F2AOct

F2A NBC 2016 Filers

557 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, HoangXu said:

Right, they do not know much about their job. My green card was produced and mailed but ended up undeliverable. I made a service request to have it resent but instead of resending it, they told me to file I-90 to get it replaced even though the card was returned back to uscis. It is not lost or stolen. Make sure you guys put your name in the mail box. I saw a lot of cases like me. 

You can register the Informed delivery service of USPS here https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

When they begin to send your mail within a day, they will text you, so you can wait and check your mailbox, to avoid package thief.

You may also notify the USPS about your name and address.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:47 PM, Umang Shukla said:

Who know what policies do these immigration officers follow.

BTW at the beginning, the IO thought that I am adjusting based on my I-140 which was also approved but PD is eons away from becoming current.

I had to tell her that AOS is based on I-130. These officers are no better than DMV workers just work in a less rush environment.

Did not even know what the difference between Computer and Mechanical Engineering was. How would she interview for I-485 based on employment?

Was your I-693 expired? It should be valid for 1 year. 

Did they ask for your I-130 from NVC?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, SamSam85 said:

Was your I-693 expired? It should be valid for 1 year. 

Did they ask for your I-130 from NVC?

I received the RFE and submitted my response to USCIS yesterday.

The RFE said the same thing they say on their website. 1 year validity from date of submission and not from the date when exam was done.

Also one must submit the form I-693 within a year of the examination.

The officer misinterpreted the date when doctor signs as the date of submission. I submitted in Oct. 2017 and the exam was done in May 2017 so as per the USCIS website the form should have been valid.

If your interview is closer to the date of submission, just get your medical exam done

Category:                       F2A (Wife Green card Holder)

Current Visa:                 H1B

I-130 Priority Date:       09 March 2016

I-130 Service Center:   CSC

I-130 Approval:             18 July 2016

I-485, I-765, I-131:        03 Oct 2017

Filing Location:             NBC (MSC)

I-485, I-765 FP/Bio:      02 Nov 2017

Field Office:                  Jacksonville, FL

EAD/AP:                         04 May 2018

AOS Interview Date:     30 July 2018

RFE for I-693:                06 Aug 2018
RFE Response:             08 Aug 2018
AOS Case Approved:   17 Aug 2018
Green Card Received:   Pending

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, HoangXu said:

Right, they do not know much about their job. My green card was produced and mailed but ended up undeliverable. I made a service request to have it resent but instead of resending it, they told me to file I-90 to get it replaced even though the card was returned back to uscis. It is not lost or stolen. Make sure you guys put your name in the mail box. I saw a lot of cases like me. 

This is pathetic from USCIS. I guess I will ask the post office to hold the shipment.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys, if you don't mind, please share your experience at the interview.

Today, my status changed to "Interview was scheduled", I'm just waiting for the date.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Oct17F2A said:

Today, my status changed to "Interview was scheduled", I'm just waiting for the date.

Thank you.

My interview was quick. The officer didn’t ask us anything about our relationship. She only asked me the questions in the form I-485. I think they don’t have doubts about relationships of F2A cases. She asked us if we have anything to leave. I left my car insurance and apartment lease which have our names on them. I also gave her our photo book, but she just looked through and gave it back. Finally, she told us that my I-130 was not there, so she had to request it from NVC then reviewed it. My case was approved a month later since the interview. 

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Oct17F2A said:

Thank you.

So at first the officer thought that I am adjusting based on I-140 and not I-130 so she asked for I-485J.

I said what? And then dumbo looked at the file and discovered that I also have an I-130 approved and I-485 was filed based on that case.

Starts asking questions about how we met, Bank documents, Deed of Home purchase, Car Insurance etc.

Asked for 2016 and 2017 joint returns and asked when my wife worked and also where I worked. She did not know the difference between Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering. I wonder how she conducts employment based interviews.

Took a few printed 4x6 photos from the album and added it to the file.

Asks that where is I-693. I said I submitted it in Oct 2017. She looks at it and says need a new one now as the date on the Form is May 2017. So told me that I will get a RFE.

(According to USCIS website though my Medical is still valid).

In the end told me to submit the new I-693 so she can reach a final decision.

Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 1:36 PM, HoangXu said:

My interview was quick. The officer didn’t ask us anything about our relationship. She only asked me the questions in the form I-485. I think they don’t have doubts about relationships of F2A cases. She asked us if we have anything to leave. I left my car insurance and apartment lease which have our names on them. I also gave her our photo book, but she just looked through and gave it back. Finally, she told us that my I-130 was not there, so she had to request it from NVC then reviewed it. My case was approved a month later since the interview. 

Thank you! I read you were on F1 status, did you drop off school before the interview?

Timeline

My card is being produced. Now I will have to wait for USPS to screw it all up ! LOL

Timeline
4 hours ago, Umang Shukla said:

My card is being produced. Now I will have to wait for USPS to screw it all up ! LOL

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new status! 

40 minutes ago, SamSam85 said:

Hi guys, did your lawyer attend the interview with you?

I don’t have a lawyer. 

1 hour ago, SamSam85 said:

it shouldn't matter if you leave school before interview as long as your were a fultime student at time of filing.

Yes, after the application is received, you can drop classes. But I recommend people to maintain their f1 status because the interviewer may not like that. 

6 hours ago, HoangXu said:

I don’t have a lawyer. 

Yes, after the application is received, you can drop classes. But I recommend people to maintain their f1 status because the interviewer may not like that. 

Did the officer ask about the I130 approval notice? I cant seem to find mine. Can I take the receipt and snapshot of USCIS website showing that its approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.