Abimbola

How long will it take Lagos embassy to schedule our immigrant visa interview

10 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Abimbola said:

We just got a confirmation that our case has been completed and will be sent to the Nigerian embassy for interview appointment, how long will it take for us to get an interview date?.Anyone experienced it before?

Hi Abimbola, Congrats! Since you don't have your Timeline complete, it is not easy for us to answer you quickly.

I saw from other posts you replied that you are a F3 beneficiary with a Priority Date from October 5th, 2005. The interviews depend on the Visa Bulletin, which for February is at Nov 15, 2005. If your case was completed, you should be contacted soon, if not, call your embassy to be sure they schedule it.

Edited by Tenreyro

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

2 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Hi Abimbola, Congrats! Since you don't have your Timeline complete, it is not easy for us to answer you quickly.

I saw from other posts you replied that you are a F3 beneficiary with a Priority Date from October 5th, 2005. The interviews depend on the Visa Bulletin, which for February is at Nov 15, 2005. If your case was completed, you should be contacted soon, if not, call your embassy to be sure they schedule it.

Thanks so much Tenroro.

I will just like to know abouts days or months.

Thanks for your reply.

53 minutes ago, Abimbola said:

Thanks so much Tenroro.

I will just like to know abouts days or months.

Thanks for your reply.

I did a little research around the forum, and usually after the case was completed, the users reported having an interview by the Nigerian embassy only few days later, but also some reported that it took like 2 weeks. The date was set for a date around 3 weeks after they were contacted. Good luck! And keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again Tenreyro,our interview was set exactly 3days after i made the post.

Our interview date six weeks long.

Thank you so much.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:36 PM, Tenreyro said:

I did a little research around the forum, and usually after the case was completed, the users reported having an interview by the Nigerian embassy only few days later, but also some reported that it took like 2 weeks. The date was set for a date around 3 weeks after they were contacted. Good luck! And keep us updated!

Thanks Tenreyro.

Our interview was set 

20 hours ago, Abimbola said:

Thanks again Tenreyro,our interview was set exactly 3days after i made the post.

Thank you so much.

Thanks Tenreyro.

Our interview was set 

Congratulations!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

• 5 years later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 4:04 AM, Tenreyro said:

Congratulations!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

This is really encouraging. Sincerely hope all the PD that has become current will get interview soon. It’s been a snail walk lately 

On 2/11/2018 at 7:27 AM, Abimbola said:

Thank you so much.

Thanks Tenreyro.

Our interview was set 

This is really encouraging. Sincerely hope all the PD that has become current will get interview soon. It’s been a snail walk lately 

6 hours ago, Walewale said:

This thread is 5 years old - pre-Covid backlog times. Best to only stick to recent threads as things may have changed considerably since then. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now locked.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.