aasupp

help opening bank account!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, I recently sent my AOS package and Im currently waiting on that process, in the meantime my husband wanted to add me to his bank account so I could have a card, but since I came here as a tourist I dont have any SSN or anything but my tourist visa and passport, so when we went to the bank they deny adding me to his accounts because I dont have these papers. 

I have read that you dont need any SSN to open a bank acc in the US, but it depends on the bank. We tried to do it on OnPoint (we're on the west coast) and have read that other banks allow tourists to open accounts but I just dont want to go to every bank and ask if I can open an account with them. I also need this to send money to my parents, I tried to open a paypal account but to add funds I need a bank account or a card as well...

To sum up, has anyone had any success opening a bank account in one of the banks of the west coast as a tourist? I do have a bill with the address I was living with my husband.

Thank you very much! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, aasupp said:

Hi, I recently sent my AOS package and Im currently waiting on that process, in the meantime my husband wanted to add me to his bank account so I could have a card, but since I came here as a tourist I dont have any SSN or anything but my tourist visa and passport, so when we went to the bank they deny adding me to his accounts because I dont have these papers. 

I have read that you dont need any SSN to open a bank acc in the US, but it depends on the bank. We tried to do it on OnPoint (we're on the west coast) and have read that other banks allow tourists to open accounts but I just dont want to go to every bank and ask if I can open an account with them. I also need this to send money to my parents, I tried to open a paypal account but to add funds I need a bank account or a card as well...

To sum up, has anyone had any success opening a bank account in one of the banks of the west coast as a tourist? I do have a bill with the address I was living with my husband.

Thank you very much! 

Hi,

I was in a similar situation before and I was able to open a bank account with Bank of America. I also had Citibank. Using  my tourist passport and I was able to open a bank account w/o social security number. I'm not 100% sure with this, but I heard that Wells Fargo lets you open a bank account w/o social security number. Try to call them to verify. Good luck! :) 

AOS

10/10/17 – Package sent (Chicago Lockbox)

10/17/17- Package received 

10/25/17 – E-notification (Text & Email) received

10/30/17 – NOA1 Received (From MSC/NBC)

11/03/17 - Biometrics Appointment Received (Appt. 11/14/17)

11/14/15 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765 done

01/08/2018 - Received NOA2 (Request for applicant to appear for initial interview) 

01/17/2018 - EAD/AP approved (Took 92 days)

01/18/2018 - Received Text & Email regarding EAD/AP approval

01/22/2018 - Approval Notice received in the mail

01/22/2018 - EAD/AP card processed and mailed out via USPS. (Estimated delivery date 01/24/2018) 

01/24/2017 - EAD/AP card on hand

02/06/2018 - AOS interview appointment 

02/06/2018 - Interview - Recommended for approval

02/07/2018 - GC being produced

02/15/2018 - GC on hand:dance::dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.