Manuela Santos

Administrative Process in Dominican Republic

11 posts in this topic

If anyone has experienced this or has information that can help me understand, I would greatly appreciate your input.  We had our interview in October. At the time we were told everything is in order and they kept my fiance's passport.  They asked him to drop off the original legalized copies of his 2 children's birth certificate and after that they would contact him in 7-10 days to pick up his Visa. ( They asked for the birth certificates even though his children will not be traveling to US, only my finace).  He dropped them off as requested. Two weeks later they asked him to show up at the embassy for further instructions and gave him 221G requesting DNA tests for his children and returned his passport to him. I consulted an immigration attorney and was told they did this in error because the children are not traveling with him, but they have the right to ask for anything they want and it's best to comply.  We paid $500 for each DNA and the embassy received the results late November. I was assuming once they were received his Visa would be issued.  Instead today he recieved a call asking him to set up an appointment online to see a consular regarding his case.  I recieved an email with several upcoming dates asking to select one for 221G follow up.  I am totally freaking out because I feel like this is a second interview and I cannot be present! If everything was in order would'nt they just notify him that his Visa is ready and to drop off his passport?? This has been the most dreadful process. It feels like a never ending nightmare!!! They dont answer any questions or give us any information at all. I really dont know how much more of this I can take :(:(       

1 minute ago, gregcrs2 said:

Was DNA testing arranged through the embassy?

Yes. The 221G instructed us what lab to arrange the tests and results were sent directly to the embassy. We followed all instruction as requested.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trying to think of reasons for this but it all seems strange.  It appears they want to confirm he is the biological father and not someone who claims to be the father.  There's a black market for legal documents such as birth certificates.  So it seems there was doubt about the birth certificates provided, perhaps it displayed characteristics of a fraudulent document, and therefore the reason behind the DNA testing.  I just can't think of why they want him to have another appointment.

1 hour ago, Manuela Santos said:

If anyone has experienced this or has information that can help me understand, I would greatly appreciate your input.  We had our interview in October. At the time we were told everything is in order and they kept my fiance's passport.  They asked him to drop off the original legalized copies of his 2 children's birth certificate and after that they would contact him in 7-10 days to pick up his Visa. ( They asked for the birth certificates even though his children will not be traveling to US, only my finace).  He dropped them off as requested. Two weeks later they asked him to show up at the embassy for further instructions and gave him 221G requesting DNA tests for his children and returned his passport to him. I consulted an immigration attorney and was told they did this in error because the children are not traveling with him, but they have the right to ask for anything they want and it's best to comply.  We paid $500 for each DNA and the embassy received the results late November. I was assuming once they were received his Visa would be issued.  Instead today he recieved a call asking him to set up an appointment online to see a consular regarding his case.  I recieved an email with several upcoming dates asking to select one for 221G follow up.  I am totally freaking out because I feel like this is a second interview and I cannot be present! If everything was in order would'nt they just notify him that his Visa is ready and to drop off his passport?? This has been the most dreadful process. It feels like a never ending nightmare!!! They dont answer any questions or give us any information at all. I really dont know how much more of this I can take :(:(       

I AM FROM DR, my interview was on november 20, i was put on AP because a wrong police record, on december 15 they issued my visa and i pick up my passport on december 20,and on december 22 i was with my fiance at USA.

i checked my status daily on ceac check visa status, once say issued then you check on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is ready for pick up.

i hope everything go ok and quick with your case.

i know how painfull is be on AP

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

17 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Trying to think of reasons for this but it all seems strange.  It appears they want to confirm he is the biological father and not someone who claims to be the father.  There's a black market for legal documents such as birth certificates.  So it seems there was doubt about the birth certificates provided, perhaps it displayed characteristics of a fraudulent document, and therefore the reason behind the DNA testing.  I just can't think of why they want him to have another appointment.

You are correct about the birth certificates, specially in DR.  The email I received yesterday said 221G appointment. His appointment is tomorrow morning.  All we can do is pray. This has been a long and painful process and it has certainly taken a toll on me.  

16 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

I AM FROM DR, my interview was on november 20, i was put on AP because a wrong police record, on december 15 they issued my visa and i pick up my passport on december 20,and on december 22 i was with my fiance at USA.

i checked my status daily on ceac check visa status, once say issued then you check on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is ready for pick up.

i hope everything go ok and quick with your case.

i know how painfull is be on AP

I am so glad to hear that! Congratulations and welcome to USA :)

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, gregcrs2 said:

Just to update you.  This morning Robert had his second interview and his Visa was approved!!!!!! They took his passport and told him to pick it up in 10 days!!!! :jest::jest::jest: God is Great!!!!!

On 29/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, Manuela Santos said:

Just to update you.  This morning Robert had his second interview and his Visa was approved!!!!!! They took his passport and told him to pick it up in 10 days!!!! :jest::jest::jest: God is Great!!!!!

congratulationssss, just check the status on ustravel for his passport he can get it before 10 days

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.