Eph320

Tax return or tax transcript

5 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to all! I needed your advice 😣😭

Im preparing my Adjustment of status from  B2 Visa .Been married for 18 years but stayed oversees because of ministry. But now were back. 

We first send my husbands tax return. Waited for a couple of weeks till it arrived. Then we need to amend it( return it to adjust our taxes which kncludes our kids). We have been waiting frlm the IRS for a long time and still nothing came in YET. 

Question 1. For filing the I 864 do we just needed a phtocopy of 1040 tax return? We havent paid because we are still waiting for IRS response if approved or not. Or do we need to wait for it, pay request tax transcript. 

Another point is we have a friend who is wling to be a joint sponsor. 

My I 94 departure will be Jan 29, 2018. My 10 year visa will end July 2018.

Filed: Timeline

For the 864 you can either submit the transcript or a copy of the 1040 along with ALL attached schedules and W2s. Basically whatever you used to fill out the return you need to attach copies of. This can be 1099s, W2s, etc. Everyone has something different. 

14 minutes ago, Eph320 said:

Merry Christmas to all! I needed your advice 😣😭

Im preparing my Adjustment of status from  B2 Visa .Been married for 18 years but stayed oversees because of ministry. But now were back. 

We first send my husbands tax return. Waited for a couple of weeks till it arrived. Then we need to amend it( return it to adjust our taxes which kncludes our kids). We have been waiting frlm the IRS for a long time and still nothing came in YET. 

Question 1. For filing the I 864 do we just needed a phtocopy of 1040 tax return? We havent paid because we are still waiting for IRS response if approved or not. Or do we need to wait for it, pay request tax transcript. 

Another point is we have a friend who is wling to be a joint sponsor. 

My I 94 departure will be Jan 29, 2018. My 10 year visa will end July 2018.

Check if you can get Tax account transcript from IRS website , that will be the best option since it shows any amend on tax return. 1099,W2, employment letter or pay stubs etc.  will work as well. If you are planning to use a joint sponsor, you will need to file I-864 for joint sponsor  including all necessary proofs to confirm friend's income

-

On 12/14/2017 at 2:22 PM, mrahman14 said:

Check if you can get Tax account transcript from IRS website , that will be the best option since it shows any amend on tax return. 1099,W2, employment letter or pay stubs etc.  will work as well. If you are planning to use a joint sponsor, you will need to file I-864 for joint sponsor  including all necessary proofs to confirm friend's income

-

Thank you. I will try to get transcript by phone. Do you think its possible, were waiting for IRS letter to arrived so we can pay 2016 amended tax.

1 hour ago, Eph320 said:

Thank you. I will try to get transcript by phone. Do you think its possible, were waiting for IRS letter to arrived so we can pay 2016 amended tax.

For your case it is bit tricky  since  IRS amendment process is not completed yet .May be one of other VJ member can give some better advice on this. Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.