Lee168

affidavit of support from joint sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i need to enlighten about this, i got at rfe asking for proof of evidence from my joint sponsor like w2, certificate of employment, pay stubs for 6 months because i just only submitted her tax transcript which reflects their combine salary of her husband. The problem is my joint sponsor is so busy so she cannot provide me the necessary docs right away. What im planning is to obtain a new joint sponsor to replace her. So i got this a friend of my mom who is a retired US citizen. So what he did was he filled up the form i-864 with the following attachments: 1040 for 3 years (combined with his wife), 1099, joint bank account with his wife,  ssa, mutual funds/401k, evidence of assets (his name and his wife’s name on it). The wife just passed away last june, i want to know do i need also to get a photocopy of death certificate of his wife and submit it together with the new form i-864 to the immigration? Because his current household size is already 1 but the taxes he filed for the recent 3 years was combined. Please anyone who can give answers to these. Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

if there part of SS is not taxable it require special paperwork to be able to claim that part of the income 

according to lawyer i had for a short time when we talked of income he gave me a list of what immigration requires and they look only at line 37 of tax retursn 

untaxable income is not included

7 minutes ago, kris&me said:

if there part of SS is not taxable it require special paperwork to be able to claim that part of the income 

according to lawyer i had for a short time when we talked of income he gave me a list of what immigration requires and they look only at line 37 of tax retursn 

Hi, thanks for the reply, his ss is taxable. What i need to know is do i also have to submit the death certificate of his wife as proof that the current household size is 1. Because in the tax return they filed, it’s combined

29 minutes ago, kris&me said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, his ss is taxable. What i need to know is do i also have to submit the death certificate of his wife as proof that the current household size is 1. Because in the tax return they filed, it’s combined

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

yes,  you should / it is not  a  bad idea to submit any additional documents to support your case / in this case it will be one less to support on the affidavit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.