Sanju

Administrative Processing after Interview

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

My wife has won DV  and we have completed our interview on January 11 2018. CO took our PP and said visa will deliver with in 1 week to related post. But till now we didnot received any confirmation and when i search status of our visa, we found AP. Can anyone help me to update about it. 

what will be happen on our case?? is there anything wrong with us??

Until when we need to wait or need to contact consular office by email or call???

If nothing about AP was said at the interview, it’s probably just something they need to double check or confirm before issuing the visa. Impossible for us to say what it is or how long it will take, AP covers a huge possible variety of things. If no further documents were asked for you could just wait, or you could try contact the embassy to get some idea of issue or timing - though it’s unlikely you’d get much more than a standard response about AP, you might get lucky and get some more detail.

What country are you from?  Is it a standard DV entry qualifying on high school diploma?

Hi Susie,

We are from Nepal. Yes it is Standard DV entry.

Can you please suggest that when can we contract to the embassy. I mean to say that after how many days?? We just did interview on 11 Jan. So it is already 13days passed. So, can we contact/write email to embassy now?? or we need to wait for 60days as said by embassy on their website!!!

Please suggest.....

2 hours ago, Sanju said:

Hi Susie,

We are from Nepal. Yes it is Standard DV entry.

Can you please suggest that when can we contract to the embassy. I mean to say that after how many days?? We just did interview on 11 Jan. So it is already 13days passed. So, can we contact/write email to embassy now?? or we need to wait for 60days as said by embassy on their website!!!

Please suggest.....

When you talk about days passed remember to take weekends and US holidays (MLK day) out.  So it’s only maybe 6 or 7 working days. In your shoes I would contact the embassy after about another week seeing as they told you to expect the visa in a week rather than waiting 60 days, I’m not sure if they’ll tell you anything specific though. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

I went for my dv interview on 20 feb 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. After the interview I was told that everything is ok but was given back my Passport and a Yellow letter, saying that my case was under administrative Process and that they will contanct me after the process, if there would not be any issue with my case they will ask me to send my passport to the embassy for Visa APPROVAL. kindly help! my medical is expiring in April and i fear the administrative process could take a long time thus forcing me to undergo repeat medical test. Asked the interviewer how long the process would take and he said weeks but on the letter it says the the process could take 90 days.

1 hour ago, Schwer said:

Hi guys !

I went to interview with my wife who won the lottery.after that they give us a letter 221 g and ask us waiting for their call. Next day I went online to check my case and was under Administrative process for 2 weeks. But yesterday I checked again and became refused without calling us or email us . Plz help

Unfortunately it looks like your case was denied. Usually they would only call or email you to tell you to send more documents or pick up your visa, there is no reason to call if denied. Sorry for the bad news.

Do you know what the 221g was issued for? Did they give you back your passports after the interview? May I ask what embassy?

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Unfortunately it looks like your case was denied. Usually they would only call or email you to tell you to send more documents or pick up your visa, there is no reason to call if denied. Sorry for the bad news.

Do you know what the 221g was issued for? Did they give you back your passports after the interview? May I ask what embassy?

221 g for administrative processing and they don't take my passport during interview. We just married after she got the first letter of winning and we waiting for child too 🙃.

4 minutes ago, Schwer said:

221 g for administrative processing and they don't take my passport during interview. We just married after she got the first letter of winning and we waiting for child too 🙃.

221g is always for AP, I meant did you know what the reason for AP was? They were trying to check if your marriage was genuine?

1 hour ago, Schwer said:

We had a baby coming ( marriage isnt fake )and also we are college degree too. If is denied the law said he must tell us after interview, correct ?

No, there is no obligation to tell you immediately after the interview. If they do administrative processing the outcome can be either issuance or denial - the reason for AP happening in the first place is that they don’t have enough information to make a final decision at the interview itself. 

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

No, there is no obligation to tell you immediately after the interview. If they do administrative processing the outcome can be either issuance or denial - the reason for AP happening in the first place is that they don’t have enough information to make a final decision at the interview itself. 

What I must to do now plz. Do you recommend to email them ....any suggestions plz

1 hour ago, Schwer said:

What I must to do now plz. Do you recommend to email them ....any suggestions plz

You can try, but i don’t think it will help - a refusal is a refusal, it means the decision has now been made, and there is no appeal process for consular decisions. 

What consulate is it?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.