7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Fiance visa K1

The sent me an email saying it approved and sent to US embassy abroad. A case number was already assigned from the embassy. So i looked at the requirement about package 3. And told her to get her medical and gather other documents.

Q1. How will the embassy know that she's completed her medical exam. She had not receive package 3 in the mail yet.

Q2. Once they know, will they schedule an interview date or is this something i or she do?

Q3. I have to complete an affidavit of support. I'm a little confused as there are two forms I-134 or I-186  which one? and do i send the original to her along with my 3 years tax? or can it be email to her? (also do need it notorized)

Q3. she completed the DS-160 already. correct form? Non immigrated visa

Q4. Are there any other fee she has to pay other the fee i've already paid.

Sorry this is a lot of questions. thank you for helping me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, 4izenough said:

Hi all,

Fiance visa K1

The sent me an email saying it approved and sent to US embassy abroad. A case number was already assigned from the embassy. So i looked at the requirement about package 3. And told her to get her medical and gather other documents.

Q1. How will the embassy know that she's completed her medical exam. She had not receive package 3 in the mail yet.

Q2. Once they know, will they schedule an interview date or is this something i or she do?

Q3. I have to complete an affidavit of support. I'm a little confused as there are two forms I-134 or I-186  which one? and do i send the original to her along with my 3 years tax? or can it be email to her? (also do need it notorized)

Q3. she completed the DS-160 already. correct form? Non immigrated visa

Q4. Are there any other fee she has to pay other the fee i've already paid.

Sorry this is a lot of questions. thank you for helping me.

Which country is the beneficiary in? This matters because each embassy does things a little differently.

Also you're asking about K-1 but your profile says you filed for an IR/CR-1 or spouse visa.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Should put the country of the beneficiary on your profile that way you get linked to the forum for Cambodia. That way other members dealing with that specific embassy can see your post.

Again each embassy does things a bit differently. Like for instance, in the Philippines, there is no packet 3. You just do the medical and schedule interview on your own and get all paperwork together. Where as some other countries do send an invitation letter with instructions to the beneficiary as to what to do. As to cambodia, I am unsure exactly how they do things there.

As for the DS-160, that is correct one.

And I-134 form is what you will use. I-864 will be for AOS in the states after marriage.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

Here's a few older posts about packet 3 from the embassy in Cambodia.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
Just now, 4izenough said:

Thank you Ben for your help

If that doesnt answer your exact needs try using search bar up top right corner and search for specific topics.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.