Nikkosan

N-400 November 2017 Filers

1,087 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

The myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ website decided to taunt me this morning... LOL

I get the regular 14-day update that "my case is still being reviewed", however, today I received THREE notifications for "Account Update Notification", which usually signifies some sort of movement. 

Sad to say, that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'll give it some time to perhaps change into "interview scheduled"! :D I know, I know, dream on! LOL

I didnt receive regular update yet in 14-days-window

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, GoBig said:

I didnt receive regular update yet in 14-days-window

I suppose you will.

My biometrics were reviewed on November 20, and sure enough, every two weeks since then, I've been receiving them.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

32 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

The myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ website decided to taunt me this morning... LOL

I get the regular 14-day update that "my case is still being reviewed", however, today I received THREE notifications for "Account Update Notification", which usually signifies some sort of movement. 

Sad to say, that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'll give it some time to perhaps change into "interview scheduled"! :D I know, I know, dream on! LOL

Check your case on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do , but  myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  will be updated overnight.

Let us know if it is an interview. :) thing

Timeline
1 minute ago, thmohds said:

Check your case on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do , but  myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  will be updated overnight.

Let us know if it is an interview. :) thing

I did that right away.

Also still stuck on the same:

my_logo.png

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

2 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

I did that right away.

Also still stuck on the same:

my_logo.png

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

That's interesting, I know that website change instantly whenever there is a major change. So my guess is that there is a minor update which could be something like requesting additional documents maybe.. . But yeah the main website will not show anything today, you will see them tomorrow.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, thmohds said:

That's interesting, I know that website change instantly whenever there is a major change. So my guess is that there is a minor update which could be something like requesting additional documents maybe.. . But yeah the main website will not show anything today, you will see them tomorrow.

I'm thinking the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ website logins are triggering it. I just tried to login again, and received another of those updates. ARRRRGH!

Timeline

What would we do without the excitement of USCIS! LOL :D

Timeline
10 minutes ago, thmohds said:

Yup, fun fun. Btw, have you got ur I751 approved yet?

Nope... 😂 

And I don't really see that happening anytime soon. 😣

I just tried logging in from my phone (you know, cookies, etc.), I receive the one time password AND the USCIS account update via email, but only the password via text, whereas, when there was a real update in the past, I would also receive a text for that. So I'm thinking it's just some kind of glitch. 

13 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Nope... 😂 

And I don't really see that happening anytime soon. 😣

I just tried logging in from my phone (you know, cookies, etc.), I receive the one time password AND the USCIS account update via email, but only the password via text, whereas, when there was a real update in the past, I would also receive a text for that. So I'm thinking it's just some kind of glitch. 

Probably it's a glitch but just check back tomorrow. The reason I was asking because I got mine approved, my NOA was Nov 3, 2016 and we have a similar timeline with N400. I have not received the card yet but got the approval letter. That happened after a week of the infopass stamp. What I am trying to say is that N400 did not affect it or hold it till I have two interviews.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, thmohds said:

Probably it's a glitch but just check back tomorrow. The reason I was asking because I got mine approved, my NOA was Nov 3, 2016 and we have a similar timeline with N400. I have not received the card yet but got the approval letter. That happened after a week of the infopass stamp. What I am trying to say is that N400 did not affect it or hold it till I have two interviews.

Yup, I remember seeing that. 

I think not even USCIS knows what's going on. Lol

CSC is just a lost cause and I'm reading of more and more N400 interviews bypassing ROC. 

We shall see. I just don't like not being able to make long term plans for traveling, which we do a lot of. I'm concerned they may schedule an interview for when we're not here and we have to disrupt plans and waste money to get back. 

9 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Yup, I remember seeing that. 

I think not even USCIS knows what's going on. Lol

CSC is just a lost cause and I'm reading of more and more N400 interviews bypassing ROC. 

We shall see. I just don't like not being able to make long term plans for traveling, which we do a lot of. I'm concerned they may schedule an interview for when we're not here and we have to disrupt plans and waste money to get back. 

Yup and I have the same concern, I am travelling outside the whole month of March and if I don't hear anything about the interview this month that means it's gonna be on March, I was monitoring some cases and all of them got a month between the notification and the actual interview. So if I don't get a notification this month then it highly likely it's gonna be next month. The problem with scheduling interview is that they push you about 3-6 months away.

Timeline
2 hours ago, thmohds said:

Yup and I have the same concern, I am travelling outside the whole month of March and if I don't hear anything about the interview this month that means it's gonna be on March, I was monitoring some cases and all of them got a month between the notification and the actual interview. So if I don't get a notification this month then it highly likely it's gonna be next month. The problem with scheduling interview is that they push you about 3-6 months away.

Yes, there usually seems to be a 1-month notice between notice of interview scheduled and the actual interview. It still doesn't help if it happens to be at a time when we're not in the country, especially because BOTH of us would have to come back in our specific case, since we have yet to be approved for ROC.

Let's just hope it all falls nicely into place for all of us!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Why dont you think that he interview could not be later in the year?

04/2006 - came to US as L1 employee

04/2010 - got married

11/2010 - submitted AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765)

05/2011 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

11/2017 - Filed for naturalization (Online Houston office)

11/2017 - Biometrics

06/2018 - Interview (passed)

06/2018 - Case approved notification

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.