Lola B

Montreal Embassy : Packet 3

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

So I want to know if anyone is in the same situation then us and if you got any suggestions. 

Our case indicated "ready" since Oct 12th - yet nothing until now. No packet 3. No packet 4.

I sent tentatively packet 3 now twice (on Oct 16th and Nov 1st) and still nothing except an email back saying

"In the meantime, carefully note that you are not required to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions".

Why is this taking so long? What can we do?

I know Dec interviews are currently being scheduled and we really wish to be able to schedule our interview in Dec. What are we supposed to do?!

:(

Timeline

Back in the summer, mine took about 3 weeks from saying ready to me receiving packet 4.  I sent packet 3 every time I noticed the date change on the tracker (where it says last updated or something similar).  Finally, I got packet 4 after my 5th time trying.  So just keep an eye on the date and if you notice it change, try sending it again!

Timeline
1 hour ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Back in the summer, mine took about 3 weeks from saying ready to me receiving packet 4.  I sent packet 3 every time I noticed the date change on the tracker (where it says last updated or something similar).  Finally, I got packet 4 after my 5th time trying.  So just keep an eye on the date and if you notice it change, try sending it again!

So... Well suddenly today it indicates "updated Nov.3 " but since I got the email "do not send anything" today idk what to do. Resend packet 3 again now? what would you do?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lola B said:

So... Well suddenly today it indicates "updated Nov.3 " but since I got the email "do not send anything" today idk what to do. Resend packet 3 again now? what would you do?

I also got that email, about a week after I first sent packet 3.  There is no harm in sending it again.  Like I said, I sent mine a total of five times until they responded.  The date may have changed today due to them sending that email,  so if you don't hear back, just keep checking the tracker to see if it changes again.  It's frustrating, but eventually you will get packet 4!!

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, eastcoastgroove said:

I also got that email, about a week after I first sent packet 3.  There is no harm in sending it again.  Like I said, I sent mine a total of five times until they responded.  The date may have changed today due to them sending that email,  so if you don't hear back, just keep checking the tracker to see if it changes again.  It's frustrating, but eventually you will get packet 4!!

lol resent it this morning, they updated date to today after I resent packet3 so now I guess I will wait to see what I will get next and hopefully packet4 not 3 will come in the mail  ;) thank you for your support! T

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 6:16 PM, Lola B said:

Hello, our case was just sent to Montreal after being stuck at NVC for over a month. Where are you checking your status so that it gives a date when it was last updated? Is it on the CEAC site, our is there a place on the consulate website to check your cases status?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lance & Valérie said:

Hello, our case was just sent to Montreal after being stuck at NVC for over a month. Where are you checking your status so that it gives a date when it was last updated? Is it on the CEAC site, our is there a place on the consulate website to check your cases status?

You check the status on the CEAC website but choose "immigrant" visa (not the non immigrant one as I was doing for the longest time and hence was obtainin "no statu") then input the MTL case number as the reference. 

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

can someone please post the packet 3 checklist? My visa got approved but I just want to prepare for upcoming documentation. 

My concern is if we need marriage certificates of previous marriages or if divorce decrees are fine. 

Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

so our case went to ready status on feb 2nd and we just submitted packet 3 today and got the same email you guys got. Thanks @eastcoastgroove for the info. above. I guess I will just have to continue to hang tight. Man, what a process...

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 12:56 PM, aisha1109 said:

so our case went to ready status on feb 2nd and we just submitted packet 3 today and got the same email you guys got. Thanks @eastcoastgroove for the info. above. I guess I will just have to continue to hang tight. Man, what a process...

Did you receive the official packet 3 and 4? 

And if you did is it the same form aswhat they showed you? I see that it was a 2015 form. Did they send you a 2017 update or anything more recent? 

I want to send our packet 3 today

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, KAF said:

Did you receive the official packet 3 and 4? 

And if you did is it the same form aswhat they showed you? I see that it was a 2015 form. Did they send you a 2017 update or anything more recent? 

I want to send our packet 3 today

Hi, never received packet 3 just sent email.

Sorry for late response. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.