redur47

change of status J1 to F1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,  i have not 2 years rule, My visa expired on september 27 , i applied J1 to B2 on september 18 and got I 797C , and than i decided to apply for change of status J1 to F1 ,i write a petition for change to F1  instead  B2 but my all the documents  came back with a white paper . i don't know what is this document 

Adsız.png

Timeline
11 hours ago, redur47 said:

Hello everyone,  i have not 2 years rule, My visa expired on september 27 , i applied J1 to B2 on september 18 and got I 797C , and than i decided to apply for change of status J1 to F1 ,i write a petition for change to F1  instead  B2 but my all the documents  came back with a white paper . i don't know what is this document 

Adsız.png

up

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

If you are now getting a F1 visa, have you tried contacting your school? Their int. office should help 

Local Field office: Raleigh, NC

Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
Date Received: 01/30/2018
Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
EAD sent me to: 5/31
I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
EAD in hand: 6/4
i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

You cannot get an F1 earlier than 30 days before starting classes. When do classes start? 

I think you are making a huge gamble here. You had a J1, now you have a B2, and you want an F1. You seem to basically want to stay in the US doing nothing for a year since classes start in September again. That is a big no-no and it can hinder your chances at getting the F1.

Taking into consideration that changing to an F1 in the US can take up to 6 months and a lot of people on VJ have been unsuccessful. Your case will raise a lot of red flags too because of all your changes of status.

You should go home and apply for an F1 there.

I think the letter is because you want to change from J1 to F1 but now you cannot do that because the J1 expired. They are considering your case as an "inquiry", maybe it got put together with your previous request to change from J1 to B2. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 04.01.2018 at 2:51 PM, Coco8 said:

You cannot get an F1 earlier than 30 days before starting classes. When do classes start? 

I think you are making a huge gamble here. You had a J1, now you have a B2, and you want an F1. You seem to basically want to stay in the US doing nothing for a year since classes start in September again. That is a big no-no and it can hinder your chances at getting the F1.

Taking into consideration that changing to an F1 in the US can take up to 6 months and a lot of people on VJ have been unsuccessful. Your case will raise a lot of red flags too because of all your changes of status.

You should go home and apply for an F1 there.

I think the letter is because you want to change from J1 to F1 but now you cannot do that because the J1 expired. They are considering your case as an "inquiry", maybe it got put together with your previous request to change from J1 to B2. 

i sent one more time and They got my application a weeks ago. how long time i should to wait ? and if they declined my application, Can I appeal? 

8 hours ago, redur47 said:

i sent one more time and They got my application a weeks ago. how long time i should to wait ? and if they declined my application, Can I appeal? 

They will not accept your application. I have already told you why. Classes have already started. It can take them up to 6 months to reply. You have already overstayed your current visa and should not be in the US.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Coco8 said:

They will not accept your application. I have already told you why. Classes have already started. It can take them up to 6 months to reply. You have already overstayed your current visa and should not be in the US.

it doesnt matter if i get approved or not,  i Just want to stay couple more month legaly 

12 minutes ago, redur47 said:

it doesnt matter if i get approved or not,  i Just want to stay couple more month legaly 

At this point do whatever you want. You are basically saying you are trying to change to other visas only to be able to stay in the US, not because you actually want that visa. That is WRONG. 

You are just wasting everyone's time on the board.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

At this point do whatever you want. You are basically saying you are trying to change to other visas only to be able to stay in the US, not because you actually want that visa. That is WRONG. 

You are just wasting everyone's time on the board.

No, if i get f1 Visa i will start to school,  i want to stay here until august because my wife live here,  and i don't want to be illegal,  i want to stay legaly

5 hours ago, redur47 said:

No, if i get f1 Visa i will start to school,  i want to stay here until august because my wife live here,  and i don't want to be illegal,  i want to stay legaly

You just said you want to stay because of your wife. That is not a reason to get an F1 visa and it is not a reason for ask for adjustment of status within the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.