I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Ah Bless.....where did you find the clip art? I walked into work today (after getting my visa approved at the London Embassy on Thursday) and the office girls had Red, white and blue everywhere-party favors, hats, sparkly star table confetti. One gal had even baked a cake (she does wedding cakes as a small side business) decorated like the US flag.

It was really lovely.....but, I have to say it was just a bit odd on St. George's Day. Thank you for remembering.....cuz aren't you the USC? :star:

Sent forms to attorney 10-12-06

NOA1...........................11-17-06

NOA2............................2-15-07

NVC rcv'd......................2-22-07

NVC sent 2 embassy.......2-23-07

Rcv'd Packet 3................3-2-07

Packet 3 sent..................3-9-07

Medical scheduled............3-29-07

Interview-Approved.........4-19-07

Flight to USA....................5-26-07

Wedding..........................5-30-07

AOS Journey

Applied for SSN in married name .........6-27-07

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago......6-29-07

SSN received (Wow! that was quick!).....7-3-07

NOA1 for AOS and AP ..........................7-16-07 (EAD amount wrong...oops, added $70 extra for biometrics

Checks cashed for AOS and AP.............7-19-07

Passed Michigan Driver's Test................7-31-07

Biometrics for AOS ..............................8-01-07

AP approved........................................8-09-07 (Day 24)

AOS Interview......................................10-25-07 (APPROVED)

Card production ordered.......................10-30-07

GC rec'd..............................................11-5-07 (w/effective date 10-25-07

Removing Conditions

Mailed pkg........................................9-10-09

NOA .................................................9-14-09

Biometrics.........................................10-23-09

Card Production Ordered (At Last!!).01-13-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am the USC, that is true. But he's been to July 4th parties here, why shouldn't I learn about St. George's Day. I also had a smashing (yet non-flammable) Bonfire Night party back in November.

I found the clipart by googling "St George's Day" via google images.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I wonder if there are any English socities in the US that celebrate St georges day?

I know in Chicago the Taffia - the Welsh society - do their best to promote St David's Day on March 1st, they even managed to get on the local news this year. They also light up the Empire State Building in red and green as March 1st has been officially recognised as the 'day of the Welsh' by the US government.

Does anyone know if anything interesting happened for St George's day though? Any Morris dancers perform in Time Square or anything?

Met in Wales November 2004

Got engaged Feb 2007

Sent I-129F to NSC Mar 6th 2007

Embassy interview 11th Sep 2007

Arrived in US 15th Sep 2007

Married Oct 12th 2007

Sent AOS forms Nov 13th 2007

Biometrics Dec 14th 2007

EAD/AP received Jan 22nd 2008

Green Card interview Mar 23rd 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
It was St George's Day yesterday? I didn't see a single cross of St. George flag yesterday...bizarre! :huh:

Not really strange - we are infamous for not celebrating our Patron Saint's day in England. I think there was some survey or other that confirmed more people in England knew the date of St Patrick's Day than St George's Day. Also, until the last few years when sports have brought flags to the fore, we have not been a flag-flying nation like the US. I like to see the flags though, it would be nice to see a few more.

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Filed: Timeline
Yup, St George may be the patron Saint of England, but pretty much not one person celebrates it. The only time you'll see the England flag flying everywhere is for World Cup football etc etc.

Yeah you can't swing a cat anywhere without seeing 50 zillion England Flags, and Michael Owen's face at ASDA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Yup, St George may be the patron Saint of England, but pretty much not one person celebrates it. The only time you'll see the England flag flying everywhere is for World Cup football etc etc.

Yeah you can't swing a cat anywhere without seeing 50 zillion England Flags, and Michael Owen's face at ASDA

He was in an Asda advert and people were looking at his FACE?! :)

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

LOL well the asda by my house had this banner outside the building which was huge & basically just his face ;) I think they did it for the last Euro as well

It was St George's Day yesterday? I didn't see a single cross of St. George flag yesterday...bizarre! :huh:

Not really strange - we are infamous for not celebrating our Patron Saint's day in England. I think there was some survey or other that confirmed more people in England knew the date of St Patrick's Day than St George's Day. Also, until the last few years when sports have brought flags to the fore, we have not been a flag-flying nation like the US. I like to see the flags though, it would be nice to see a few more.

I know this, but in previous years at least you'd see one or two. I saw nothing yesterday...zip!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

LOL well the asda by my house had this banner outside the building which was huge & basically just his face ;) I think they did it for the last Euro as well

LOL, the last world cup was a real pisser. Marks & Spencer did special edition sandwiches though; I miss my samba chicken wrap. I also picked up some England tat really cheap at Sainsbury's after England got knocked out. :lol: I was giggling about how badly England did...worse than in 2002...and everyone at work was like "But you lot (the USA) did worse!" Well...only a little, but we don't care about soccer anyway. The English do, which makes it funny. :luv: Awww, bless.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

LOL, the last world cup was a real pisser. Marks & Spencer did special edition sandwiches though; I miss my samba chicken wrap. I also picked up some England tat really cheap at Sainsbury's after England got knocked out. :lol: I was giggling about how badly England did...worse than in 2002...and everyone at work was like "But you lot (the USA) did worse!" Well...only a little, but we don't care about soccer anyway. The English do, which makes it funny. :luv: Awww, bless.

It's funny that a country cares about their soccer team?

#######? God, when are you leaving the much-hated UK again? I can't wait til you stop whining about everything Britain does that sucks.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really dislike footie too. I can't understand why people are so obsessed. I guess we can just put it down to an English (or European even, cos all of Europe is just as footie mad) eccentricity! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.