - I-130 petition filed

February 23, 2018 - Approval notice received

March 1, 2018 - Case number received and DS-260 complete

March 5 & 6, 2018 - Medical Examination

March 15, 2018 - Interview

March 23, 2018 - Visa Issued

March 28, 2018 - Visa on-hand

Incoming trips:

May 1, 2018 - Clark to Hongkong / Hongkong to Los Angeles

May 5, 2018 - Los Angeles to Kansas

Yes, thy don't work on American or Filipino Holidays. I forgot about Holy Week until this morning,a church. This i morning was the celebration of Palm Sunday, and my wife reminded e this was Holy Week.

8 hours ago, dekedwin said:

Yes, thy don't work on American or Filipino Holidays. I forgot about Holy Week until this morning,a church. This i morning was the celebration of Palm Sunday, and my wife reminded e this was Holy Week.

Police clearance shouldn't have anything to do with your case numbers. You were already approved so the case numbers should be coming regardless. You do need that police clearance before your interview though otherwise they might defer you until you get it (I wouldn't chance it). But you need the case numbers so you can do your medical examinations. 

We will be happy to receive the case numbers! Department of State are escalating our case to the people higher up to help us figure out how to deal with the Police Clearance from Lebanon. They will provide some guidance for us, and we haven't heard back from them since they told us that. We are supposed to be getting an email from them about it. So I hope things keep moving, and I hope the Police clearance doesn't delay us in our progress towards getting our visas!

I made copies of all the originals we used in filing our Petitions, and more to prove Domicile intent to re establish Domicile. We have pretty much everything in order. We just mainly need to get the case numbers, complete the DS-260s, schedule our interviews, and register with St. Luke's Medical Extension Center, and get on with the program without any delays hopefully!

Thank you so much yuini for the information.  A great help.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

16 hours ago, dekedwin said:

I made copies of all the originals we used in filing our Petitions, and more to prove Domicile intent to re establish Domicile. We have pretty much everything in order. We just mainly need to get the case numbers, complete the DS-260s, schedule our interviews, and register with St. Luke's Medical Extension Center, and get on with the program without any delays hopefully!

About the proof of domicile. It's really important to us, DCF filers, especially when you get an american consul who would capitalize on that. No worries though, it's not so hard to prove as long as you can convince them that the USC will be coming back to the US and reestablish himself there. 

P.S. Affidavit of Domicile support from my parent's in law didn't work, so we had to show other proofs.

2 hours ago, coa24 said:

Thank you so much yuini for the information.  A great help.

Oh? Thanks for? XD

Incoming trips:

22 hours ago, yuini said:

About the proof of domicile. It's really important to us, DCF filers, especially when you get an american consul who would capitalize on that. No worries though, it's not so hard to prove as long as you can convince them that the USC will be coming back to the US and reestablish himself there. 

P.S. Affidavit of Domicile support from my parent's in law didn't work, so we had to show other proofs.

Oh? Thanks for? XD

I know this isn't the place for the questions...what do you mean by the affidavit of support was not enough? Does that mean in addition to a parents or family members sponsorship that you must also show that you have other means of financial support, such as a car, place to stay, etc...??

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

5 hours ago, coa24 said:

I know this isn't the place for the questions...what do you mean by the affidavit of support was not enough? Does that mean in addition to a parents or family members sponsorship that you must also show that you have other means of financial support, such as a car, place to stay, etc...??

I didn't have a problem with affidavit of support. I had a problem with Affidavit of Domicile Support - which is supposedly for Proof of domicile. They wanted lease instead. 

Incoming trips:

Good morning DCF Manila filer. My husband filed a petition CR1 DCF last March 20,2018 and we are still waiting for the approval email. A bit anxious upon reading those experiences that 3 days,5 days...they were qpproved but as i read the thread here that some 28 days,i feel comfort. In facebook lovevisalife group. I found some March filer of DCf also. Some March 8 and March 22 and still waiting. I learned a lot from the experiences also of some Feb.2018 filer that they advices us pending for approval to prepare proofs of domicile because 2 of them we talked were 221g because of that. The USC really focus on Proof of Domicile for DCf applicants. So, starting now gathering more proofs that my husband reestablish his domicile.

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

Good morning DCF Manila filer. My husband filed a petition CR1 DCF last March 20,2018 and we are still waiting for the approval email. A bit anxious upon reading those experiences that 3 days,5 days...they were qpproved but as i read the thread here that some 28 days,i feel comfort. In facebook lovevisalife group. I found some March filer of DCf also. Some March 8 and March 22 and still waiting. I learned a lot from the experiences also of some Feb.2018 filer that they advices us pending for approval to prepare proofs of domicile because 2 of them we talked were 221g because of that. The USC really focus on Proof of Domicile for DCf applicants. So, starting now gathering more proofs that my husband reestablish his domicile.

Yes, I believe 30 days is a pretty good expectation. Don't stress too much about it, it's DCF. What could go wrong? They check all your papers before you can even file so you guys getting RFE is a slim chance. (RFE prolongs it)

Those 3-5 days approval are really secluded cases and probably got lucky that the current work load weren't that high so they had faster processing. 

Did the March 8 filler get his approval of notice yet? (NOA2 is what regular filler calls it)

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

@yuini What proofs of Domicile you brought during the interview? Are you also 221g?

221g, Proof of domicile. They do focus on that if you're a DCF.

My visa is going to be delivered today, thankfully. It only took a few days after I sent the proof of domicile documents for them to issue my visa. 

Incoming trips:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.