capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes

Okay!  well it worked but it said 

" Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

You entered a valid number, but we are not able to show the tracking information for one of the following reasons:

• The item is in transit, but we haven't yet received it from the sender
  • The item is coming from another country and is not in Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
  • The item was shipped more than a year ago
  • The sender chose a service that doesn't include tracking"

This means that the consulate hasn't sent it off yet... correct? :( I hope they do it soon like tomorrow just in case Canada Post does go on Strike :( I am so anxious!

2 minutes ago, esyoue said:

Okay!  well it worked but it said 

" Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

You entered a valid number, but we are not able to show the tracking information for one of the following reasons:

• The item is in transit, but we haven't yet received it from the sender
  • The item is coming from another country and is not in Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
  • The item was shipped more than a year ago
  • The sender chose a service that doesn't include tracking"

This means that the consulate hasn't sent it off yet... correct? :( I hope they do it soon like tomorrow just in case Canada Post does go on Strike :( I am so anxious!

Hmmmm.

When you go on CEAC what is the date listed below your issued status?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

2 minutes ago, esyoue said:

The status says ISSUED and the below says

Case Created:

19-Sep-2018
Case Last Updated: 20-Sep-2018

Well some will say there are two times it will say "issued". Meaning it will say "issued' twice during it's time of preparation to be shipped to you.

1) your Visa will go through "administrative processing" while the consular office is going through the final processes of issuing you the Visa before it changes to "issued" meaning the embassy is done processing the Visa and it is ready to be issued. 

2) then your Visa will head to the logistics department where it will go through "administrative processing" again before it is finally is ready to be shipped wherein it will finally get the final "issued" status.

Sometimes this process is so fast that you would never catch the status changes on CEAC changing from "administrative processing" to "issued" and back to "administrative processing" and then the final "issued" status. Again this is just some calculated guesswork that I have read on here that maybe a wives tale to explain why some visas get to the issued status and then it goes back to administrative processing.

It is a possibility that you are only on the first "issued" status and still need it to be prepped for shipment OR you just reached the final "issued" status on the 20th which was today and that it has been shipped today or been prepared for shipment but not picked up by CP and you'll still need to wait for CP to get it to you.

No way you can tell and no way you're gonna know when it leaves until that magic tracking number starts working.

10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well some will say there are two times it will say "issued". Meaning it will say "issued' twice during it's time of preparation to be shipped to you.

1) your Visa will go through "administrative processing" while the consular office is going through the final processes of issuing you the Visa before it changes to "issued" meaning the embassy is done processing the Visa and it is ready to be issued. 

2) then your Visa will head to the logistics department where it will go through "administrative processing" again before it is finally is ready to be shipped wherein it will finally get the final "issued" status.

Sometimes this process is so fast that you would never catch the status changes on CEAC changing from "administrative processing" to "issued" and back to "administrative processing" and then the final "issued" status. Again this is just some calculated guesswork that I have read on here that maybe a wives tale to explain why some visas get to the issued status and then it goes back to administrative processing.

It is a possibility that you are only on the first "issued" status and still need it to be prepped for shipment OR you just reached the final "issued" status on the 20th which was today and that it has been shipped today or been prepared for shipment but not picked up by CP and you'll still need to wait for CP to get it to you.

No way you can tell and no way you're gonna know when it leaves until that magic tracking number starts working.

that makes total sense!! I just hope it is before Wednesday or Canada Post just doesn't go on Strike!! :) 

Thank you so much for your help :) 

3 minutes ago, esyoue said:

that makes total sense!! I just hope it is before Wednesday or Canada Post just doesn't go on Strike!! :) 

Thank you so much for your help :) 

I doubt you have to worry my dear! 

Check that CEAC status again in the morning and see if the date shifted and then keep checking CPTracking so you can set up to be notified when it has been received by CP for shipment. You still have all of tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get P3?

Our tracker changed to "Ready"on September 7 and I attempted to submit P3 on Friday. I got an email this morning saying they are still processing our case and not to submit P3 until they say so 🤧

I've been told to attempt to submit P3 every few days by multiple people, so I'm wondering if I should just wait for P3 in the mail or continue to submit every 4-5 days

2 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get P3?

Our tracker changed to "Ready"on September 7 and I attempted to submit P3 on Friday. I got an email this morning saying they are still processing our case and not to submit P3 until they say so 🤧

I've been told to attempt to submit P3 every few days by multiple people, so I'm wondering if I should just wait for P3 in the mail or continue to submit every 4-5 days

P3 will be issued to you when they have prepared your petition for the Visa application stage at the embassy. You can choose to annoy them with disregarding what they told you to do in the email and hope they dont hold it against you or you can wait like a nice, morally sound Canadian. Your call. Mine took 14 days. 

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

P3 will be issued to you when they have prepared your petition for the Visa application stage at the embassy. You can choose to annoy them with disregarding what they told you to do in the email and hope they dont hold it against you or you can wait like a nice, morally sound Canadian. Your call. Mine took 14 days. 

Thanks @K1visaHopeful !

I think I'll wait at this point. Another week or two won't kill me I suppose🙆‍♀️

4 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Thanks @K1visaHopeful !

I think I'll wait at this point. Another week or two won't kill me I suppose🙆‍♀️

PS it took 10 days for me to get P3 after I sent an email enquiry to MTL about when I would be receiving P3 and received the same "please wait" email. Should be soon. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

PS it took 10 days for me to get P3 after I sent an email enquiry to MTL about when I would be receiving P3 and received the same "please wait" email. Should be soon. 

Good to know! Did you get P3 by email or mail?

Just now, SR_CAN said:

Good to know! Did you get P3 by email or mail?

Both and on the same day. 

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Both and on the same day. 

Oh weird! I've also heard that some people get P3 AND P4 in the mail at the same time. Everything seems so unpredictable baha

Just now, SR_CAN said:

Oh weird! I've also heard that some people get P3 AND P4 in the mail at the same time. Everything seems so unpredictable baha

Well that depends if you force fed them the P3. If you had and they approved you to be able to schedule the interview then of course they would have sent you P4 at the same time if they hadn't sent you the P3 yet. Both packets contain important but different info so they are obligated to send you both. It's not unpredictable if you follow the process and don't overstep it.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well that depends if you force fed them the P3. If you had and they approved you to be able to schedule the interview then of course they would have sent you P4 at the same time if they hadn't sent you the P3 yet. Both packets contain important but different info so they are obligated to send you both. It's not unpredictable if you follow the process and don't overstep it.

Ooo this makes much more sense!! Thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.